Author Topic: That’s Captain Magoo To You!  (Read 407 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
That’s Captain Magoo To You!
« on: December 30, 2022, 02:33:43 PM »
As many of you may have heard me yapping about it… I shoot for sh… :old:

I’ve been playing since 2009 although I took some stints off as my kids got older. I am quite good in most planes and can do some pretty cool stuff in lots of them. I’m routinely 200-600 on someone’s six and I can stay there for a bit no worries. I prefer bnz planes more than not. Love the 51’s of course.

And then I pull the trigger… say hello to Mr. Magoo  :joystick: Pretty sure you are all just doing this when I start firing!  :neener:

I’ve pretty much just excepted over the years that it is what it is. I will accept any pointers!
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: That’s Captain Magoo To You!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 02:42:20 PM »
I remember a MrMagoo from the furbal lake. Same?
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 02:47:40 PM »
lol no not me but I also remember that name.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 03:18:46 PM »
Whats your in game name?

As for tips, record your fights ( i record only the fights not the fly to or crash parts) Then play back the films. Check to see what range your shooting at (right column) you can slow the play back down to see better. Then adjust your convergence for that range unless its something over 500-600, your just wasting bullets at that point. 200-400 is the sweet spot, the lower number for cannons.

Dont hold down the trigger. try to fire in bursts. Pull your lead, easy off the stick and fire, reacquire whats left :)

The rest is pretty much just practice. I like to go into an off line arena, turn on the lead computing site and make runs at the drones ONLY firing when the pipper and green cross hair match giving me hits. On play back the film wont show the green cross hairs but if you only fire when on target you can see the lead you need to get hits. Try a bunch of angles so that you can see different leads.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2022, 03:37:40 PM »
It’s DadTllca. I do try to limit my bursts to be effective but not always in good practice.

Good note about recording I will start that.

How does one go about engaging the computing site in offline thats a new one to me?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 04:51:01 PM »
Setup a button to center your view and use it alot

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 06:01:47 PM »
It’s DadTllca. I do try to limit my bursts to be effective but not always in good practice.

Good note about recording I will start that.

How does one go about engaging the computing site in offline thats a new one to me?

Mongoose has a nice write-up here

http://www.kentwoodstation.com/ArenaSetup/ComputedGunsights.html

Remember to setup your convergence at the range that you normally shoot at, or learn to shoot closer at 200-400.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2022, 06:02:31 PM »
Setup a button to center your view and use it alot

Eagler

Yes this I do.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2022, 06:03:39 PM »
Mongoose has a nice write-up here

http://www.kentwoodstation.com/ArenaSetup/ComputedGunsights.html

Remember to setup your convergence at the range that you normally shoot at, or learn to shoot closer at 200-400.
This looks cool I will give it a read. Thanks.