Author Topic: Why not just change the eny system and let it be community based?  (Read 2557 times)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: Why not just change the eny system and let it be community based?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2023, 04:49:41 PM »
Yes lets use the Honor System if we're going to be ridiculous.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2023, 05:48:25 PM »
Would anyone get on board with that without protesting or settling for what this game could be but its not?

This community could never come to an agreement that everyone would be happy with. Never.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2023, 06:00:25 PM »
Bring back Midwar! :aok
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2023, 06:33:03 PM »
Bring back Midwar! :aok

Loved Mid-war. It had the best plane set, and of course similar issues as we find in Melee. I'm on the fence as per dropping my account (after 21 years) but would heartedly reconsider for a Mid-War option. Say, $9.95 @ mo.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2023, 06:57:34 PM »
Loved Mid-war. It had the best plane set, and of course similar issues as we find in Melee. I'm on the fence as per dropping my account (after 21 years) but would heartedly reconsider for a Mid-War option. Say, $9.95 @ mo.

It would work on a super small team death match style map with 10 mile bases with "free to play" and a maximum of 30 players.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2023, 09:09:23 PM »
Was midwar 2 or 3 sided?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2023, 10:06:22 PM »
What exactly was ENY implemented for and what exactly is it designed to do?

It seems to me the consensus has always been to make it easier to defend against the horde, if so then it’s antiquated as we don’t have hordes anymore. Sorry in advance, 8 vs 3 is not a horde.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2023, 05:09:10 AM »
What exactly was ENY implemented for and what exactly is it designed to do?

It seems to me the consensus has always been to make it easier to defend against the horde, if so then it’s antiquated as we don’t have hordes anymore. Sorry in advance, 8 vs 3 is not a horde.

in the past month I have experienced over a dozen times where 2v1 country fights happen during primetime. This forces the country on one side to defend both fronts dividing their forces unevenly. This creates extreme situations of 10-15 v 1-3 with numbers exceeding +40 players attacking bases in horde for as much as 3-4 hours. At no time does eny take effect. After those players log for the night (happening every time on the bishop side) the country that was defending both fronts gets hit with 15-29eny for hours on end.

That is absolutely ridiculous! HTC keeps eny when it is now eny creating huge disadvantages after hours of unintended hording.
I dont hear anybody complaining about hording anymore because frankly we yearn for good numbers in the arena these days. That challenge has always been a welcomed sight to the more talented side of the game.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 05:10:51 AM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Ruckus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2023, 04:00:01 PM »
The 2v1 country fights that merv mentioned is really frustrating if you're on the receiving end, and eny can't account for that.

I believe the best thing for AH would be to go to a 2 country format, and I think that would help balance out a lot of issues. Although I understand that would create some new issues with rebuilding maps and other stuff.

Regarding mid-war battles, I think it would be a mistake to bring it back as a separate arena since that would reduce numbers in the already small main arena. What would be interesting is to have mid-war fights every 4 maps or so and to have them on the smaller maps. I would love to see that.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2023, 05:13:31 PM »
The 2v1 country fights that merv mentioned is really frustrating if you're on the receiving end, and eny can't account for that.

I believe the best thing for AH would be to go to a 2 country format, and I think that would help balance out a lot of issues. Although I understand that would create some new issues with rebuilding maps and other stuff.

Regarding mid-war battles, I think it would be a mistake to bring it back as a separate arena since that would reduce numbers in the already small main arena. What would be interesting is to have mid-war fights every 4 maps or so and to have them on the smaller maps. I would love to see that.
I appreciate you sharing similar frustrations.

Just want to state for the record my issue has never been 2v1 country fights or 10v1 scenarios. I do not like having to fight a sea of red for a few hours and then get restricted to above 20 eny planes when the sea of red logs out.

Just wish that was fixed it's my only issue.

HQRUS
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2023, 05:14:00 PM »

2 teams is never gonna happen but the easiest way to fix the ENY problem is to have maps that are suitable for the current player base so that it's worth it to fight on one side or the other. If the fronts are small, all 3 teams have a better chance of finding action thus having more fun and staying logged in the game rather than logging off in boredom. The current map now has been on for 3 -4 days and is horrible for off hours gameplay with low #s.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2023, 05:44:32 PM »
2 teams is never gonna happen but the easiest way to fix the ENY problem is to have maps that are suitable for the current player base so that it's worth it to fight on one side or the other. If the fronts are small, all 3 teams have a better chance of finding action thus having more fun and staying logged in the game rather than logging off in boredom. The current map now has been on for 3 -4 days and is horrible for off hours gameplay with low #s.
with the current numbers it's a 3-6hr time investment to roll a front just to log and  come back the next day to find not only was all the ground lost but your also down 20-30% of your own bases.

Personally accept that for what it is. The way getting maps into rotation works, doubt it happens. I want to see smaller maps, I don't expect it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 05:47:28 PM by mERv »

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2023, 06:38:40 PM »
An increased number of and more varied maps would be a nice offset at least. Wish I had time to make them.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2023, 10:35:30 PM »
An increased number of and more varied maps would be a nice offset at least. Wish I had time to make them.

Several got previous approval that they would be good fits for the current (years) state of the game, they are completed, submitted and have not yet been implemented. The only one so far is the ETO, which is a great map, but it’s not the only one completed, and ready for implementation, When??
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2023, 11:24:35 PM »
With a game of 100 players hows eny useful? Makes no sense to me