Author Topic: Early TOC list-  (Read 2032 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Early TOC list-
« on: October 13, 2022, 06:13:42 PM »
Here's what I just threw together for early interest and going over. 16 total with a pair of events to go. That translates to about 5 or 6 showing up based on past history.

Winners: Eagler, ReddFoxx, StepSis, tdgShane, trogdor
Wabbits or Kills:  Chewie, HORRIDO1, Lazer, LeonTwnk, Rascal43, Rud3boi, Sawzaw, TC, THRASH99, Violator, Vlkyrie1
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Early TOC list-
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 06:41:58 PM »
Guess it's time to start thinking about a date. January 14th or 21st at usual 3 or 4 pm would pop up as regular dates and time options.

I'll have to update and go over the list again.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 08:34:18 AM »
At one point I recall having past TOC winners getting into future TOCs but can’t find my discussion on it.

Should previous TOC winners get invitations? Overall I think it’s a good idea and might help attendance.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 09:02:33 AM »
Sounds like a great idea fuzeman!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2022, 09:27:49 AM »
Should previous TOC winners get invitations? Overall I think it’s a good idea and might help attendance.

Maybe I will show up just for the nostalgia if you do this, no guarantees though sorry.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2022, 05:28:04 PM »
I like / don’t like it. It might boost attendance but I also don’t want someone who hasn't had anything to do with AH or KOTH in a long time showing up. Not that I keep track of previous winners.
That leaves a bad taste in my mouth but maybe that’s just me.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2022, 11:48:29 PM »
but I also don’t want someone who hasn't had anything to do with AH or KOTH in a long time showing up.

I still get on a bit every few months, but sorry to say the game is just not as fun or populated these days.

If that's how you really feel though no worries I won't join if you see it as a negative, only posted here with good intentions.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2022, 01:24:43 AM »
If your on every few months your as active as me and I think your good to go.
See you there!  <S>

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2022, 06:34:59 AM »
As you have asked fuzeman I think all previous TOC winners should get an invite if you can contact them..

As they earned the right IMO as they were the annual winners...leave it up to them to see if they want to pay the $15 to make it if they are not a sub now..

You started this thread stating you expect only 5 or 6 to show up now..

I  think the more the merrier

Hope you can make it Krup!

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2022, 07:40:51 AM »
Put me on the same list as Krupinski! :rock

This time I won't be a roll over. Unlike last time I start feeling like I am actually sitting in the plane. I have been practicing... My lawndarts :x

I plan on being there <$>

Dutch
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2022, 09:01:14 AM »
I say, LET THEM FIGHT! :salute
Ingame: StepSis

Needs help with homework!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2022, 11:25:06 AM »
As KOTH TOC last year had only 5 of us, I am for anything that might add another pilot or 2 or 5 to this years...

Eagler

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2022, 11:54:32 AM »
I'm okay with inviting past TOC winners - even if they re-sub for just the event.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline trogdor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2022, 05:49:38 PM »
Fuzeman, I'm very much in favor of inviting prior TOC winners.

I'm furthermore in favor of inviting anyone who's ever won even a single round of any KOTH ever to TOC. Or anyone who's shown up to a KOTH.

In fact, I'm in favor of allowing anyone with a valid library card or a signed Girl-Scouts participation award and firm handshake to TOC.

A fun event (i.e. with lots of pilots) sounds more interesting to me than an exclusive event!
Seems like most folks in this thread have similar feelings. I'd hate for us to turn potential KOTH players away.

cheers,
trog
"It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob out there."
- Patches O'Houlihan

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2022, 05:59:26 PM »
I think previous TOC winners is good.
I’m against lowering requirements too much though.
Potential KOTH participants, spilt milk, water under the bridge and the horse that goes away because the barn door was left open have something in common.