Author Topic: This Has to be Fixed, Hiding in Buildings.  (Read 5086 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
This Has to be Fixed, Hiding in Buildings.
« on: October 23, 2022, 04:49:52 PM »
This game glitch has got to be fixed, otherwise it will kill the game. On 1 certain terrain tile, the 3 story building in the villages can be entered with a gv. While it is not something you can just drive into, it can still be accessed relatively easily. While the individual is in the building, they can see out and shoot with out being seen. If you happen to be looking and see the muzzle flash, you know they are there, however the only way to kill them is to bomb the building. We have a few of the best gv'ers in the game utilizing this glitch, when confronted they argue its part of the game, any one can use it. Like it or not, agree or not, its wrong and it is gaming the game.

As a map maker it is easy to avoid the problem, I just do not use that tile near any base as I create a new map. Unfortunately we have fjordma, bowlma, craterma, & etoma that have this tile in use.

There let the Flames begin.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: This Has to be Fixed, Hiding in Buildings.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 09:09:50 PM »
in aces high 2 that was considered a tactic and we used it all the time. i can still remember shooting down planes with a tank, that couldnt see me in a building. it was great fun.
in thursday night tank fights i blow up the city and guys get into the destroyed buildings and shot out of them. also a tactic. they die quickly, but its part of the fun!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 09:19:13 PM »
Post screenshots so we as a community know how to find them now. Nothing is going to get fixed so rather expose the glitch and it will be easy Pickens  :salute
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2022, 10:20:50 PM »
in aces high 2 that was considered a tactic and we used it all the time. i can still remember shooting down planes with a tank, that couldnt see me in a building. it was great fun.
in thursday night tank fights i blow up the city and guys get into the destroyed buildings and shot out of them. also a tactic. they die quickly, but its part of the fun!

I'm not talking about getting into destroyed buildings, I'm talking about working your way into an existing fully upright building in the remote villages. AH2 is a different story all together, we could hide in the Indestructible, and inside destroyed buildings. Also don't forget the barns.

In AH3 building interiors are only accessible when destroyed, or at least until this glitch was discovered. I believe it has something to do with the routine that gets gv's unstuck from trees.

Merv, there is no way to find them unless you see the muzzle flash of the gun(s).
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2022, 10:26:04 PM »
I'm not talking about getting into destroyed buildings, I'm talking about working your way into an existing fully upright building in the remote villages. AH2 is a different story all together, we could hide in the Indestructible, and inside destroyed buildings. Also don't forget the barns.

In AH3 building interiors are only accessible when destroyed, or at least until this glitch was discovered. I believe it has something to do with the routine that gets gv's unstuck from trees.

Merv, there is no way to find them unless you see the muzzle flash of the gun(s).
yes but an overhead view screenshot with town nearby in view would help to find it along with a screenshot of the building itself.
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2022, 10:35:16 PM »
This game glitch has got to be fixed, otherwise it will kill the game. On 1 certain terrain tile, the 3 story building in the villages can be entered with a gv. While it is not something you can just drive into, it can still be accessed relatively easily. While the individual is in the building, they can see out and shoot with out being seen. If you happen to be looking and see the muzzle flash, you know they are there, however the only way to kill them is to bomb the building. We have a few of the best gv'ers in the game utilizing this glitch, when confronted they argue its part of the game, any one can use it. Like it or not, agree or not, its wrong and it is gaming the game.

As a map maker it is easy to avoid the problem, I just do not use that tile near any base as I create a new map. Unfortunately we have fjordma, bowlma, craterma, & etoma that have this tile in use.

A wine has been noted.  :rofl
'play the game my way'

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2022, 11:28:31 PM »
'play the game my way'

Coogan

wtf?

It's clearly a glitch, and not supposed to happen.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2022, 08:24:34 AM »
wtf?

It's clearly a glitch, and not supposed to happen.

Just coogan being coogan.  :rolleyes:
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2022, 11:01:28 AM »

Just coogan being coogan.  :rolleyes:

What he said, Coogan is irrelevant.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2022, 12:11:11 PM »
'play the game my way'

Coogan

A coward has been spotted   :salute
'I need to be invisible to get any kills in a GV'  :rock

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2022, 12:30:36 PM »

You would have hated the old TT. Good times back then
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2022, 04:36:38 PM »
You would have hated the old TT. Good times back then

I played in AH2, this is NOTHING like AH2. In AH2 your were allowed to access destroyed buildings, the Barnes all over the terrain, and the Indestructibles at the vbases.

These are buildings that are not supposed to accessed, but due to an error in the Tile graphics, or some other unplanned consequence, individuals can enter the building. Its not all buildings, just the 3 story buildings in the villages. Even then you can't just drive in, you have to approach the end of the building at an angle the try to force your way in, just like you do when trying to get unstuck from a tree.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2022, 08:32:39 PM »
If you ignore the guy in the building and he has no customers, he gets bored and goes somewhere else. My buddy Hogey would never hide in a building.  :D

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2022, 03:32:57 AM »
I played in AH2, this is NOTHING like AH2. In AH2 your were allowed to access destroyed buildings, the Barnes all over the terrain, and the Indestructibles at the vbases.

These are buildings that are not supposed to accessed, but due to an error in the Tile graphics, or some other unplanned consequence, individuals can enter the building. Its not all buildings, just the 3 story buildings in the villages. Even then you can't just drive in, you have to approach the end of the building at an angle the try to force your way in, just like you do when trying to get unstuck from a tree.
That one building in TT wasnt destroyed lol. We would go in there with jeeps and everything.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2022, 06:35:30 PM »

What want to know is ... what action Hitech is taking to fix it, if any? This has been known about for some time now. All he needs to do is pop in and say "yes I'm working or no I'm not, but keep paying so I can stay in retirement.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301