Author Topic: Saving KOTH  (Read 2033 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Saving KOTH
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2023, 10:14:21 AM »
Great point fuzeman

I think the dice roll for next aircraft sounds like a very interesting idea and am all for giving it a go

2 dice would be my choice for 12 possibilities

How many rounds does a KOTH usually go?

The aircraft could be removed from the list, insuring a different plane each round with the list resetting if the number of rounds exceed the plane count

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2023, 10:42:16 AM »
Off the top of the coconut, which just about coincides with the center of my bald spot.  :old: , I’d say between 8 to 10 rounds.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2023, 11:06:26 AM »
I think the Rolling the dice stuff possesses the ability to slow the event down.  Especially if you or whoever is busy moderating other issues or functions of the event.

How about the first one dead picks the next ride?  That easily corrects the red baron issue mentioned.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2023, 12:56:49 PM »
I think the Rolling the dice stuff possesses the ability to slow the event down.  Especially if you or whoever is busy moderating other issues or functions of the event.

How about the first one dead picks the next ride?  That easily corrects the red baron issue mentioned.

I’d dispute it would delay it more than the usual cogitation delay for winners picking next ride.
I could roll the dice 8 or 10 times before the start and have a list ready.

Next step for your idea; how do I know who died first, keeping in mind I can not watch all fights. Text buffer wont help if some people are fighting near the field.
I have a feeling sometime during the event if I ran it like that I’d have two guys claiming to be first one deceased. Your idea, put your CM shoes and tell me how you would decide?
In it’s basic form I like first one deceased gets their choice. A little plus for the uh, hmmmm who’s the opposite of the Red Baron?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2023, 01:01:17 PM »
I’d dispute it would delay it more than the usual cogitation delay for winners picking next ride.
I could roll the dice 8 or 10 times before the start and have a list ready.

Next step for your idea; how do I know who died first, keeping in mind I can not watch all fights. Text buffer wont help if some people are fighting near the field.
I have a feeling sometime during the event if I ran it like that I’d have two guys claiming to be first one deceased. Your idea, put your CM shoes and tell me how you would decide?
In it’s basic form I like first one deceased gets their choice. A little plus for the uh, hmmmm who’s the opposite of the Red Baron?

Yeah not sure how you'd verify that unless you could see the logs in real time.  I have no idea how logs work

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2023, 01:08:54 PM »
I should wait 5 minutes before I sign out.  LoL. Yea, I’ll be able to stay away for a month.
Sabres 3 Lightning 1  :aok

I’ve heard logs can be viewed real time. Selfish again, not sure how that would effect my flyability.