Author Topic: Thank you for flying in Operation Husky!  (Read 520 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Thank you for flying in Operation Husky!
« on: October 23, 2022, 01:11:18 PM »
Thank you, bold and dashing pilots of Aces High, for flying in Operation Husky.  :aok

There were epic aerial battles.  There were curses exclaimed and shouts of victory.  Acts of heroism and of desperation.

The gamut of human emotion and vitality played out in the delirious blue skies of Sicily!  :aok

Special thanks to Rocco and Ditto for stepping up to be CO's.  :aok

I hope that folks had a great time.

I flew P-40's.  We P-40's had a great time.  Sometimes we made it to target and escaped with our lives.  Sometimes we were caught and slaughtered to the last man.  Sometimes, while many of us perished, going down in flames while shaking our fists at the hated Hun, some battled their way out to land with shaking hands and shot-up planes back at base.

Now, with the battle over, we give a hearty <S> to our noble foes, the Luftwaffe and Regia Aeronautica!  :aok

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Thank you for flying in Operation Husky!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 02:51:23 PM »
Had a great time, as always. 

Thanks to Brooke for all the organization does, to the group and flight leads for the extra work and responsibilities they take on, to the folks behind the scenes like scenario designers, mapmakers and skinners who make it as authentic as possible, and to everyone who gave up Fall Saturday afternoons to show up and fly!

<S>

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 05:00:32 PM »
Bombers had a great time . Apdrone is a fine flight leader .

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 03:32:40 AM »
Bombers had a great time . Apdrone is a fine flight leader .
I really enjoyed this scenario, despite having several problems along the way!  This was one of the best I have been in for a while, without air spawns being used apart from once in the first frame. Thankfully not again. I much prefer these fewer long flights than lots of shorter ones. APDrone is indeed an excellent leader, though he must despair of me when I often fall behind.  Or go the wrong way entirely…… Thanks to him for putting up with me! 

Looking forward to the next one!   :airplane: :old:
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun