Author Topic: After 14 years away, a bit impressed  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: After 14 years away, a bit impressed
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2023, 03:40:36 PM »

I think it was Trip who hosted Bigweek after AW died.  A few years ago he lost the ability to continue doing so.  The Bigweek crowd moved to Facebook, but I've lost track of them because I don't do Facebook.

I think you may be right.

- oldman
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2023, 03:47:30 PM »
If you didn't pay 6 bucks an hour on GEnie or more on Compuserve to fly the unfriendly skies of Air Warrior you will always be a noob.
[/quot.

I was prolly considered new, I waited until AOL hosted it. The PC I had before that def would not haul AW in any playable enjoyment.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2023, 10:27:51 PM »
Hey, welcome back.  :aok

Please do come join us in the Battle for Paris scenario, Saturdays in February.  Special events 2 arena, show up time is 7 pm Eastern.

Working to keep the ol' DoK scenarios going.  :aok

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2023, 04:36:21 PM »
Glad to see you back Animal, Let me know if you need any data.  I called your old number from the 90s when I saw you on but you had gotten a new number..

Cheers buddy,    One-eye
My # has prolly changed 5 times since then.
Ya let me know what ya got. Ya know me, I like to tinker. I don't know if they have PM here, if not, catch me on FB under Jon Cearing, you can IM me there, OR I'll give you my email.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2023, 04:37:43 PM »
Hey, welcome back.  :aok

Please do come join us in the Battle for Paris scenario, Saturdays in February.  Special events 2 arena, show up time is 7 pm Eastern.

Working to keep the ol' DoK scenarios going.  :aok

Remember you well Brooke, glad you're still with us. I'm not sure I'm ready for prime time yet, but I will be joining you asap. :) <S>
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2023, 05:46:17 PM »
Remember you well Brooke, glad you're still with us. I'm not sure I'm ready for prime time yet, but I will be joining you asap. :) <S>

I remember you well, my friend!

Come join us in bombers!  I guarantee you will fit right in with us, no matter how rusty.  :aok  I'd love to have you fly with us.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2023, 04:16:12 AM »
Brother...You are just fine! I never knew you "In the good ole days"!   I do however know you since your return, and you are in FINE SHAPE and it came back QUICKLY!  Went from, "Muppets need a new drummer...." to "Who TF is that Pony Driver?"   in a matter of like 2 weeks or so? :rofl  Sorry Brooke...this feller is more a P38 guy!  Would love to have you in the Scenario, Animl.  :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2023, 04:40:51 PM »
Brother...You are just fine! I never knew you "In the good ole days"!   I do however know you since your return, and you are in FINE SHAPE and it came back QUICKLY!  Went from, "Muppets need a new drummer...." to "Who TF is that Pony Driver?"   in a matter of like 2 weeks or so? :rofl  Sorry Brooke...this feller is more a P38 guy!  Would love to have you in the Scenario, Animl.  :aok

I appreciate the compliments and invites, but right now, with my crazy not normal work schedule, it can be difficult to make some commitments. It would prolly be more of a Walk-On thing. I am certainly interested and I'm sure I'll make a few of them. Retirement is not far away, at which point I'd prolly become a pest. :)
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2023, 05:21:21 AM »
I appreciate the compliments and invites, but right now, with my crazy not normal work schedule, it can be difficult to make some commitments. It would prolly be more of a Walk-On thing. I am certainly interested and I'm sure I'll make a few of them. Retirement is not far away, at which point I'd prolly become a pest. :)
It IS WALK-ON FRIENDLY    for Allies Rides  :rofl  Brooke got my back...resist the Dark Sd IYKWM :rofl :devil    ANIML=Electric/Internet/AH Mayhem.....its a given Sir!!!!!  Manamana  :banana:   I'll fly with you anytime,Sir!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 05:24:06 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2023, 05:01:57 PM »
Been nice running into you the past few days <S>
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2023, 01:56:42 PM »
Great to see you back Animl and also great to see many other old names... :salute to some of my ex squaddies. I'm coming back soon after two long layoffs...maybe tomorrow if I can get off my butt and get hooked up. Lookinf forward to seeing you all!    :salute :cheers:

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2023, 06:45:03 PM »
Great to see you back Animl and also great to see many other old names... :salute to some of my ex squaddies. I'm coming back soon after two long layoffs...maybe tomorrow if I can get off my butt and get hooked up. Lookinf forward to seeing you all!    :salute :cheers:

Right On  :rock  :old:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2023, 08:25:14 AM »
Hey animal, welcome back. Monday night madness monday nights at 8pm EST in the SEA2. good for training, no stress, all fun. fights are quick and low. fly between skyscrapers, in the fog and through HEAVY ack. give it a try on monday nights. you'll have a blast. you might die a lot, but then again we all do! check it out!