Author Topic: Aimbots!  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: Aimbots!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2023, 06:37:14 PM »
I only see a couple of those names when I play usually 8-11P est
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2023, 06:42:46 PM »
I'm always entertained (annoyed) by the whining when someone gets shot down - usually by buffs.  If you come in from the 6 and get killed it's because you are a dumb*ss.
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2023, 07:46:51 PM »
I'm always entertained (annoyed) by the whining when someone gets shot down - usually by buffs.  If you come in from the 6 and get killed it's because you are a dumb*ss.

I don’t get it, I fly straight and level and their bullets still hit me. MUST BE CHEATS!
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing machine!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2023, 08:08:38 PM »
Top 20 hit% (fighter mode) pilots in tours 275 and 276, and the number of kills made in that mode:

(Image removed from quote.)

The median hit% for all 492 pilots with at least 10 kills in fighter mode was 3.94% in tour 276.
you should do one on me

My numbers are low.  I just take a lot of shots in a tour and rack em up :aok
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2023, 08:39:54 PM »
You haven't arrived in AH until you're being accused of cheating.

I've never been good enough to be accused of cheating.  :embarrassed:
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2023, 12:58:55 AM »
Top 20 hit% (fighter mode) pilots in tours 275 and 276, and the number of kills made in that mode:

I'm personally responsible for lowering the stats on at least 3 of those players   :banana:

IMHO you harm your overall gunnery focussing too much on simple statistics. We aren't efficient machines, we're animals and animals should act in accordance with their nature. I reckon my statistics are 88% hit ratio, 33%-50% of the time  :rofl Which if you think about it is fantastic because I usually get 2-3 potential guns solutions per fight.

I'm interested in Lusche's philosophy on shooting since military service notwithstanding means he likely has not been taught to shoot  :headscratch:
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2023, 01:01:01 AM »
I'm personally responsible for lowering the stats on at least 3 of those players   :banana:

IMHO you harm your overall gunnery focussing too much on simple statistics. We aren't efficient machines, we're animals and animals should act in accordance with their nature. I reckon my statistics are 88% hit ratio, 33%-50% of the time  :rofl Which if you think about it is fantastic because I usually get 2-3 potential guns solutions per fight.

I'm interested in Lusche's philosophy on shooting since military service notwithstanding means he likely has not been taught to shoot  :headscratch:

SITCK SITRING!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing machine!

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2023, 01:47:59 AM »
Offer a shot to get a shot  :devil
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2023, 05:00:44 AM »
Don't talk bollocks Eagler it's sour grapes and spitefulness. "Nice shot" <- that's a compliment.
"Talk bollocks"?  nrshida, Brother, Eagler is 'Bad Mouthed...CHEATER' way more than even I am...and that is SPEAKING VOLUMES!  IMHO, he speaks from a Point Of Relevance. Unfortunately...these days, it IS SOMETHING akin to a Badge of "I Have Arrived"! :uhoh    I understand what you posted!  Eagler is like you and I....Not ONCE have we ever griped about "You...this...you are a THAT".  Due was acknowledged, "Awesome shot,Sir.......<S>"....ect ect.  This IS NOT the NORM these days :uhoh  Its gotten way worse since I last saw you ingame, just a few months ago. :bhead
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 05:13:45 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2023, 07:31:12 AM »
I'm interested in Lusche's philosophy on shooting

Look for the biggest target available and get as close as possible, like this one yesterday:

:D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 07:39:46 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2023, 07:35:45 AM »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2023, 08:05:57 AM »
Foodstap is the only one I'd check out on that list. However it appears most of his kills were on one player named Mattking in the lancaster (86) with a P39 and 110. Still interesting he kept it that high with A6m and Brewster among a bunch of other planes. He must have had a really high hit% not counting the other planes. Blkjak with a 60% even on one kill is pretty crazy. I recon 2 bullets were shot from the 262 and one hit where he ended up getting the kill?

In any case, this list and average hit% show that no one is using an aimbot.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2023, 08:29:46 AM »
This another one of those silly excuses folks use when they make a mistake. Own your mistakes, make corrections, and then you will get better. If not, then your suckage will continue. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2023, 09:36:26 AM »
For every 20 sucky aiming misses, I get one really nice, "wow, I even impressed myself with that shot" moment.  But in general, the way I engage - outflying, (and missing my shots until I get it) as opposed to a quick kill (which might've been a wtf kind of shot) is why I've never dealt with any accusations of cheating over my career.

In general, for air combat, it is latency, often combined with misreading perspectives, that create cries of aimbots.   

For GVers it's generally been an issue of not grasping the low fidelity tree/ground modeling works (perspectives.)
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Simon

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2023, 10:20:51 AM »
High altitude bomber hunting makes for a high hit percentage.

Chasing stick-stirring Yaks and Doras around their ack makes for the opposite.  :uhoh