Author Topic: Ukraine War Thread  (Read 7286 times)

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Ukraine War Thread
« on: February 05, 2023, 05:46:58 PM »
I started up a Ukraine war thread at Icom if you guys want daily updates and links to stories etc.  I can't start one here because I'm sure some of you will get it locked.  Not trying to play games or any bs.  I think some of you might appreciate some of the stuff that comes up in my daily feeds.

here is the link

https://icecreamonmars.com/index.php?thread/1230-ukraine-war-thread/

Here is one post from today to give some feel of it:
none of the maps and links came through  but..

Bakhmut

The AFU repulsed attacks in the area of Blahodatne, Krasna Hora, Paraskoviivka and Bakhmut. According to UA defense analyst "CDS" The 241st Territorial Defense Brigade was moved to Blahodatne and counter attacked with success. pic.twitter.com/1zXJf1nswf

Def Mon (@DefMon3) February 5, 2023

FoN_Tr6aQAEwLBV?format=jpg&name=large

Units of 93rd Mechanized Brigade was moved to the area between Bakhmut and Siversk to stop the RU advance. Some positional battles have been going on around Mykolaivka. RuAF are trying to advance in the Vasyukivka and Rozdolivka direction without success.

CDS: "The withdrawal of the remnants of the 'Wagner' PMC detachments from under Bakhmut is underway."

CRybar states

"Bakhmut: Statements about a breakthrough in the defense of the Armed Forces of Ukraine are not true - Ukrainian formations continue to resist."
Display More

RuAF are making some progress in the NE residential areas of Bakhmut. Red dots are geolocated RU positions. Fighting is intense. pic.twitter.com/Qs8OIs1rGt

FoN_U0LacAAeupZ?format=jpg&name=large

Bakhmut S

The AFU repulsed attacks in the area of Ivanivske and Klishchiivka. Russian pizda continues to attack in the forest in the canal attempting to reach the T-0504 intersection to Chasiv Yar. pic.twitter.com/FygR1shCM6

FoN_WKcaYAAYscQ?format=jpg&name=large

Since GSUA are still reporting attacks in the area of Klishchiivka I _assume_ AFU still controls the fortified heights north of the town. I have not seen any signs of progress by RuAF south of Bakhmut the last few days.

Vuhledar

No major change now for a week. One UA telegram claims there are favorable conditions for a UA counter attack in the direction of Novodonets'ke and Novomaiors'ke. I don't think that is true. I think it's Psyops. pic.twitter.com/VDUvYQMDqK

FoN_YK9aAAcss-Z?format=jpg&name=large

The favorable conditions supposedly raised when some of the Naval infantry units withdrew due to heavy losses. We do need to keep in mind RuAF have accumulated up to 20000 troops in the area between Vuhledar and Mariupol.
Ru telegram channels are also talking about an AFU counter attack, they claim AFU have sent significant reinforcements to the area. This is however not strange considering the 20k Ru troops. I suspect the AFU potential reinforcements are intended for defense/relief.

I suspect all this talk about UA offensive is just a way for the Russians to explain losses without having done any progress. It's just how things work in Russia, you just lie to cover up other lies.

Luhansk Airport January

This is one of the targets which will become in range once Ukraine receive longer range fires like GLSDB. I counted almost 20 helicopters at this location alone. pic.twitter.com/EO4ofAFjCH

FoN_absaYAAlByx?format=jpg&name=large

FoN_brhakAYK4Oy?format=jpg&name=large

There will be little good news from the eastern frontline in the coming days.
— WarMonitor\uD83C\uDDFA\uD83C\uDDE6 (@WarMonitor3) February 5, 2023
These next months of the war as I have mentioned before will be the toughest.

Russian forces will throw everything they can into new offensives to achieve some strategic objectives.

However remember Russia are not the only ones that can launch offensives.
— WarMonitor\uD83C\uDDFA\uD83C\uDDE6 (@WarMonitor3) February 5, 2023

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Ukraine War Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 09:20:15 PM »
Gee looks lime the enemy can get updates on effectiveness.    :frown:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 11:32:06 PM »
rabbidrabbit has had this thread going for a long time.

