Author Topic: A dedicated forum section for those who have been lost.  (Read 379 times)

Offline Fenin

• Zinc Member
      • Instant Rimshot sound effect, play it after every post I make
A dedicated forum section for those who have been lost.
« on: January 11, 2023, 09:05:07 PM »
I'm willing to go thru the generals pages and search for them myself if need be, but I think it may be healthy for the community to have a section dedicated specifically to the passing of players.  With a dedicated Memorial Flights subsection this would allow families of pilots we've lost to have a direct place to post and a memorial thread with the names of those gone compiled and adjusted as need be. 

Obviously, preferably even, it would be good to move all those threads that are in Aces High General Discussion and into a General Forums subforum with an appropriate name. I understand that would be a lot of work.  Though, as I said, I'm entirely willing to go thru the forums myself and compile as many direct links to those threads as possible.  I could begin doing so immediately, though I would be doing it page by page instead of using the search tool due to the sheer breadth of euphemisms for the topic of 'passing away.'

It's grim, but I do believe it would be good for overall morale to hold up the legends that have passed in their own hall of glory than to let their threads be eaten into the General section.  After all, there is nothing generic about losing players in such a way.  The Aces High community, continuation as it is of Warbirds, Fighter Ace, and Air Warrior, is going to be one of the very first communities in online history that faces this problem at such a high level, and adjustments need to be made to hold those lost up for those to come, instead of causing dread or concern for checking what is ultimately a games General message board.

>
hmu on Discord at Fenny - Feebulous#8008, or don't.  Idc

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: A dedicated forum section for those who have been lost.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 09:17:12 AM »
1702E has a nice page that he keeps up to date with all those reported as passing here, links included.

https://bearcats18.enjin.com/rip/m/54979961/page/R.I.P.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 06:06:14 PM »
Wow that page is dope! And  :(
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Fenin

• Zinc Member
      • Instant Rimshot sound effect, play it after every post I make
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 11:34:11 PM »
1702E has a nice page that he keeps up to date with all those reported as passing here, links included.

https://bearcats18.enjin.com/rip/m/54979961/page/R.I.P.

This is wonderfully kind of them, it's good to see that it is kept track of at the least.  As hard as it is on us all.  I know it's probably a bit odd, by the way, to have some guy with only a few dozen posts talk like I am.  You just have to realize I've been lurking the forums sort of since 2006.  Some of you guys have lived rent free in my head for quite literally almost half of my life (or my entire adult one, depending on how you see it!)
hmu on Discord at Fenny - Feebulous#8008, or don't.  Idc