Author Topic: July 16, 2013  (Read 948 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: July 16, 2013
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2023, 12:52:05 PM »
Online Play      ->Online Arenas
      ->Acount Administration
      ->Log Out

-Offline Play   ->Offline Missions
            ->Move Training Test into this section
      ->Offline Practice
      ->Choose Terrain

-Settings    ->Graphics Detail
            ->Video Settings into this section
      ->Controls
      ->Preferences

-Quit

Suddenly a new player is given only FOUR

My eyes still see twelve options.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2023, 01:02:33 PM »

-Online Play     

-Offline Play 

-Settings   

-Quit

Those are your four options, the arrows indicate what's behind those links.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2023, 01:02:57 PM »
07 to 09 was an absolute riot. 

Offline Fenin

• Zinc Member
      • Instant Rimshot sound effect, play it after every post I make
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2023, 02:18:39 PM »
Online Play      ->Online Arenas
      ->Acount Administration
      ->Log Out

-Offline Play   ->Offline Missions
            ->Move Training Test into this section
      ->Offline Practice
      ->Choose Terrain

-Settings    ->Graphics Detail
            ->Video Settings into this section
      ->Controls
      ->Preferences

-Quit

What Whiteman said is correct, but for the sake of sanity I'll include a photo. :)  I also missed an option, Release notes!  Which I've placed (for now) into Online play, it could easily have its own option as well, but if so it needs to be above Online Play on the main left hand side.  That way players can quick reference it.

The option on the left in green is the 'selected submenu', with its contents spilled to the right side of the kneeboard in yellow.  Obviously they could be any color at all, but I would suggest making them something other than the base color, as it helps differentiate between the 'sides' of the kneeboard and how its flow could work.  Also, I've centered them up but again.  That's just me being me, they could easily be left pressed to the left side.  My reasoning is the object is a 3d item that can be viewed in VR, and while I very seriously doubt its ever happened I can't help but wonder if its possible to move your head in funny ways (or place it somewhere funky) that would cause the left side offset to be unreadable.

Edit: Another very clever thing to add to the Online play area would be a link to this BBS.  Just food for thought.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 02:22:14 PM by Fenin »
hmu on Discord at Fenny - Feebulous#8008, or don't.  Idc

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2023, 06:28:10 PM »
Probably got tired of the Yak3s and spit16s up their prettythang every time they spent 15 minutes climbing to a base. Those 2 issues a alone have driven away most of the fighter base which is what made up most of the #s. #s are hanging in there. I was NOT very happy with bowlMA, CraterMA, and Buzzsaw taking over all of Xmas and New Years break. It's all about the maps now and the action they can sustain in the off hours that's going to bring more back.

The mismanagement of this game is extremely unfortunate.  Hope HT finds the right buyer for it... for our sake. Doubt it.

After this last push I made I just don't care anymore  :salute

I'll cherish what we had when we don't have it and keep tearing it up with 200 tuned off until that sad day comes when we can't log in :bolt:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 06:31:18 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster