Author Topic: Flight Sim  (Read 776 times)

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
Flight Sim
« on: October 31, 2022, 02:24:24 PM »
I was wondering if anyone here has used any of the later released Microsoft Flight Sim programs. Im looking for a screenshot of a certain area where I live before to check detail before I make the purchase. I assume you can launch from just about anywhere.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: Flight Sim
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 06:15:29 PM »
I've been messing with it. The map detail looks OK but can be a little dated depending on how recent the map images might be. There are things around me that have been gone for like 10 years and been replaced by something else that either show up as a construction site or the long gone thing. A couple of car plants on either side of me. The AI can do some funny things with objects on the ground where it might plant trees. I flew up the Delaware River out of New Castle towards Philadelphia. Philly looks pretty good. Saw the battleship New Jersey across the river but as I got closer it had a clump of trees sticking out of it! Guess it thought the radar masts were trees! So... It depends! There are some places that have photogrammetry applied and have very high detail.

Where were you looking for? I can take a screenie.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 12:58:41 PM »
I have it too. Have not flown much lately though. As Drano said, some areas are quite good and then others are a little lackluster. It does get updates and areas are improved. There are also packs you can purchase for certain areas. Some packs are free.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 01:05:23 PM »
You'll need a pretty fast internet connection for Photogrammetry to work properly.  50MBs down or better is recommended.
There is a new update coming Nov 11th that will introduce gliders & helicopters.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 03:20:49 PM »
If you want to try it for yourself you can sign up for Xbox Gamepass for the PC. Its like $1 for the first month and then you can cancel the subscription. Its totally worth the $10 a month if you play a lot of games. Some good stuff on there. I find its a good way to find games I like and then buy them for real. The games can rotate out but certain ones like Flight Simulator have been on there for a long time.

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2022, 06:43:32 AM »
Thanks Ill give it a go

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2022, 04:53:17 PM »
The Xbox GAmepass was the way to go. I get to fly around the area where I live albiet in a Cesna. It might worth the purchase.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2022, 04:43:15 AM »
When it first released, I flew around my area and in the Texas Hill Country quite a lot. Also messed around over in the Big Bend area.

Quite a bit of island hopping too.
80th FS "Headhunters"