Author Topic: Saitek X45 setup  (Read 249 times)

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
Saitek X45 setup
« on: January 26, 2023, 04:24:39 AM »
Morning/afternoon/evening,  :salute

Anyone have deadzone settings for this setup? purchased used, throttle hotas is perfect, stick is uncentered and a bit sloppy but doable. Learning to aim with this setup is so more challenging than my older Saitek ST290 pro from years past.

Thanks all
 :cheers:

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Saitek X45 setup
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 08:54:21 AM »
The deadzone settings are individual for each stick. Simply go to Clipboard>Controls>Map Controllers, choose your stick from the drop down menu and calibrate it properly. Then check the Advanced box.

You should now see two green lines on the Right side of the Advanced screen. The lines should be aligned and steady. If the left line wiggles, apply Dead Band in baby steps until steady.

If you find that the stick is very sensitive for any vibration, like when you're typing or moving the mouse without touching the stick, apply some Damping until the lines don't move when you breathe.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Saitek X45 setup
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 11:30:53 AM »
If your stick has a sloppy center you can trim the nose down and hold the stick back to take the slop out for more precise control.