Author Topic: (Ratbstrd) 21 years and thousands of dollars in monthly subs I got pushed out :(  (Read 3506 times)

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
You will have way more fun in DCS. Especially if you like Helicopters.

Helicopters in DCS are awesomely fun but then again DCS is a blast even with the free player made mods like the A4 ov10 uh60 and t45 to name a few.
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Helicopters in DCS are awesomely fun but then again DCS is a blast even with the free player made mods like the A4 ov10 uh60 and t45 to name a few.
\

I do not use the non DCS mods. I mainly fly in Enigmas cold war server or Tempests Blueflash server as they are both PvP servers. The only bots are the ground targets.

Helo Vs Helo is where it is at for me. Guns N Rockets all day
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Upvoting this one.   

Just cool down and rethink everything and then come back to the game. It is fun and you know a lot of people here. Just be more mindful of stuff and let it go.

Offline KillerPops

• Zinc Member
I suspect the "mods" will continue to run off people until this game goes the way of warbirds.

Hasn't it already? I'm here from time to time just to check the temp. A flight sim game is all about updates, new features, improvements. On the other hand, one single bad judgement by some mod in 20 years? That's for sure is no reason to go IMO. DCS, IL2, that's where things are happening these days, although I would really love to see something happening with this game as well.  :bolt:

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
A flight sim game is all about updates, new features, improvements.

Well definitely at least one that charges a subscription.  I mean I guess that applies to any software not just flight sims.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
In my 20+ years, i have never had a run in with them.
I had one mute and deserved it.  But let's blame mods for the "demise" of the game...  :rolleyes:
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
\

I do not use the non DCS mods. I mainly fly in Enigmas cold war server or Tempests Blueflash server as they are both PvP servers. The only bots are the ground targets.

Helo Vs Helo is where it is at for me. Guns N Rockets all day

The Damned has 2 PVE training servers with some PVP (Day and Stormy Night), 2 PVE campaign servers (Syria and Persian Gulf), and a WWII PVE server (Marianas). We haven't gotten that big into PvP yet and most of us hit other servers to fill the need for PVP drama.

On our training servers we have the T45 Trainer,  A4E-C, C-130 Hercules, UH-60L, OV-10A Bronco, and the A-29B Super Tucano enabled but you do not need them to play on our servers. All of these free player made mods are pretty solid and fairly accurately modeled. That being wrote, we will not use mods that require another mod or are super top secret aircraft you can't possibly get accurate due to the specs being super classified like the F-22 and F-35.

The Damned squadron in DCS has grown to about 12 regularly active players and several less active players. We still have a few AH players in the game and we have a few guys that dabble in Il2 star citizen and Arma III.

We are considering getting involved in some official DCS competitions like SATAL and a few of us Rotor heads are considering entering Virpils Shadow's Trophy Helicopter competition.

https://virpil-servers.com/tournaments/shadows-trophy-2022/info.html

Your always welcome to drop by our discord https://discord.gg/aZDz5Gqy (7 day invite).
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Was gonna try the race course tonight.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member

Throwing away the fun you have had, and the fun you were looking forward to with your kids over a 2 hour mute is foolish, but hey, its your decision.
Can't agree. Sometimes you get pushed over the edge. The last straw, etc. There are many many other fun things out there in life, and if a mod makes you want to make a statement I 100% support finding other things to do.
I've had a few mod issues in the past, even though I never use foul language or whatever and avoid politics. They seem capricious and pleased to use their power.
Of the many things that are slowly bringing this game to an end, mod abuse is in the top ten.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 08:46:29 PM by molybdenum »

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
If Dale isn't going to grow the game any longer then he should open it up to free play and let folks donate via paypal to keep the servers running, and to buy him food and booze.  Its no longer worth subscribing to, and certainly not for 14 bucks a month, the game is stagnated completely (except for skins, which doesn't cost Dale a penny).  I mean, I would chip in ten bucks every other year or so.....  Just to be able to pop on once every three or four months.  Anyway, just a thought.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Wow $14.00 a month, most of us lose that in loose change every month. Don't like the game? Fine but please, don't try to ruin it for me. Tired of the non playing whiners, whining all the time. :rolleyes:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Best 1 hour distraction going for the $$$ these days

Nothing needs to change except map size to sub count imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online nopoop

• Gold Member
A whole fourteen dollars a month ?????

Anyone putting out FOURTEEN DOLLARS A MONTH is crazy !!

That's forty six cents a day !!!!
The horror....
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Wow $14.00 a month, most of us lose that in loose change every month. Don't like the game? Fine but please, don't try to ruin it for me. Tired of the non playing whiners, whining all the time.

Agreed.

- oldman

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
14 bucks for an hour, maybe two a month?  and quite a few months over the last few years with zero hours played, just to preserve perks and a game id?  nah.  Not for a game that is no longer being developed...  Put some time into it or sell it to someone who would develop the game further.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns