Author Topic: Has anyone…  (Read 518 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Has anyone…
« on: November 15, 2022, 03:21:07 PM »
….seen this sign screen?  After a recent hard drive and power supply upgrade, this sign in box pops up after start up.  I have no idea what it’s connected to, and just tap the X in the upper right corner to make it disappear.  I’d love to figure out to make it go away and quit showing up every time the computer starts up.  Any ideas?  Thanks!  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Has anyone…
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 06:01:02 PM »
Go into start and see if you can tell what the executable is and disable it from startup

I think it might be in task manager in windows 10

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline mikeWe9a

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 07:02:12 PM »
Does it have a highlighted program icon in the task bar?  If so, hover your mouse over it and see if it is labelled.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 01:17:30 AM »
With the window showing open the Task Manager. Click the "Name" field in the bar to sort the running programs. You should find that one in the "Apps" section.

A tad more risky approach is to click the "Register" button on the screen to see where it wants you to log in.

As Eagler said, in the Task Manager/Startup tab you can disable programs and apps from starting. However I'd rather fix the problem instead of disabling it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 01:19:39 AM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 06:26:34 PM »
The language is a red flag for me "Allow to do the following". Smells of something bad.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 02:00:08 PM »
Gents,

Finally had time to sit down and try your suggestions.  The task manager revealed a program that I very seldom use that turned out to be the culprit. Disabled it and the problem went away.   When I had the larger hard drive installed, a mirroring software was used to transfer everything from the old drive to the new.  Apparently, this rogue program decided put its hand up for attention.

Thanks very much for you insight and expertise to solve a simple problem. 👍

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2022, 08:55:33 PM »
I'd still download the free version of malwarebytes and give your PC the once over.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2022, 09:30:18 PM »
I'd still download the free version of malwarebytes and give your PC the once over.

Good idea!