Author Topic: How Many Main Arena Maps?  (Read 3909 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
How Many Main Arena Maps?
« on: February 05, 2023, 09:48:40 AM »
How many maps are in the MA rotation?

I generally play in the 8-11pm est hours so I am never sure what maps I may be missing. I purposely limit myself to those times because it is super easy to sit down to play AH and then not realize it’s six hours later lol.

I feel like I get to see them all at some point but I don’t even know. Is there a list of current MA maps? Baltic has always been my fave. I kind of like pizza so put me in that camp. Europe has been a fun change so more real life ones would be nice. Like to see a continental world atlas style map.

Wish I had time to make them. I started to fiddle with it when I first started playing but never had time to dedicate to it. Maybe when I retire I can get back into it. Some of you are super good at it!  :salute
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: How Many Main Arena Maps?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 10:20:33 AM »
We have 15 in the rotation now, this image shows thumbnails for all but the latest one, ETOMA:

CURRENT AH MAP ROTATION

0, 'sfma2016'           8, 'smpizza'
1, 'riftval'                  9, 'buzzsaw'
2, 'fjordma'           10, 'craterma'
3, 'grinder'              11, 'oceania'
4, 'baltic'               13, 'ndisles'
5, 'montis'              14, 'northco'
6, 'mindnao'           15, 'etoma'
7, 'bowlma'

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 11:21:15 AM »
Thanks for the list Oboe. Many of the maps get rolled in a day by the morning bish crew which leaves only about 4 of them that stay up most of the time and take up most of the weekends which creates slow boring fights during morning and afternoon and players who would play log off because there not enough condensed action fighting. These are the maps that should be removed and replaced with 3 new ones I've seen posted on the boards recently. Would make a world of difference for gameplay.
Yall should have seen the size of the fights on Friday night before FSO with Baltic. It made me feel like old times again. These fights can happen big times when the maps are more suited for the #s.

These maps are almost all in a row, which comes on the weekends most of the time. I for one just cannot stand this rotation. The earlier you can build #s in the afternoon, the better the fights will be going into primetime. This would build larger #s overall for the game. I for one think new players see some of these huge maps on the weekends and just don't know what to do or where to go and just log off because it doesn't look like any action is going on.

BowlMA
CraterMA
Oceana
Buzzsaw

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 12:17:38 PM »
Yes thank you oboe!

My favorites are still Baltic, NDisles, Crater and Pizza
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 12:19:56 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2023, 12:21:27 PM »
I hear there is a backlog of new ones waiting to be added or approved? Is there a set number the rotation always has or it is it whenever they are added.

Can we vote buzzsaw out?  :aok

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2023, 12:58:14 PM »
I hear there is a backlog of new ones waiting to be added or approved? Is there a set number the rotation always has or it is it whenever they are added.

Can we vote buzzsaw out?  :aok

According to Hitech there is no limit on the number of maps that can in the rotation.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2023, 02:21:52 PM »
According to Hitech there is no limit on the number of maps that can in the rotation.

Then he must have pretty strict criteria because this map set is not largely different from 10 years ago.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2023, 03:41:47 PM »
Then he must have pretty strict criteria because this map set is not largely different from 10 years ago.

He does and all maps are player made and take months of work to put together. I appreciate all the hard work they put into them..... well except buzzsaw  :neener:

You can follow the journey of the Europe map HERE. This one took 6 months from start to submission, then it had to be tested and approved by HTC.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 03:45:53 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2023, 05:56:23 PM »
I am a fan of everyone’s work (not buzzsaw :D) I know how much goes into it.

Europe still has that icon issue but I am a fan. Maybe a tad too many bases for the MA but not FSO
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 08:28:57 PM by Dadtallica »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2023, 07:40:27 PM »
I still miss AKPizza, but that map is way too big for the numbers that are left
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2023, 10:03:26 PM »
I am a fan of everyone’s work (not buzzsaw :D) I know how much goes into it.

Europe still has that icon issue but I am a fan. Maybe a tad too many bases for the MA but not FSO

I did not hear of any icon issues the last time ETOMA was up. If there are issues please post on the forum. I have cleaned up the Roads and Tracks to facilitate vehicle crossing them, but I have not sent it to Hitech yet. Waiting to see if he has the time and wants to re-compile everything.

I have submitted another map to Hitech, "3points". He is reviewing it now I assume. Also working on map #3, hope to have it done by Easter.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2023, 11:56:46 PM »
Ok maybe then you got the icon. I heard a few mentioning it maybe last weekend? If I’m wrong then yay and good work! Still too many bases lol

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2023, 12:59:41 AM »
Which was that MA map I haven't seen since AH2, it also had a tank town on an asymmetrical, large island with a lot of vehicle bases and gave rise to good fights around the coast?
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed freaks" - Zack1234

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2023, 03:05:59 AM »
I did not hear of any icon issues the last time ETOMA was up.

Nobody wants to be annoying and post the same thing over and over again. ;)
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2023, 10:25:42 AM »
Updated MA terrain thumbnails with ETOMA: