Author Topic: How many of you have planned your funeral?  (Read 1554 times)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
How many of you have planned your funeral?
« on: October 31, 2022, 10:26:08 AM »
When my time comes there will be very little for the family to do. When Mom passed in her 103rd year 2 months ago, we spent about 1/2 hour at the funeral home regarding the funeral as everything had already been pre-arranged.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Re: How many of you have planned your funeral?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 12:07:50 PM »
Will do next time I go somewhere they sell trash pouches big enough for a 184 cm tall corpse.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 12:42:10 PM »
Mom passed in 2018, I paid for everything...Dad passed on Thanksgiving morning 2019,  everything was taken cared of beforehand so no problems there outside of me spinning out and spiraling down a rabbit hole for about 2 years

Myself am already prepared and everything is already paid for so no financial strain on my kids

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 12:57:24 PM »
My parents made a corpse testament for the University. That means when they die they'll immediately be transported to the University where medical students can study a real human body. When they've finished, the remains will be cremated at their cost and the ashes spread to the nearest cemetery unless we want them so that we can bury them elsewhere.

For myself I'd like to participate my memorial service while still alive. That would require some beforehand knowledge of my dying day, though. But it would be nice to hear all the kind words and memorize them during my last days. I heard that one guy was given one year during which he first fulfilled his dreams and when he felt like his state was getting to the steeper slope he organized his commemoration - according to one participant it was a very warmhearted event after the first tense moments.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 02:28:16 PM »
LAdy I know put her husbands service together without  a funeral parlour. HAd his body creamated, did a service where they went to church with friends helping seat people, and paid for a reception. Saved 1000's. Im starting to think along the same lines.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2022, 03:29:03 PM »
We shot our neighbor Archie out of a cannon (his ashes)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2022, 03:45:23 PM »
Cremation one way or the other

Ashes probably ending up in Great Falls National Park VA as that's where we put mom, dad and younger brother

Not a huge ceremony as it's not too legal :)

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2022, 06:10:14 PM »
Now that's gonzo

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2022, 08:47:22 PM »
My MIL is planning hers.
I'm storing all that she wants to give to her kids. They'll be a mess.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2022, 08:49:19 PM »

That's awesome.
One of our friends is making those arrangements in advance.  He's also having bobble heads made of him for his wife to give away as party favors. Patron saint of good ole boys, he says.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2022, 09:44:06 PM »
I don't care what is done with me when I die. Were it up to me just cremate me and do with me as you wish. Having said that, everything that happens after I die is for my loved ones left behind.

So I'm sure they will want to bury me and have the service anyway. Life insurance will cover burial anyway.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2022, 10:12:16 AM »
All our arrangements were made years ago. One of my uncles owned a funeral parlour and when he sold it he was nice enough to make arrangements for most the emediate family.

Was sorry to hear of your Mom’s passing,she had a great run making 102!

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2022, 03:58:15 PM »
After almost checking out early from a stroke in March 2020, I made sure that my Wife and kids knew I wanted to be cremated and spread at the family place on the Frio river in south Texas, increased the life insurance pay out so that everything would be taken care of with some money left over for the beneficiaries, and made certain they all knew that if they decide to hold a memorial service for me I want any/all participants to show up in whatever kind of clothes they would wear while comfortable at home on the weekend.  A funeral/memorial service is bad enough without also making everybody wear dress clothes that almost nobody is actually comfortable wearing; just sit around a campfire with me in a temporary earn/container nearby and share stories, laugh, and talk toejam about the stupid stuff I've done, while sharing some good beer or bourbon.
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2022, 06:35:47 PM »
You idjits haven't gotten a thread locked week, WHAT is the problem?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2022, 11:05:31 PM »
You idjits haven't gotten a thread locked week, WHAT is the problem?

Joe Biden is poopy
And
Donald Trump has terrible haircut

If mentioning those two clowns doesn't get this thread locked
then maybe a good ole conspiracy theory ought to!
Here goes:

No one shot John F Kennedy, his head just did that.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 11:07:24 PM by TryHard »