Author Topic: How to say $5000  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: How to say $5000
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2022, 10:28:29 AM »
Disney is nothing more than a big money making machine anymore. I recall reading an article about them several years back where they were proud to say that they had a record breaking profit year. Then they celebrated by raising prices in their parks. The amount of money you are spending there is just too much any more for the average working Joe with 2 kids.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2022, 10:48:03 AM »
Walt is rolling in his grave. Disney is an embarrassment.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2022, 12:21:44 PM »
Wife loves Disney so we were going to go on vacation to Disney World in Orlando. We decided just to move there instead and leave Portland. We were out in 6 months. Now we live 45 min away and have season passes. She is a master planner and we've stayed in a few of the resorts there. I have to say, while it's pretty expensive for some things, they do it right. The parks are clean, have amazing structures and experiences, the rides are cool. I've eaten at most of the restaurants there and generally all of them have pretty good food. I just got back from Fort Wilderness Lodge. It was incredible and we had a cool time. While it may seem expensive, they diffinitely throw a lot of money back into the parks growth. New rides are constantly being built and new ride innovation is there. I think they do a really good job in that aspect. It blows my mind how awesome the parks are and it's hard not to want to feel like a kid and buy things. Admittedly I have 2 lightsabors now.  :rofl. It's also good for exercise as you walk about 3+ miles a day. My only gripe is that some products are cheaply made.

I don't agree with some of the things that new leadership is doing, I hope some of them get replaced. I think the parks aspect to Disney are better than the Hollywood approach and I wish they'd get back to story telling rather than virtue signaling.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2022, 01:19:48 PM »
Wife loves Disney so we were going to go on vacation to Disney World in Orlando. We decided just to move there instead and leave Portland. We were out in 6 months. Now we live 45 min away and have season passes. She is a master planner and we've stayed in a few of the resorts there. I have to say, while it's pretty expensive for some things, they do it right. The parks are clean, have amazing structures and experiences, the rides are cool. I've eaten at most of the restaurants there and generally all of them have pretty good food. I just got back from Fort Wilderness Lodge. It was incredible and we had a cool time. While it may seem expensive, they diffinitely throw a lot of money back into the parks growth. New rides are constantly being built and new ride innovation is there. I think they do a really good job in that aspect. It blows my mind how awesome the parks are and it's hard not to want to feel like a kid and buy things. Admittedly I have 2 lightsabors now.  :rofl. It's also good for exercise as you walk about 3+ miles a day. My only gripe is that some products are cheaply made.

I don't agree with some of the things that new leadership is doing, I hope some of them get replaced. I think the parks aspect to Disney are better than the Hollywood approach and I wish they'd get back to story telling rather than virtue signaling.
Try Universal Studios, it’s more fun for Adults. Taking my kids to Disney is akin to dropping in on the 5th reign of hell for a few days, there are very few things I would rather not do.

Chuikov

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2022, 03:32:02 PM »
Try Universal Studios, it’s more fun for Adults. Taking my kids to Disney is akin to dropping in on the 5th reign of hell for a few days, there are very few things I would rather not do.

Thats hilarious. It's quite amazing that I've never been to universal and I've been dieing to go!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2022, 06:21:39 PM »
Wilderness lodge:

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2022, 09:02:08 PM »
Personally I love Disney World. I have been many times and stayed both on and off property. As I live in New England it isn't a 45 minute drive in for me. First trip was just after Navy boot camp in 76 and I have been atleast a dozen times since. I HAPPILY spend my money to go time after time. Some people believe its a good idea to spend hundreds or thousands on a bottle of scotch, I dont, but I dont begrudge those that do.

Far too many people here are very conscious of the "R" and "D", "woke" crap, or "how a company is run". Me I enjoy those things in life I like, avoid those that I dont and go from there. If you want to be miserable worry about how Disney is run that that is your issue and you can go pout in the corner about that and all the other things that seem to hang you up.

Me, Im looking forward to my next trip to Disney, both my sons and their girlfriends are looking forward to meeting us there and I hope to drag my 80 year old mother in law one more time to see the parks again. I dont care how Disney runs its self, nor do I worry how much its going to cost. Like anything else I want, the price is the price. If I need a new graphics card, I buy one. Am I well off?  LOL!!! hell no!. At 64 Im still working and with no way to retire yet I will continue to do so.

Stop worrying/complaining about the stuff you can and never will change and just enjoy your life!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2022, 07:44:16 AM »
Disney was great on grad night 1977

Have been there with our sons and later thier grandkids

Great 1st couple of times but it has its limits...

Speed passes with the grandkids made it more bearable

Universal is more adult based

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals