Author Topic: Wazzup  (Read 717 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Wazzup
« on: January 02, 2023, 12:46:32 PM »
Hello,

I wish AH would communicate more in these forums to express, at least at a high level, what he is working on and any changes coming our way.

Thank you,

X15  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Wazzup
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 01:27:15 PM »
Not sure if this still applies but this is what he said before about this.....

If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.

HiTech

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 03:03:06 PM »
Unless you like new skins....   Well nothing new or 'soon to come'.
Game is stagnant.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 06:34:19 PM »
Game is stagnant.

Coogan

Yup.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 08:32:43 AM »
Thanks for the posts guys.  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2023, 10:13:07 PM »
Game is stagnant.

Stuff like this is why you don't see Hitech in the forums more.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2023, 12:12:12 AM »
Stuff like this is why you don't see Hitech in the forums more.

Is that why? 

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2023, 06:35:58 AM »
Is that why? 

Coogan

Yes Coogan, your pretty much a downer. On rare occasions you post something interesting and sometimes reply in a constructive manner, but again only rarely. :devil
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2023, 08:55:00 AM »
So I called Dale.  I found him warm and passionate about what he does.  Being a software engineer myself, we really got along well and compared notes on the technologies and methods we use in our respective trades.  I really am blown away by his skill and vision at coding.

What these forums get wrong is that he really still has a passion for writing code and this game.  He really wants it to do as well as it can.  He has had to balance that against the realities of the market for a niche game.  He also had distractions, that I respectfully won't share here, over the last few years but is now in a place to start having more time.

I don't see him adding more new planes in the near future but do see him making cool positive changes to the PC game and ways of inclusion that are possible given the new technologies that have emerged.

He made a really really good point on the phone: how many game companies have been around as long as HighTech\Aces High?  That speaks volumes when you really think about it.

Stay tuned guys.  Thanks for reading.

-X15  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2023, 10:19:14 AM »
So I called Dale. 

Thanks for this.

- oldman

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2023, 10:38:06 AM »
Nice... Slade

Gamers never really think about the employees of a game and and that they also have a real life...outside the game itself...

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2023, 10:50:07 AM »
So I called Dale.  I found him warm and passionate about what he does.  Being a software engineer myself, we really got along well and compared notes on the technologies and methods we use in our respective trades.  I really am blown away by his skill and vision at coding.

What these forums get wrong is that he really still has a passion for writing code and this game.  He really wants it to do as well as it can.  He has had to balance that against the realities of the market for a niche game.  He also had distractions, that I respectfully won't share here, over the last few years but is now in a place to start having more time.

I don't see him adding more new planes in the near future but do see him making cool positive changes to the PC game and ways of inclusion that are possible given the new technologies that have emerged.

He made a really really good point on the phone: how many game companies have been around as long as HighTech\Aces High?  That speaks volumes when you really think about it.

Stay tuned guys.  Thanks for reading.

-X15  :salute

Thanks for the update. I too have called and talked to him several times over the last 15 months, he is an amazing guy. I also believe as time and life permit, we will see improvements in the game. He always seems to have time to chat, even as busy as he is.  :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2023, 07:33:57 PM »
thanks for sharing Slade.  <S>

There is no WW2 game like AH.  It may be getting older in terms of graphics when compared to some of the new games, but it is still state of the art in so many ways.
The game has an abundance of planes and ground vehicles with a flight and damage model that cannot be matched by any other online game. When I am in a Wirb and shoot
off the wing of an incoming plane the animation after still makes me chuckle, even after all of these years playing AH.  :D

Players working together as a team to either take a base or simply to go out and furball is remarkable to watch.  GV's furball in their own way.

I hope AH is around for a very long time.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)