Author Topic: Shadows or Outlines Under Field Number Text.  (Read 358 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Shadows or Outlines Under Field Number Text.
« on: February 15, 2023, 11:13:22 AM »
I'm not sure anyone else has this issue. But it's very hard to read the field number/label against a light colored background. The field icons have a dark outline/shadow, but I think the field numbers really need the same IF possible. If there is another way to acheive this on my end please share.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Re: Shadows or Outlines Under Field Number Text.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 11:38:58 AM »
You can always mouse-over the field and see the number (and other stats).  I leave field numbers turned off to make the map less cluttered, and mouse-over when I need to know the number.  If someone reports activity at a certain field, I use the  .sf (number)   command that centers the field in the map view.

Doesn't really solve your issue, but it's another way to go.   :salute
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 12:14:13 PM »
I think you can change the colors of the field icons and labels using the preferences/GUI section of the clipboard?  You might find a darker color more readable against some map backgrounds.   I don't think there is a way to add outlines.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 05:14:14 PM »
I think you can change the colors of the field icons and labels using the preferences/GUI section of the clipboard?  You might find a darker color more readable against some map backgrounds.   I don't think there is a way to add outlines.

The thing with a out-line or shadow is, it will show up in dark or light, same as the field icons. You can change color, but that just changes the issue. I've tried that. It COULD be that doing what I'm asking might also effect opposing plane label/icon. and that would clutter the sky.