Author Topic: Honor Blackman  (Read 328 times)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
Honor Blackman
« on: November 10, 2022, 12:32:24 PM »

Honor Blackman, a motorcycle dispatch rider for the Home Office, during WW2, aged 15. She delivered information and messages between HQ and remote units out in the 'field'. “I was only just old enough to ride a bike and my mother was terrified, but I thought it was heaven.

"It was dangerous because we were in the midst of war and had to mask the headlights during the blackout. Bombs were falling, but the roar of the motorbike engine used to drown out the sound of the doodlebugs so we never heard them coming. It seemed terribly exciting to me.”

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
Re: Honor Blackman
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 01:08:07 PM »
Red hair and black leather; my favorite color combination.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 01:25:36 PM »
Hmmm a wartime trumpet twin,would be a rare bike today.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 04:32:21 PM »
https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-british-motorcycles/triumph-6-1-zm0z13mjzbea/

Triumph’s first production vertical twin was not, as many enthusiasts believe, Edward Turner’s epic 1938 Speed Twin; it was, in fact, Valentine Page’s Triumph 6/1. Almost unheard of in the U.S. and rare even in its home country, had it been successful, Page’s Triumph 6/1 could have changed how we look at Triumph twins.

From 1928 until 1932, Valentine Page and Edward Turner worked together in the drawing office at Ariel motorcycles. Between them, they would design many of the most successful British motorcycles from the late 1920s to the late 1960s. The phenomenal success and influence of Turner’s later Speed Twin, and the relative failure of Page’s 6/1, reminds us that motorcycle
design involves a precarious balance between emotion and engineering.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 04:27:19 PM »
Some us a more interested in pusssy Galore tbh... (had to put 3 s's in because the bbs blocks her name)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2022, 05:09:14 PM »
I must be dreaming.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group