Author Topic: Spy ballons.  (Read 6329 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Spy ballons.
« on: February 03, 2023, 09:53:54 AM »
Seems we have a balloon hovering over central US mucking up airport flights.
Supposedly a Chinese spy gizmotch. Seems silly to let it keep doing it’s thing but what do I know.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
Re: Spy ballons.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 09:56:28 AM »

Chuikov

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 10:01:33 AM »
Gotta wonder why we don't take it out

Guess it hasn't completed its mission...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 10:13:25 AM »
Gotta wonder why we don't take it out

Guess it hasn't completed its mission...

Eagler

According to an article I read this morning they left it up because they were worried about dropping it on a populated area. Given that it is over Montana I find that to be a bit spurious. There isn't that much population to be that picky about where to drop the damn thing.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2023, 10:14:12 AM »
Our security issue is our government. I just shake my head when they require us manufacturers to jump through security hoops while they leak our secrets to our enemies.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2023, 10:32:15 AM »
Its in US airspace. Shoot it down.

But doing so will offend someone so we cant do that because of hurting their feelings..........
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 10:35:44 AM by Meatwad »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2023, 11:08:38 AM »
Its in US airspace. Shoot it down.

But doing so will offend someone so we cant do that because of hurting their feelings..........

Balloon Lives Matter!

Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2023, 11:23:15 AM »
Where's all the guys here with those powerful telescopes?
Let's see some better images than what the media is putting out.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2023, 11:30:02 AM »
News story I saw said don't be alarmed..It's not the first time this has happened and has happened under several administrations.

Spy Satellites or aircraft.. OK.  But this is the first time in my life I've ever heard of any foreign power using spy ballons on us. To brush it off like this is alarming.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2023, 04:20:00 PM »
It cant be for survielance they have lots of satellites . However it would be a great way to drop some disease or virus . I would shoot it down 200 mi offshore.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2023, 04:25:45 PM »
It cant be for survielance they have lots of satellites . However it would be a great way to drop some disease or virus . I would shoot it down 200 mi offshore.

ever heard of the kiss principle? no? look it up.

what is wrong with diplomatic mail?

zemp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2023, 05:01:47 PM »
According to an article I read this morning they left it up because they were worried about dropping it on a populated area. Given that it is over Montana I find that to be a bit spurious. There isn't that much population to be that picky about where to drop the damn thing.

1.1 million people live in Montana but I guess you don't care if the wreckage of a vehicle the size of 3 city buses were to kill one of them.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2023, 05:50:21 PM »
1.1 million people live in Montana but I guess you don't care if the wreckage of a vehicle the size of 3 city buses were to kill one of them.

+1

China is spying on you all right now, you’re holding their satellite. They don’t need balloons.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2023, 06:00:17 PM »
I for one welcome our new Chinese overlords. Brushing up on my Mandarin now.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2023, 06:37:26 PM »
Regardless of what the best way to handle the situation is, notice how the usual suspects on this board always seem to downplay anything China?
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan