Author Topic: Yet Another Convergence Post  (Read 1918 times)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Yet Another Convergence Post
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2023, 11:04:42 AM »
I can't hit a damned thing so it makes no difference.  :old:

Yes you are definitely below average. Have you tried the tings I suggested above? It helped me a lot, I went from under a 2 percent kills hit percentage to being able to keep it near 5%

If you want Ill look at a couple of your films and try to figure it out with you. let me know.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2023, 12:09:42 PM »
Yes you are definitely below average. Have you tried the tings I suggested above? It helped me a lot, I went from under a 2 percent kills hit percentage to being able to keep it near 5%

If you want Ill look at a couple of your films and try to figure it out with you. let me know.

My hit % suffered when AH3 came along. Hit sprites and ammo trails were changed up a bit; just enough to defeat accuracy for an old guy with bad eyes. I don't normally film much but I'll give your suggestions a try and start filming. I have knee joint replacement surgery coming up next week so it may be a bit before I get back to you.

Oh...my use of rudder peds is sporadic due to my bad knees (both bone on bone) so I'm missing that element as well.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2023, 05:40:53 PM »
no problem, Good luck with the operation.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2023, 04:19:35 AM »
I can't hit a damned thing so it makes no difference.  :old:

Get rid of thinking  :old:
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2023, 03:00:48 AM »
I was searching through bbs (could be easier ahem) and found some good stuff on a couple planes but wanted to get a recent synopsis. I have been playing long enough (decades) to be a purty good flyer and a constant annoyance on your six but lucky for you I shoot for sheeeeet. So seeing as I shoot like Mr. Magoo I was hoping to get a few specific convergence settings from the masters.  :old:

If in a fighter I spend most of my time in attack but am always trying to improve as a fighter pilot. Here is what I fly mostly and your preferred convergence for them in fighter mode is appreciated. Especially if you stagger and why or why not too. :airplane:

FW-190A8 (30’s if I’m porking, 20’s if I’m a fighter)
P-47N,M,D
P-51D eny dependent
Bf-110G
Typhoon

Planes I am starting to dabble in…
BF-109G (usually get whacked by one of these and want to know why?)
TA-152
NIK
F4U’s
F6-F

On a side note and realizing all of this is personal preference… what angle/distance do you have your rudder pedals from your chair?
One thing I didnt see, as for suggestions....GUNSIGHTS!!!!  I have the SAME in almost all my planes. With My both of my goto choices...only 2 planes I can remember off hand, have odd behavior with my CHOSENS?  BF-110 and N1K2. The difference is more noticeable in Rocket and Bomb release points.  Yes...the ballistics of the Cannon feel off as well...a given for .30mm and especially the N1K2's .20mms. Just something to consider :aok
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 03:06:54 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2023, 09:57:04 AM »
Yes that is a good point. Now I want to know all about everyone’s gunsights.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2023, 10:21:08 AM »
I use a simple dot o' death - less clutter for me.

I also noticed the other day you were trying to take out a VH from a fast low angle (and didn't.)  I notice you're new to AH? (welcome) If you struggle with dive bombing and want some pointers about it or flying in general, you're welcome to tag along or join my plane for a few sorties.   Most American rides can take out VH, radar and ammo bunkers (2x) with a full loadout.

Yes that is a good point. Now I want to know all about everyone’s gunsights.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2023, 05:54:20 PM »
I use a simple dot o' death - less clutter for me.

I also noticed the other day you were trying to take out a VH from a fast low angle (and didn't.)  I notice you're new to AH? (welcome) If you struggle with dive bombing and want some pointers about it or flying in general, you're welcome to tag along or join my plane for a few sorties.   Most American rides can take out VH, radar and ammo bunkers (2x) with a full loadout.

Thanks definitely not new. I must have just missed. Porking bases in 190’s and vhs/barracks with 110’s or 47s is my fave thing to do. Recently I have been zooming 110s to bases to take out barracks for stopping my base takes.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2023, 11:45:25 PM »

Thanks definitely not new. I must have just missed. Porking bases in 190’s and vhs/barracks with 110’s or 47s is my fave thing to do. Recently I have been zooming 110s to bases to take out barracks for stopping my base takes.

Good reason to take out the Troops Strat when your there doing a strat run. :devil
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2023, 08:32:09 AM »
Good reason to take out the Troops Strat when your there doing a strat run. :devil

When the map allows a strat run I am always game.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2023, 03:49:56 AM »

Brother!!! I am on same "Wave Link"!!!   Bishop wont pork....Ord Strat Hit.....DE-ACK, NOPE Furball!   You are constantly 'Porking our-MINE, Ammo Bunkers!!! LOL   Sure, it takes you a 'return trip', from time to time..., but you are Relentless :rock      More than willing to show you how I do things, Hangers,Tanks,Jeeps, Panzers or T-34s :aok Or atleast boost your Muscle Memories, coming back?  HECK!? You might be able to show me, something I dont know?  I missed out on the "Good OL'e Days"...so I am a Sponge...soaking up any information from returning OGs. NOT ADVERSE in changing Countries, to get er done :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 04:15:47 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2023, 09:07:38 AM »
Brother!!! I am on same "Wave Link"!!!   Bishop wont pork....Ord Strat Hit.....DE-ACK, NOPE Furball!   You are constantly 'Porking our-MINE, Ammo Bunkers!!! LOL   Sure, it takes you a 'return trip', from time to time..., but you are Relentless :rock      More than willing to show you how I do things, Hangers,Tanks,Jeeps, Panzers or T-34s :aok Or atleast boost your Muscle Memories, coming back?  HECK!? You might be able to show me, something I dont know?  I missed out on the "Good OL'e Days"...so I am a Sponge...soaking up any information from returning OGs. NOT ADVERSE in changing Countries, to get er done :cheers:

Ha it’s nice to be recognized!  :salute

Last night I took a 110 three sectors at 30ft to take out vh82. Snuck by a cv and two circling planes lol! I bet I took out 15 vh’s last night. It was a rare midweek good night in the MA. Come on over to the rooks and join the party!

I use a simple dot o' death - less clutter for me

I’ve seen this one in pics where can I get it or what plane has it to borrow from?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 09:12:27 AM by Dadtallica »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2023, 06:32:43 AM »

Ha it’s nice to be recognized!  :salute

Last night I took a 110 three sectors at 30ft to take out vh82. Snuck by a cv and two circling planes lol! I bet I took out 15 vh’s last night. It was a rare midweek good night in the MA. Come on over to the rooks and join the party!

I’ve seen this one in pics where can I get it or what plane has it to borrow from?
Come over to rooks?  Afraid DLO52 and Hlywd would.....hate on you, for being the catalyst LOL  I have been threatening to Cross Over for a while? I might just do it?  Love those fellers!!!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2023, 05:48:38 AM »
Come over to rooks?  Afraid DLO52 and Hlywd would.....hate on you, for being the catalyst LOL  I have been threatening to Cross Over for a while? I might just do it?  Love those fellers!!!
:rock Hit me up!  More than willing to show you my Technique..Dive Bombing..as that is the ONLY thing I don't fear from you?!  You are a great fight, most times. "He is HEAVY, for VH!"   
   "He won't get another pass...Yadda Yadda..", wtg BW1stpar  WTF???? "That is Dadtallica? toejamE..he is coming along niceley!"    MOST BISHOP in area...GD right...   I have VR...its a Force Multiplier :bolt:

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2023, 02:51:04 PM »
Umm I think thanks!  :grin:

My dives are successful much more than they are not. If it’s a field full of people I try to make the jug as small as possible to get it all in. Lately I’ve been trying to find more fun and creative ways to take them out in smaller planes. I can do it with a 190A8 but it’s a few passes sometimes. Lately I’ve been sneaking 110’s to mess up the place lol.

I’m debating the vr myself.

See ya out there!  :salute :airplane:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 02:55:01 PM by Dadtallica »