Author Topic: Break down a couple of fights please  (Read 1429 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Break down a couple of fights please
« on: November 25, 2022, 04:49:47 PM »
I edited to just show the fights on two sorties. One thing I learned in editing is that I don't take in to account the time it takes for bullets to reach what I'm shooting at. I was shootinng too late even if the lead was correct. Lost sight once turning the wrong way coming out of a loop in one instance.

Both sorties were just to get in some fights.

Let me have it  :D
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: Break down a couple of fights please
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 12:07:07 PM »
I tried to look at your films this morning, but for some reason I can't get them to launch in the film viewer. Anyone else having an issue watching the films? I will look into it more later today.

:salute
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 01:03:43 PM »
They worked fine for me.

A couple points as I go through them. You fight a furball like your in a 1 vs 1. You might get a guy to fight with you but if he is doing it right he is just going after a target of opportunity, which how you should be fighting as well.

Most of your shots are from too far out, the first pass in the F4 in the "spit_1" film you had the right lead, but then dropped off your pull so you only got the one hit sprit.

In a furball, like all those films, you should be spending more time looking for guy trying to saddle up on you than looking at the guy you are chasing. Furballs are for picking. Make a pass on a guy, and then go to the next guy you can get to with out burning E. When following a guy who is chasing a friendly you have the advantage, they are going to follow your friendly, makes it much easier to get ahead of their maneuver and set up a nice shot.

When following a guy use more lead pursuit. try to keep your nose a bit ahead of where the other guy is going to try and cut inside his turn. Also dont be afraid to chop your throttle to get to a better corning speed to make your turn a bit tighter than some of those faster poorer turning planes.

These are a few things I see, take it with a grain of salt. I watch them some more and see if I spot anything else.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 01:12:48 PM »
Well, I have to figure out why they don't want to play for me. Every time I try to launch them it closes the film viewer. I can watch films that I have recorded on a different machine, but none of the three that nopoop attached.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2022, 01:27:00 PM »
OK, In "spit_2", you can see what I mean about chopping throttle. CANUKK is chasing a tiffy. As the tiffy starts to break left CANUKK chops his throttle (his speed drops in the list) and he cuts inside the turn of the tiffy. Then he hammers the throttle and chases down the tiffy.

Next is the F4 on Lasweetheart. the F4 makes a flat turn to the left, so does Lasweetheart, so do you. You might have been better severed by pulling up and rolling to your left to keep the F4 in view then pushing back down to drop back in on him. His turn would have burned a bunch of E where your hi yoyo would have conserver yours giving you the speed and timing to catch him.

The next 3 shots on the YAK was just wasted ammo, even cannons lose their punch out past 400-600. Unless you have a bunch of E it isnt worth trying to chase down a YAK, but if you wanted to keep on him to help out your friendly hoping he would get him to turn, atleast take a second or two to look around. That second YAK picked you pretty easily.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2022, 02:06:09 PM »
I’ll try and take a look later
Ingame: StepSis

Needs help with homework!

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 02:33:15 PM »
Thanks Fugi. I do fight the fur as a 1vs1. All breakdowns are great as far as what I see instead of what I should see. Keep them coming.
nopoop

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2022, 06:39:02 AM »
Well, I have to figure out why they don't want to play for me. Every time I try to launch them it closes the film viewer. I can watch films that I have recorded on a different machine, but none of the three that nopoop attached.

Sik,. Right click on each film you downloaded and open the property's view and make sure that they are not checked as "read only" ...maybe that might be the issue 🤔

Hope this helps..hopefully
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2022, 10:03:12 AM »
I just reset win 10 and fresh AH install too.
films are read only and my film player crashes on all of those

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2022, 10:36:49 AM »
Sik,. Right click on each film you downloaded and open the property's view and make sure that they are not checked as "read only" ...maybe that might be the issue 🤔

Hope this helps..hopefully

I tried that TC, still no go.

The strange thing is I was able to watch the films on my gaming rig, but not my internet rig. So I figured I would just put them on a thumb drive from my gaming rig and move them to my internet rig. Internet rig is better for watching films because it has a full sized keyboard, and I use a 60% on my gaming rig. nopoop's films still won't play on my internet rig, but films I recorded on my gaming rig will play. Still don't know what the issue is, and I haven't had time to dig more into it.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2022, 11:19:06 AM »
I tried that TC, still no go.

The strange thing is I was able to watch the films on my gaming rig, but not my internet rig. So I figured I would just put them on a thumb drive from my gaming rig and move them to my internet rig. Internet rig is better for watching films because it has a full sized keyboard, and I use a 60% on my gaming rig. nopoop's films still won't play on my internet rig, but films I recorded on my gaming rig will play. Still don't know what the issue is, and I haven't had time to dig more into it.

Does your internet rig have a full AH installation on it?  I'm guessing that is required to run AHFilm.exe

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2022, 11:44:24 AM »
Does your internet rig have a full AH installation on it?  I'm guessing that is required to run AHFilm.exe

Yes it does, I watch films on my internet rig all the time. Just not these three, for some reason.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2022, 06:57:22 AM »

Next is the F4 on Lasweetheart. the F4 makes a flat turn to the left, so does Lasweetheart, so do you. You might have been better severed by pulling up and rolling to your left to keep the F4 in view then pushing back down to drop back in on him. His turn would have burned a bunch of E where your hi yoyo would have conserver yours giving you the speed and timing to catch him.

A hi yoyo sounds like the move here. I did not see the film but i am sure you would have gotten on his tail as how Fugi discribes it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVKy8WpAw2s&t=20s
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2022, 11:22:56 AM »
I have all of the Air Combat Tutorial Library films. Great stuff. Highly recomended.
nopoop

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2022, 11:56:07 AM »
I noticed a bit of target fixation and some very jerky controls movements.
Gotta be smooth and checking your surround for contacts more.
Try to be more smooth on the controls, it'll make it easier to track targets while shooting and prevent excessive loss of energy.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho