Author Topic: Restting maps with less that 10 players online  (Read 2150 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Re: Restting maps with less that 10 players online
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2022, 12:57:53 PM »
I wonder if there is any possibility that Hitech could set the maps so that they cannot be reset with less than, for example, 10 players? Or...when a country has too few (1-2) players?

Seems the Tropical Thunder Squadron (Knit) love to form up at 0500EST and reset the map, as there is usually not enough players to stop them. No idea what sense of accomplishment it gives them to reset a map with essentially no opposition. Watching grass grow would be more entertaining. All I do know is...we lose some real good maps by them doing this, when there is nobody online. I suggested that they go do it in the TA, as is would be even easier. ;)

Logged in today after they reset it, and a few players...T24, myself...were bummed out that we are now faced with pizza map and then Buzzsaw for the weekend.

Thanks TechWrek and your Tropical Thunder crew for yet another zero dark thirty reset. And....then to add insult to injury, they all log off for the day after they reset it.  :headscratch:  Guess they do not like having 'true' opposition/competition, when taking bases or resetting maps.
I don't dislike you, if I'm on your team I have no problems supporting you in a fight or base take.  I just think you have no voice in the matter when you chose not to defend.  I defend and am successful, if you helped, it would be so much easier for me to do my job. You won't always have the advantage of numbers, thats the beauty of main arena.  If you are outnumbered you can get a Tempest really cheap and destroy all their 20eny options.
Let's try to keep the use of Tempest quite against large nme numbers! Thats when I have the most fun!
AkCaine

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2022, 01:09:53 PM »
I just think you have no voice in the matter when you chose not to defend.  I defend and am successful, if you helped, it would be so much easier for me to do my job. You won't always have the advantage of numbers, thats the beauty of main arena.  If you are outnumbered you can get a Tempest really cheap and destroy all their 20eny options.

My examples were more based on no numbers defending or just me struggling to defend. When there are 1-2 more players trying to defend....I usually join in, as there is somewhat of a chance to slow them down. Remember....it's 0530 EST. The western world is asleep. I try to plead with them, and the reply I get is....."the Bish do it".  Yea....the Bish do it DURING PRIME TIME. Tropical Thunder is the ONLY squadron that forms up at 0500hrs. Hence why they can roll 5-6 bases in 1 hour....and resetting the map.

Here is an example on one day...... again, just me and two or three Rook sleepers online....and here is what my dance card looked like. TechWrek (1) and you (2) in the air, heavy jabos. Baronred (3) in 24s. Mr Cart (4), Mr Jousts (5) and lets not forget Chute (6) all storming a base in GVs.  So.....you are saying you, you alone can effectively defend these numbers? I highly doubt it. You cannot aim at one plane, and contend with the other one dropped eggs on you.

Anyways..... the purpose of my post was I hoped that Hitech would see it and if it was possible, set a min # required on a country....before the war can be won. We have parameters of  what we need, when people are online....90% and then 20%, 20%............why is it so out in left field to have a min # requirement. It would solve the problem of us losing good maps, to this hording in the wee hours.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2022, 02:59:47 PM »
Sounds like a target rich environment

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2022, 03:41:36 PM »
I guess you are too ignorant to understand. Let be break it down into smaller words for you.......... There was nobody online to defend against them.

But...that info won't stop your spewin, because all you are is a troll on these forums. You have 17002 posts.....you are either a chick or you talk too much.

So Mr. Troll......again....adults talking. You're welcome to join....but you really show your immaturity, when you try to turn this into a flame thread.

Ignoring your future comments, until maturity is displayed on your part.

OK Ill use smaller words as well, if they want to take undefended bases there is nothing wrong with that as it is a game option, much like the Bish using 30 players to roll bases defended by 5 guys even if it IS during prime time. It is a way to play the game that is allowed by HTC and has always been.

I have been watching this squad do this for months. No idea what the attraction is.....but the end result is we prematurely lose maps that have been in battle for days. Good battles.

As for your alternate ideas.....they sound great. The end goal here is to have AS realistic of a arena as we can. This squadron would actually have to WORK to reset that last map, prime time. But....they take the easy road, and the road with no possible opposition.

Just because it is not something you would enjoy doing doesnt mean it is wrong, it is just another way to play the game. Much like you hitting strats. I would never bother hitting strats because I would rather go head to head with the other side and fight for the base. I'm not in here suggesting that HTC change the strat setting because I see too many people "wasting their time" as I see it, hitting strats. Thats how they want to play, have at it.

To defend by yourself, drop troops or the VH at the field they are working out of. Make them give up on bases and move around. You dont have to fight them head to head, take away their options. Taking away their troops and/or vehicles will slow them down.

If your not there to defend, then whats the big deal? The maps always come back around.

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2022, 04:28:32 PM »

OK Ill use smaller words as well, if they want to take undefended bases there is nothing wrong with that as it is a game option, much like the Bish using 30 players to roll bases defended by 5 guys even if it IS during prime time. It is a way to play the game that is allowed by HTC and has always been.

Just because it is not something you would enjoy doing doesnt mean it is wrong, it is just another way to play the game. Much like you hitting strats. I would never bother hitting strats because I would rather go head to head with the other side and fight for the base. I'm not in here suggesting that HTC change the strat setting because I see too many people "wasting their time" as I see it, hitting strats. Thats how they want to play, have at it.

To defend by yourself, drop troops or the VH at the field they are working out of. Make them give up on bases and move around. You dont have to fight them head to head, take away their options. Taking away their troops and/or vehicles will slow them down.

If your not there to defend, then whats the big deal? The maps always come back around.

I think you are missing my point.

This thread is not about them hording. That is what they seem to enjoy doing. Don't ask me why they like taking undefended bases, over and over....but they do.

This thread is about seeing IF there is a possibility to have the arena setup where the sim would need a min # of players, before a map reset takes place. They can form up and horde to the cows come home, for all I care. I care about losing a map that we have ALL put a lot of work into (placing CVs, working battlefronts).....only to lose the map because OUR sim is struggling for #'s. Not because they are skilled and can win a battle, but because they choose to form up at 0500 and roll undefended (unable to defend) bases.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2022, 04:34:09 PM »
 :joystick:
Sounds like a target rich environment
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2022, 05:32:20 PM »
I stand with. Capera.  He is exactly right.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2022, 05:46:18 PM »
I think you are missing my point.

This thread is not about them hording. That is what they seem to enjoy doing. Don't ask me why they like taking undefended bases, over and over....but they do.

This thread is about seeing IF there is a possibility to have the arena setup where the sim would need a min # of players, before a map reset takes place. They can form up and horde to the cows come home, for all I care. I care about losing a map that we have ALL put a lot of work into (placing CVs, working battlefronts).....only to lose the map because OUR sim is struggling for #'s. Not because they are skilled and can win a battle, but because they choose to form up at 0500 and roll undefended (unable to defend) bases.

No, you are missing the point.You answered your own question as to why it wont be changed. Players like doing it.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2022, 06:07:49 PM »
Would you guys prefer this squad quits the game and leaves you 1 person to fight at 530am?

Quit crying.  If you weren't so worried about winning the war, you might be able to put a dent in a 5 person "hoarde".

Be thankful for anyone providing you pixels to shoot at.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 06:09:41 PM by Lazerr »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2022, 06:08:28 PM »

No, you are missing the point.You answered your own question as to why it wont be changed. Players like doing it.

Players liked bomb****ing  HQ, too, except, just like this, it ticked off the overwhelming majority so it got changed.  Oops. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2022, 06:50:42 PM »
Would you guys prefer this squad quits the game and leaves you 1 person to fight at 530am?

Quit crying.  If you weren't so worried about winning the war, you might be able to put a dent in a 5 person "hoarde".

Be thankful for anyone providing you pixels to shoot at.

Guess you are not as smart as you promote yourself as. If you actually “read” what I was saying, you would see how ignorant your reply is.

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2022, 06:55:28 PM »
Of course you all don’t see this as a problem. Keep watching the numbers dwindle.

Have a nice day.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2022, 06:57:15 PM »
Lol.. you are asking for a coding change so your 25k bomber sortie isn't interrupted because you can't defend and fight 5 guys.

I read it, I just cut through the roadkill in 1 post.

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2022, 08:18:42 PM »

Remember....it's 0530 EST. The western world is asleep. I try to plead with them, and the reply I get is....."the Bish do it".  Yea....the Bish do it DURING PRIME TIME. Tropical Thunder is the ONLY squadron that forms up at 0500hrs. Hence why they can roll 5-6 bases in 1 hour....and resetting the map.

I understand the issue, but those guys form up at 05:00EST  because "many" of them are Aussies or at least use to be, and its anywhere from 18:00 - 21:00 Aussie time. The one that I know that is from the Eastern U.S. gets up just to fly with them. He has been doing that since 2007 and perhaps a longer. Kind of hard to begrudge a squad that is paying their subscript, and playing when it's convenient for them.

Tropical Thunder are good bunch & so is Capera. <S>

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2022, 09:40:18 PM »
Thanks Tyfoo.

I just asked a question if it was possible to not have the map be reset, based on what was happening when we had no players online.

Will not ask another question on these forums.