Author Topic: Problem logging into the forum  (Read 523 times)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Problem logging into the forum
« on: September 21, 2023, 06:58:40 AM »
Recently I've have encountered difficulty to log into the forum. I have my login info saved so all I have to do is to click but then I get a message that I'll have to wait for 2 seconds before trying again. This time it took half a dozen attempts to get in.

I've been using the same password since day 1 here. For some reason the login info was saved three times so a while ago I deleted the two oldest ones as they all were identical and were targeted to the very same address. But that was after I started having this login issue.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Problem logging into the forum
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 11:01:49 AM »
Adding to the previous, it just said "password incorrect" but let me in on second try with just a click, using the saved password.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 01:17:51 PM »
So I started thinking that maybe the rules for passwords have changed so I added characters to make it long and complicated enough. Same thing with the new password...

Kotisivuni

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 04:42:07 PM »
Have sent Hitech an email about the issue?? Try that or a phone call.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2023, 12:44:54 AM »
No, I haven't contacted HT directly, thought posting here might reveal others suffering from the same.

Kotisivuni

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2023, 07:42:46 AM »
A minor update: Resetting the Firefox settings didn't fix the issue.

Kotisivuni

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2023, 08:51:28 AM »
A minor update: Resetting the Firefox settings didn't fix the issue.

Have you tried clearing your internet cache? Or is that what you meant by settings?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2023, 09:37:04 AM »
Have you tried clearing your internet cache? Or is that what you meant by settings?
Resetting Firefox takes care of everything, the only things it saves are bookmarks and passwords. It's a fresh start, more thorough than for example uninstalling and reinstalling.

Kotisivuni

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2023, 01:02:24 PM »
Resetting Firefox takes care of everything, the only things it saves are bookmarks and passwords. It's a fresh start, more thorough than for example uninstalling and reinstalling.

You might try though "disk cleanup" in in case there are internet files Firefox misses.

Does edge or chrome work?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2023, 02:09:19 PM »
It seems to work with other browsers... Could it be the adblocker (Ublock Origin) I'm using on Firefox? Chrome seems to have Adblock Ultimate. Have to check that but it will be a task for tomorrow.

Kotisivuni

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2023, 09:12:11 PM »
I use Firefox all the time with no issues.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2023, 09:51:19 AM »
Aaand it wasn't the adblocker

Kotisivuni

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2023, 12:06:54 PM »
I use Brave with pretty stiff filters and adblock settings, no issues. Had similar problem in another forum some time ago, that was malfunctioning keyboard at that time. But this is not the case if it works with other browsers.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2023, 01:54:10 PM »
Yet one obscurity: If I try to log in with my username it'll take several attempts until my password is accepted. But using my e-mail address as username the login happens instantly! So most likely this issue has nothing to do with my computer!

Kotisivuni

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2023, 11:08:17 AM »
Yepp, after a few days and a dozen or more logins I'd consider that confirmed: Logging in with my e-mail works flawlessly, logging with my user name requires several attempts.

Kotisivuni