Author Topic: Zeihan on Rogan  (Read 2567 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: Zeihan on Rogan
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2023, 09:52:52 AM »
Well you must not have seen a recent college party or college bar in a while. I bet UGA was a crapshow the other night. Partying there is crazy, ive done it. "Having a few drinks" even though it's just a few, is still "getting high". Actually cannabis brings down drunkenness in a way but can also cause the spins. It's a different type of "high" no doubt, but cannabis is far better for you and keeps your mind sane and rational where as alcohol causes far more emotional outputs. If you've ever seen a smoker circle compared to a party with alcohol you'd see what I'm talking about.

What I meant by that post is that cannabis can be used in many other forms rather just smoking THC. CBD and other properties in terpines provide different forms of relief which is quite interesting. Not only for health, but you can make strong rope with it for levers, you can make clothes, paper, and do a lot of things with it incase you couldn't run to the store in a lockdown emergency or some crap.

I felt mostly the same about MJ until I was about 30, I’m 47 now.

I went to CSU during the transition from Mex bud to hydro-grown (“kind bud”) and the Grower’s Handbook was in practically every rental house. Boulder is 45mins away…

I continue to stand by what I said in our previous conversation about this subject, that being I don’t know of one single person that got into hard drugs that didn’t smoke MJ habitually beforehand. Many of them (not the majority) just weren’t interested in drinking. Unfortunately many of them are dead, some have been for 30yrs and others just recently.

Your adamant stance says your a daily user, so a question for you, can you remember your dreams? How often, maybe one night a week or month, or hardly ever?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2023, 09:59:15 AM »
Sounds so green..especially to those battery manufacturers...$$$$ green that is lol

You're so cynical Eagler! Are you saying the environment and the sustainment of organised human civilisation is not the focus but rather getting rich not necessarily contributing any value to said aforementioned organised human civilisation presumably to be able to afford a ticket on the intergalactic Musk Arc Rocket when it's all over?  :old:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2023, 10:05:42 AM »
You're so cynical Eagler! Are you saying the environment and the sustainment of organised human civilisation is not the focus but rather getting rich not necessarily contributing any value to said aforementioned organised human civilisation presumably to be able to afford a ticket on the intergalactic Musk Arc Rocket when it's all over?  :old:

I prefer realistic but they seem to be aligned these days

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2023, 10:07:33 AM »
I don't know a single person who got onto hard drugs that didn't drink water at some point in their life.
I think that proves water is the gateway drug. Because correlation is causation, right?

Really, if people were honest they would admit that beer is almost always the first intoxicant that most everyone is exposed too.  Yet that is never considered as a gateway.

But prohibitionists are rarely interested in being honest.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2023, 10:14:29 AM »
I prefer realistic but they seem to be aligned these days

In retrospect perhaps Oppenheimer had a point but as Marty McFly said: "I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet"  :rofl
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2023, 11:00:13 AM »
I don't know a single person who got onto hard drugs that didn't drink water at some point in their life.
I think that proves water is the gateway drug. Because correlation is causation, right?

Really, if people were honest they would admit that beer is almost always the first intoxicant that most everyone is exposed too.  Yet that is never considered as a gateway.

But prohibitionists are rarely interested in being honest.

Prohibitionists 🤣

You and your labels, it must be tiresome.

I don’t care one way or the other what you put in your body.

What ppl? Your anecdotal experience is beer…hypocrite

Your Mar-a-largo thread seems pretty hilarious while we’re all laughing about.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2023, 11:06:02 AM »

What ppl? Your anecdotal experience is beer…hypocrite

Compared to your anecdotes?

A prohibitionist's anecdotes are science.  Anyone's else's is hypocrisy.  Got it.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 01:09:24 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2023, 11:23:11 AM »
I think alcohol makes you far more susceptible to trying hard drugs because it takes away your "care factor" much more than thc does. I think it's mostly the stigma that it's illegal that might get them to think its okay to try other illegal drugs in the "well weed wasn't so bad so these probably aren't either". That being said, far more domestic violence incidents and alcoholic diseases are prevalent with alcohol compared to thc. I'm not saying alcohol should be illegal, just that it's actually much worse than thc there is just a strange stigma behind Thc due to propaganda for some reason or another that gives people a false perception.

I remember some dreams. Just depends on how profound they are.

Like Eagler said though. I also agree that many drugs arent used improperly by humans. Things like DMT and Mushrooms can go a long way to solving mental health issues if administered in the right settings over watched by doctors. It would be cool if there was a place ordinary people could go to for that. Some are just too deadly and need to be ended thru military force to stop from literally decaying our citizens from the inside.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2023, 11:41:22 AM »
I think alcohol makes you far more susceptible to trying hard drugs because it takes away your "care factor" much more than thc does.

Alcohol (i.e. beer) is obviously the most common intoxicant that most people are exposed to first. The first thing that makes them think, "this is great.  I wonder what else can make me feel this good."

If cannabis has any role as a gateway, it is because of prohibition itself.  If you go to a pusher for your weed, he is almost assuredly going to try and upsell to harder drugs at some point because  cannabis has a low profit margin because of its low price and bulk vs cost of production and transport.  Coke and other harder drugs are much more profitable per kilo. 

A pusher will not hesitate to sell to a minor.  A dispensary owner who had spent tens of thousands on his shop, and thousands more on licensing, and is making great revenue, is not likely to risk all that investment on selling to a minor.  There are plenty of adults to sell to and profit to make.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 01:11:49 PM by CptTrips »

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2023, 11:52:05 AM »
Battery life is an issue all to itself

Different chargers and charging techniques affect it

Battery composition and quality affect it

What is the motivation to make long lasting batteries?

None I say as we just toss the old ones into the nearest landfill while waiting for Amazon to deliver its replacement to our front door..

Sounds so green..especially to those battery manufacturers...$$$$ green that is lol

Eagler

Hiya Eagler <S>

You will not find Electric car batteries at the local land fill because they are way to valuable. If someone did dump one, you would see workers fighting over the battery cells. The minerals used are expensive and can be recovered. You may find lots of alkaline batteries and old lead acid batteries but not electric car battery cells. Companies like Tesla, BYD, and CATL have methods to recover spent batteries because the minerals present are easier to recover than mining the minerals from scratch. Many older Teslas have between 300,000 and 500,000 miles on their original battery packs. If owners follow the charging instructions they will see their battery packs last for a very long time. A lot of FUD is created because Tesla does not spend a penny on advertising. Legacy car makers spend billions every year. When you read an article check the source carefully.

There are not many battery companies making batteries for EV’s at the moment but we will see new companies emerge in the near future to get in on this lucrative market. The resistance to build battery factories will be the demise of GM, Toyota, and Ford. There is a learning curve to mass producing battery cells and these three companies may have missed their window of opportunity.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2023, 12:18:50 PM »
Want a small example of the mind-boggling hypocrisy of the prohibitionist argument in regards to the harm reduction excuse for our cannabis laws?  Just look at the relative LD-50 of various things we have legal access to in comparison to cannabis.

LD-50 is the amount of a substance relative to a normal dose that a testing cohort would have to consume for 50% of them to die.  It is a measure of risk.  For instance say I have a substance called Foo Juice.  Say a normal dose is 1g\hr.  Lets say the LD-50 is 1.2g\hr.  That is a very dangerous substance. It wouldn’t take exceeding the normal dose by much  to hit a lethal dose.  That’s how fentanyl kills so many. 

“At present it is estimated that marijuana’s LD-50 is around1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.

https://www.drugpolicyfacts.org/node/1469

Compare that to alcohol:

“ For a 130 lb. man or woman drinking very quickly, it would only require about 10-14 drinks in an hour to reach the lethal level.”

A “drink” is a shot or 12oz beer.  Excessive, but doable at a frat party beer bonging.

https://www.chem.fsu.edu/chemlab/chm1020lmanual/exp20/module20alcohol.htm#:~:text=The%20%22lethal%20dose%22%20(LD)%20of%20alcohol%20is%20clinically,40%25.

Or maybe just 6 liters of water:

https://www.compoundchem.com/2014/07/27/lethaldoses/

Or maybe tobacco:

“More than 480,000 deaths annually (including deaths from secondhand smoke)”
https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/tobacco_related_mortality/index.htm#:~:text=Cigarettes%20and%20Death,-Cigarette%20smoking%20causes&text=More%20than%20480%2C000%20deaths%20annually,including%20deaths%20from%20secondhand%20smoke)

Yet I can get beer and cigarettes at any local grocery store, and water out of my tap.

All that ignores the point that as an adult it is my business to decided the risks I take and what I consume.  I don't assign any one else authority to dictate that to me.  If you do then you have no excuse to not accept that principle when they outlaw  cheeseburgers, pizza, sky diving, motorcycles.  All it takes is a nanny-prohibitionist to say they need to make those illegal because they know what's best for you.

(Next the prohibitionist will try and bring up driving while impaired.  We already have laws for that.  I accept not driving while impaired because that would effect other peoples safety without them making the choice.  You are currently not allowed to drive impaired.  That covers not only cannabis, but alcohol, cough medicine, anti-depressants or even lack of sleep.  It is illegal to drive while impaired by anything.  No separate laws are needed for cannabis.)

« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 12:41:58 PM by CptTrips »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2023, 01:16:39 PM »
Can they accurately test for thc while driving?

It stays in your body for a very long time - took me just about 4 weeks once to pass a test for a contracting gig around 5 years ago..

Thanks for the battery info Mano..

I just know everything that runs on batteries takes an expensive dump sooner than later from my phone to my dewalt drills...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2023, 01:37:06 PM »
Can they accurately test for thc while driving?

It stays in your body for a very long time - took me just about 4 weeks once to pass a test for a contracting gig around 5 years ago..

They were working on a breathalyzer at one point. 

But they don't have breathalyzers for cough medicine, fentanyl, cocaine, valium, anti-depressants, lack of sleep, or anything else.  All of which can illegally impair your driving.

How you would handle it is a road-side motor skills sobriety test.  If you pass the test, then obviously you are not impaired enough to be a risk.  If you fail the test but don't blow an alcohol level, you can still be arrested and take to the station for a blood draw. 

Active THC would be present in the blood sample.  What they look for in an employment test also included cannabis metabolites.  The left over traces of having metabolized THC in the past.  Those can remain detectable in urine for two weeks to a month depending on many factors including body fat%, and level of use.  If they take a hair sample, they can detect stuff 6 months old trapped in the growth segments of the hair follicle (like tree rings).  Looking for metabolites is not valid because it might have been weeks since you last smoked and in no way proves you were driving impaired at the time.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2023, 07:54:28 PM »

opp bad edit

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2023, 09:01:44 AM »
I caught up on Ziehan after watching some clips on JR (I don't watch or listen to Rogan)

He's got several videos of him speaking at conferences and such. Smart dude. Glad he's so optimistic but I don't see us getting off that easy.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!