Not exaggerating in saying that it's probably the most informative source of reporting anywhere. Better than any single news source.

And in case you don't know rabbidrabbit, he's a critical thinker and does not jump to conclusions. He's the best reporter on this war, by far.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 08:54:05 AM »
Gee looks lime the enemy can get updates on effectiveness.    :frown:

It's pretty safe to say they know where the front lines are. 

There is an interesting angle.  There are several US or Uke based map makers that update daily and one russian one.  It's interesting to see how those maps change during an attack as one can be ahead of the other in different ways.  It helps you get an understanding how each side is perceiving the attack.

I post stuff from both sides and various commentaries.  I'm doing it as a community service as it's tough to get good info on what is going on day to day, month to month.  By taking info from a number of sources you can get a pretty good feel on how it's going

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 06:20:38 PM »
It's pretty safe to say they know where the front lines are. 

There is an interesting angle.  There are several US or Uke based map makers that update daily and one russian one.  It's interesting to see how those maps change during an attack as one can be ahead of the other in different ways.  It helps you get an understanding how each side is perceiving the attack.

I post stuff from both sides and various commentaries.  I'm doing it as a community service as it's tough to get good info on what is going on day to day, month to month.  By taking info from a number of sources you can get a pretty good feel on how it's going

Just noticed I spelled LIKE / LIME   :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2023, 12:57:41 PM »
Just noticed I spelled LIKE / LIME   :rofl

Got a Lime for my Gin?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 04:15:33 PM »
Got a Lime for my Gin?

Sorry mine are all marked "FOR FROZEN MARGARITRAS ONLY"   :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2023, 07:42:25 AM »

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2023, 08:22:37 AM »
Crimea- anyone care to bet Russia is still in control of it in a year?

Sadly I think it's just a way to flush inventory while making some very rich while looking like they care what happens while they drag this out

It's the regular citizens who pay for our leaders follies ...it always has been

Waiting for peace talks to start...one day

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2023, 08:42:22 AM »
Crimea- anyone care to bet Russia is still in control of it in a year?

I couldn't care less.  As long as there are about 500,000 less military aged russians(spit)  left alive doing it.

Like Zeihan said; our strategic goal is to destroy the russian(spit) military in Ukraine with Ukrainian soldiers so we don't have to destroy them in Poland with NATO soldiers.

The war can end tomorrow.  All russia(spit) has to do is remove every soldier from every inch of Ukrainian soil.  They chose to start it.  They can choose to end it tomorrow.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2023, 10:33:03 AM »
Russia is fighting NATO now imo

Without the $$$ and weapons from NATO nations that they have received I don't believe they would still be around

Not sure of the numbers of foreign boots on the ground in Ukraine as it is not reported but there are thousands I would guess

Hoping for a peace soon that will satisfy all

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2023, 10:36:58 AM »
Hoping for a peace soon that will satisfy all

That would require every russian(spit) soldier leaving every inch of Ukrainian territory.  The russians(spit) can chose peace today if they want it.

Otherwise, it's just more "Peace in Our Time"

« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 11:00:22 AM by CptTrips »

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2023, 10:59:12 AM »
That would require every every russian(spit) soldier leaving every inch of Ukrainian territory.  The russians(spit) can chose peace today if they want it.

Otherwise, it's just more "Peace in Our Time"

(Image removed from quote.)

And if Tsar Putain (Putin in French, check w/ translator...  ;) ) wins this clash, he won't stop it there. Megalomaniac madman wants always more.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2023, 08:09:35 AM »
😳 someone doesn’t realize how lucky they are to have the ability to be a keyboard warrior and condemn soldiers of another nation for performing their job. Many are conscripted and the majority of the rest volunteered because it was better than other jobs available. Hmm the latter sound just like, ummm virtually every western nation volunteer soldier.

I suppose some think Russian soldiers should just surrender at the first opportunity and trust they won’t be executed, or rather some don’t care…I guess they’re not humans.

Boot lick slurp 😋 
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2023, 08:28:13 AM »
Hoping one day a countries citizens tell their government to go pound sand when they are told they must kill their neighbors..

But by then they are are so jazzed up with patriotic duties...they blindly march into the next endless war

Eagler