Author Topic: Break down a couple of fights please  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Break down a couple of fights please
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2022, 02:41:57 PM »
If you are headed into a larger red dar bar than the green one, stay in a very fast plane and don't turn if you want a chance to live and land...kills are secondary...109k4

If the green dar bar is larger than the red bar...larger the better, you might be able to get into a turning plane and if you can get odds at max 2 vs you, you might get  a kill maybe both ..109f4 or 109g2 with gonds..

Climb up in either case and come in at least 5k higher than any red dot you see

That is what ma has become for me

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2022, 12:19:01 PM »
Sorry about dropping out of sight on this, recovering from a bout with covid  :frown:

I watched the other two films a few times. Not much else to say , if your going to fly around IN furballs in a turny plane you are going to have to work on your SA (Situational Awareness). You had a YAK come up under you, you heard it, you did a quick horizontal scan and then re focused on your target untill you started taking hits....which was way to late to look again. :) You have got to scan high and low in the quick scan as well as just once around the hat switch.

Another thing that you might want to work on is "getting skinny". Ever notice how some guys are just so hard to hit? They seem to turn at just the right time and you miss. If your chasing me and Im in a 38, I break left in a flat turn, or pull up in a loop, you'll start drooling because I have just given you one of the biggest targets in the game to shoot at. But if Im watching, at D600 I kick some rudder and roll my plane to point a wing tip at you as you shoot you now have a profile target which not much bigger than a pony, add a bit of nose down or nose up and you miss. Thats called getting skinny. SA and timing work great with this. It also can lead into a good position for an over shoot shot if I continue that roll as you pass I could get a nice snap shot on you as you pass.

I hope someone else gets to run your films and spots more to help you.   

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2022, 02:07:36 AM »
Good exercise for improving SA is to find a furbal, empty your guns (trust me), and then engage. Since you cannot shoot, getting position on someone puts them in the irrelevant category and you can scan especially your high six. You'll be surprised how many of your deaths are happening in that phase especially because your manoeuvring is reduced and predictable. Helps if you can perform BFM well whilst looking backwards.

^ Practice.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2022, 06:30:18 AM »
Good exercise for improving SA is to find a furbal, empty your guns (trust me), and then engage. Since you cannot shoot, getting position on someone puts them in the irrelevant category and you can scan especially your high six. You'll be surprised how many of your deaths are happening in that phase especially because your manoeuvring is reduced and predictable. Helps if you can perform BFM well whilst looking backwards.

^ Practice.

What a clever exercise :rock  :joystick:

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2022, 07:12:54 AM »

^ Practice.

Or just live longer than your ammo and fly till you die instead of humping it back to base

If they are excited enough trying to get a kill, you might get another kill or two as they dart into the ground behind you

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2022, 12:50:51 AM »
Alright, here are some things I gathered from watching your films:

1. First video - you are basically in a trap trying to fight about 5 guys at once right at their base. If you are in this situation in a slow turner like a brew, you aren't going to last long. You have to be more patient when multiple cons are around and you don't have friendly support. Fly out and get some alt and come back in. I couldn't tell if you were using flaps, but in that situation or turning fights, you need to use more flaps and throttle to really get around on planes more quickly. In that situation, you have to try for all of the shots you can get quickly to try to down planes as they overshoot.

2. Second video - You need to use more throttle work when coming behind someone. No reason you should have overshot that F4U. You aren't being aggressive enough to slow down and get the shots. Being in a slow spit1, you aren't really gonna be focusing too much on your E state anyway, so just hurry up and kill him. All of your shots are late, in the 3rd video as well. What you should do, and what I do is, put a forward button on your views to "look forward" then press that button, hit 'page up" and then hit F10. This will allow you to look over the nose better and can really help with leading shots while you are shooting. Page down brings your head lower. Some planes you can look really far over the nose, others like the 109, not so much, but it still helps. Focus on keeping your lead in the shot rather than actually seeing the plane. Most players are not skilled enough to get you to lead and then nose down the other way for you to lose them. Normally they continue in the turn, so lead far and trust your bullets and just shoot. Pretty soon you will get a better idea of where to lead with different planes and bullets. Try to set up your shots as crossing shots rather than lead shots. This is the easiest way to hit something.

3. Third video - Your SA failed you. You turned right in-front of that Typhie!! Never turn on a plane if there is another plane behind him. You need to be looking around a lot more. There were times when I felt a plane could hop your 6 and you wouldn't even know, just like the typhie did. As with your first video It didn't seem like you were keeping track of the planes well enough. Look around a lot more and try to keep track of all of the planes around you. Never think you are safe not to look, especially in a turn and burn plane, especially when you are engaging another fighter.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 01:19:48 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion