Author Topic: just stopping by to see whats up  (Read 741 times)

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
just stopping by to see whats up
« on: February 13, 2023, 12:17:30 AM »
This is just my annual visit or so to see what is new or what has changed. Any rumors of further development if any? 2 weeks? Been very curious to see where this game ends up. The more updated graphics on birds are competitive when turned up. The damage and hit system aren't much different from WT minus the fancy hud's. Game still has potential if you ask me. Not sure if they plan on keeping this game up until cost overcomes profit or if they plan on selling to game to some young gun-ho program entrepreneur looking to make a break.  :bolt:   Played the game for years before work took me away too much to make the 15 worth it. When things mellowed out I came back to find things remained "stagnant" and so I started playing like games. So here I am checking in for the aces high IV or some major break through or news.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: just stopping by to see whats up
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 06:39:26 AM »
We got a new map based on Europe which is neat. A bunch more skins made. That's really about it as far as I can tell in terms of updates that players can see. Pretty much still the same game as its always been. It's still challenging but certainly fun when the fights get big.

They'd be better off selling the game to me as someone whose played and understood it for a long time with a business background. Id love to own this game in another universe just to see. Some rando programmer entrepreneur isn't going to run the game well.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 07:35:01 AM »
What you see is you you get, and are going to get. There was recent post by the creator which pretty much indicated development is finished.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 07:41:48 AM »
What you see is you you get, and are going to get. There was recent post by the creator which pretty much indicated development is finished.

Your reference is?

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2023, 08:15:57 AM »
Your reference is?

https://www.hitechcreations.com/flight-simulators/2278-what-s-changing-with-our-combat-simulator-aces-high-in-2023

Someone pointed this out in a post about development recently. It’s a bit of an FU to the community in a way in my eyes but everyone is free to interpret on their own. I would say barring some windfall of time or money, this game is a finished product.

And one I freaking love lol!   :rock
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 09:32:39 AM »
https://www.hitechcreations.com/flight-simulators/2278-what-s-changing-with-our-combat-simulator-aces-high-in-2023

Someone pointed this out in a post about development recently. It’s a bit of an FU to the community in a way in my eyes but everyone is free to interpret on their own. I would say barring some windfall of time or money, this game is a finished product.

The way I took that is a little different.  There will be updates and improvements, but the core of the game will remain the same. (Open world WW2 sim for $14.95/month)

What those updates and game play changes will be, no idea.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2023, 09:35:50 AM »
Join us around 8pm est any night of the week for the best multiple player ww2 a2a sim going!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2023, 01:02:51 PM »
We got a new map based on Europe which is neat. A bunch more skins made. That's really about it as far as I can tell in terms of updates that players can see. Pretty much still the same game as its always been. It's still challenging but certainly fun when the fights get big.

They'd be better off selling the game to me as someone whose played and understood it for a long time with a business background. Id love to own this game in another universe just to see. Some rando programmer entrepreneur isn't going to run the game well.
I could honestly see the game open sourced. That would allow the customers who have a background in programming to create any vehicle they want and all hi-tech creations would have to do is screen it and open it for beta testing.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2023, 01:07:01 PM »
I could honestly see the game open sourced.

Why on Earth would HT do that?

Wait.  I might have misunderstood.

Did you mean open source the dev and still collect the subscription?

I still can't see any rational reason he would do that either.  If for no other reason than security.  Also I think some seat license to 3rd party software  he can't transfer.

He has open sourced, or crowd sourced the mission editor, terrain editor, skins editor, sound effects.  Or their work product that is.  That is how players contribute.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 04:02:08 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2023, 07:15:56 PM »
The way I took that is a little different.  There will be updates and improvements, but the core of the game will remain the same. (Open world WW2 sim for $14.95/month)

What those updates and game play changes will be, no idea.

Maybe I was bit harsh but all I saw was an excuse not make any. What is “core” to the game seems subject. Which as I stated… is fine with me I love the game as is worts and all.  :airplane:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 09:24:29 PM by Dadtallica »

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2023, 07:52:47 PM »
He has open sourced, or crowd sourced the mission editor, terrain editor, skins editor, sound effects.  Or their work product that is.  That is how players contribute.

Additionally, open/crowd source for strat modification and vehicle creation. In addition to making custom maps and "self testing it" in offline mode. I can see fans of the game dabbling with vehicle creation and strat modification if it's not the case already. Then being sent to hi-tech for review and then beta hopefully taking most of the work off his hands. I used to spend hours making maps for multiple games. If I knew how to start 3D vehicle models/code in this game I would certainly try. But that's also the beauty of crowd sourcing is the support behind it to help learn. A game fulfilled by its players and overseen by the owner instead of being the other way around. Of course I'm sure there are more logistics involved I don't know about. I'm just spitballing.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2023, 07:37:42 AM »

Wow! Right there before my very eyes and I didn't see it   :old: Not that the read thru was very revealing. The fact that the HTC  staff was reduced to on person, Dale a few years ago, was suggestive of the fact that no development will take place going forward. Perhaps in lieu of that fact, the price should drop down a bit...say $12.95 @ mo?  Perhaps it would bring in a few new faces in these tough economic times.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2023, 11:07:55 AM »
Wow! Right there before my very eyes and I didn't see it   :old: Not that the read thru was very revealing. The fact that the HTC  staff was reduced to on person, Dale a few years ago, was suggestive of the fact that no development will take place going forward. Perhaps in lieu of that fact, the price should drop down a bit...say $12.95 @ mo?  Perhaps it would bring in a few new faces in these tough economic times.

The servers are in a closet in his house.   :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2023, 02:09:54 AM »
 :bhead Whatever....

Did anyone else even notice the fact that in the linked post regarding Aces High and 2023, that the KOTH event looks like it is scheduled to be continued.... loved reading that part!

With that said...has anyone seen or heard from  BaldEgle anytime recently.....

We need his Tri-Annual Dueling tournament back!

We also need Sourkrat's Aces High 1 vs 1 and  2 vs 2 Dueling ladder tournament bracket back as well

I  had went and purchased the program that he used for hosting the Dueling ladder... was trying to find it to Give to Shane , but too much real life got in the way....

I was searching the worldwide spiderweb...trying to find old links to both of these tournaments that 2 of our brothers created, offered and hosted for the Aces High community....

Only found 1 link to the  BE's 11th Tri-Annual Dueling bracket tournament....that was 9 years ago last month

Bout time both events make a comeback  :old:  :rock
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2023, 02:14:26 AM »
Oh I forgot why I was originally replying to the OP's "what's up? "

Well....looks you are as well as Aces High is Still UP and running!

Why don't you resub and come get some!  Haha

:cheers:

TC

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC