Author Topic: Still Doing My Homework  (Read 351 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Still Doing My Homework
« on: February 04, 2023, 09:02:33 AM »
Long story short my son had a Psvr and a Rift S he no longer uses but I can’t get them to work on my laptop. The Psvr sort of works just not for AH. Again I have a laptop and not really for gaming. I am open to vr but all I play is AH so I would need to buy a new rig and a vr set which is not out the realm of possibility. My son is also due for a new comp and I could use his aurora r7 then.

For now I sit about 2 feet from a 55” 4K tv. It’s kinda cool lol. I know everyone is going to say I must go vr but I want to make sure I like it first.

Does vr help in vehicles in any significant manner?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 09:07:29 AM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: Still Doing My Homework
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 05:52:06 PM »
With VR there is a sacrifice in resolution. You trade that for better immersion and imho situational awareness. In air to air that's a good trade off.

In GV fights some would argue that those tiny pixels in higher resolutions make the difference between seeing someone hiding behind a bunch of trees and not. That said I've been GVing in VR for the last 15ish years and I love it. I'm not sure how much of an advantage VR gives but I certainly feel like sometimes I have better SA, and in some vehicles you can even stand up in the commanders position (so you can park in a bush, and stand up to have a peak around).

One of my favourite pastimes is hunting wirbles in a jeep, in VR it is an absolute hoot. You can also obviously kill M8s and M3s, and some tanks are vulnerable to 50cals (panzer top turret, some engine bays and all tracks). Thing is in the jeep VR gives you an amazing level of SA with high speed and maneuverability.

Sometimes I just park up in an ambush spot, in VR, relax, and have a nap with the ambient noises and stuff lulling me off to sleep until btbrando rolls past.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 06:10:48 PM »
I also heard you can get up and walk walk around bomber cockpits? I shoot for toejam does the vr help with aiming in a fighter at all?

I will tell Brando to keep an ear out. :D
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 06:36:31 AM »
I also heard you can get up and walk walk around bomber cockpits? I shoot for toejam does the vr help with aiming in a fighter at all?

I will tell Brando to keep an ear out. :D

Night and day for me

VR has improved my aim in planes immensely

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2023, 08:54:46 AM »
That’s what I was worried about lol.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2023, 11:53:35 AM »
Agree with what the guys have said, especially air to air.  Air to air, it’s way more immersive.  Once you go VR, you’ll never go back. It does take a pretty robust system to make it sing.  Check system requirements carefully.  Enjoy!  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all