Author Topic: Help with this 474th FG '38 - looking for any color or B&W images  (Read 252 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
I've looked through all the images on the 474th's Facebook site, and just general Google searches.   All I can find is a couple of color profile images.   

Nice to be able to see both sides, but really would like harder photo evidence.  I think its likely the aircraft was a hand-me-down from one of the other P-38 outfits in the 9th AF, when they converted to P-47s - likely the 370th, or maybe the 36th FG.

No match for the serial number 42-68188 in Joe Baugher's serial numbers listing...

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Help with this 474th FG '38 - looking for any color or B&W images
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 10:36:52 PM »
I've looked through all the images on the 474th's Facebook site, and just general Google searches.   All I can find is a couple of color profile images.   

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice to be able to see both sides, but really would like harder photo evidence.  I think its likely the aircraft was a hand-me-down from one of the other P-38 outfits in the 9th AF, when they converted to P-47s - likely the 370th, or maybe the 36th FG.

No match for the serial number 42-68188 in Joe Baugher's serial numbers listing...

Per the Facebook group this is all they have with photos. They list it with the same tail number.  :headscratch:
I will take a squizz in my book.