Author Topic: The Great Unwinding  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: The Great Unwinding
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2023, 08:39:48 AM »
Correct but you don't spend more than you make or in the case of the government..steal

That is how I was raised...

This like most manipulations these days do affect the joke called a stock market these days

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2023, 08:43:05 AM »
Correct but you don't spend more than you make or in the case of the government..steal

That is how I was raised...

Correct.  But if you did, you man up and pay the bill when it arrives.

Failing to pass the debt limit is like deciding to get your budget in order by refusing to pay the credit card bill when it arrives in the mail.  You keep the stuff you bought  but come of with a justification on why you shouldn't have to pay the bill. 

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2023, 08:49:51 AM »
I agree if you spent it you have to pay the bill..

The argument we see today is the same one they always have ...and they always raise it..theater like most of the dc noise

So some of us see it as what it is..a distraction from real issues

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2023, 09:12:15 AM »
I agree if you spent it you have to pay the bill..

The argument we see today is the same one they always have ...and they always raise it..theater like most of the dc noise

They always raise it because they have to pay for what they already bought.  The law itself is stupid and should be removed.  Or rename it to the "should I free-load and refuse to pay my bills law".  That is the wrong end of the process to try and get spending under control.

Last time they did this stupid kabuki dance I knew a guy that almost lost his company.  He had a contracting company doing very specialized work for the gov.  He did the work.  He absorbed the costs.  He paid his employees.  And then couldn't get the gov to pay it's bill on time because retards wanted to put on a show in Congress.  He was having to sell stuff to make house payments.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 10:26:28 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2023, 11:07:32 AM »

Great interview.  Ted Oakley is one of my faves.  He is a f'in Chad!

« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 11:11:59 AM by CptTrips »

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2023, 04:46:33 PM »
My experience with Adam Taggert is that he is a shill getting a kick back from pretty much all his guests.  Over the years I have been continually unimpressed with his product.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2023, 04:48:29 PM »
My experience with Adam Taggert is that he is a shill getting a kick back from pretty much all his guests.  Over the years I have been continually unimpressed with his product.

Do you have any evidence of that?

Are you referring to the New Harbor guys?  They have a close marketing relationship and they are seldom the main guests.  They are basically an investment firm that shares his macro views so it is one he is willing to recommend to his audience.  They are almost co-hosts.

So do you have any proof Ted Oakley, or Ray Dalio, or Peter Bockvar have paid him kickbacks?

« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 04:54:50 PM by CptTrips »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2023, 05:55:01 PM »

And then you have the redoubtable Mr. Steven Van Metre.  ;)

He's a goof but I watch him anyway.  He is mostly harmless.

Man, housing is such a BIG chunk of the economy.  If that craters.... :eek:

I think we are soon to see the downside of an Everything Bubble.  The Everything Crash.

And not to forget Charlie.  He is just too humerous to ignore:

Uhhh oh.  We finally broke Jeremy.  LoL. The ultimate buy-the-dip bro, to-the-moon! now short.  This is going to be so fun.  Welcome to the Dark Side. 

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2023, 07:44:32 AM »
Will they let it fall?

Can't see how with morons pushing through another $$1.7 trillion package before they lost total control..

It's all theater imo...like fake wrestling...not real but the morons in the crowd still purchased their tickets to believe it is..

Like the debt ceiling noise...all stupid theater as they always raise it in the end and then spend even more $$$$ the next time...all theater

Eagler

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2023, 09:16:59 AM »
Do you have any evidence of that?

Are you referring to the New Harbor guys?  They have a close marketing relationship and they are seldom the main guests.  They are basically an investment firm that shares his macro views so it is one he is willing to recommend to his audience.  They are almost co-hosts.

So do you have any proof Ted Oakley, or Ray Dalio, or Peter Bockvar have paid him kickbacks?

Having watched his videos over time his approach seems to consistently be a soft sell for whoever he is interviewing.  I simply get s sleazy feeling out of him after watching his stuff over the years.  You are welcome to your opinions.  I'm simply sharing mine as someone who watches a ton of financial videos.   

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2023, 09:25:10 AM »
Having watched his videos over time his approach seems to consistently be a soft sell for whoever he is interviewing.  I simply get s sleazy feeling out of him after watching his stuff over the years.  You are welcome to your opinions.  I'm simply sharing mine as someone who watches a ton of financial videos.

He is just being courteous.  His style is to have guests on with opposing philosophies and letting them state their thesis and letting the viewers decide.  He is not trying to argue anyone out of their positions.

I assure you his position is completely opposite of a guest like Tom Lee.  But he'll let him have his say and state his view.  He is not trying to beat him in a argument but just to clarify and ambiguous point so his viewers have a clear picture to decide for themselves.

Saying you don't like that style is an opinion.  Claiming he is corrupt and taking kickbacks sounds more of a statement of fact that I thought you would have evidence for.

But you do you.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2023, 09:42:29 AM »

Saying you don't like that style is an opinion.  Claiming he is corrupt and taking kickbacks sounds more of a statement of fact that I thought you would have evidence for.

But you do you.

I got that impression from his style and what others have said about him.  I don't have concrete evidence of it.  Like I explained, I watch a lot of videos and the type of people you seem to like are not the ones that appeal to me when it comes to making financial decisions.  For me such decisions matter as they are my primary source of income.  My goal is to consistently outperform the market at less risk and I do it well enough to do well.  Your processes are your choices.  Give weight to who ever you wish.   

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2023, 09:45:55 AM »
I don't have concrete evidence of it.

Alrighty then.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2023, 01:55:01 PM »

Oooofff.  Good thing Housing isn't a massive part of our economy.   ;)

Hope no one here is in construction.   :eek:  Or mortgage industry.  Or lumber. or real-estate agents.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2023, 03:12:39 PM »
Kinda feel for those that purchased homes last year when prices were peaking..

Have to wonder how many will bail when they go severely underwater

Eagler