Author Topic: New Camera Angles  (Read 467 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
New Camera Angles
« on: February 09, 2023, 09:40:18 AM »
I recently replied to a post here about using the Shorts/Reels/TikToks format to post short videos on AH3.

First I'd like to recognize all those film makers who continue to put out AH3 videos on Youtube!

I opened the film viewer looking at some film from FSO to see what could be done and realized we're missing something that other games have:

Dynamic camera angles that float or react to aircraft position.

Take a look at other games (not just the current sim stable, but older sim games too) and create some new views so our directors can create some great cinematic cuts to share on this new "short" format.

There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Camera Angles
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 09:50:33 AM »
It would add a lot of visual engagement to those not used to simply watching ahf files. Mr. Dolby was a master of creating camera positions and I think tracking. There is some functionality in the film viewer but it's not intuitive. Also the fixed view essentially doesn't work in the AH3 film viewer.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 10:01:32 AM »
+1

Pretty high up on the list of things necessary to revitalize AH - compelling cinematics on YouTube would go a long way to increase subscriptions I think, by creating interest in people who are already pre-disposed to be a good match for this sim...

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 10:22:37 AM »
A tracking view which track/follow selected aircraft from the external view of your aircraft would be another desirable camera view.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline MDStampf93

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 06:24:57 PM »
A tracking view which track/follow selected aircraft from the external view of your aircraft would be another desirable camera view.

I've had decent luck using the Chase view, then selecting Pan, then adjusting the zoom level to get a decent shot.

If you're on TikTok feel free to give me a follow @acecombatant
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54