Author Topic: Melee Arena Fighter Performance 2022  (Read 455 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Melee Arena Fighter Performance 2022
« on: February 17, 2023, 06:13:26 PM »

(k+d) (total) is being used as a rough indicator for plane usage (#of sorties was taken out of the stats shown a long time ago). k/d however, is strictly air-to-air only.

"domination index" - of course I made up that label myself. It's kills-deaths (air-to-air), and somewhat measures the impact a plane has on the arena in terms of air combat.

"But Yaks are EVERYWHERE, it's all you can see nowadays!?!"
No, they aren't. What planes you encounter can depend on a lot on what kind of battles you are fighting. For example to me, hunting buffs at med to high altitudes or defending bases against enemy assaults, Yak-3s are relatively rare. If you are the kind of chap who likes to slug it out with your friends in the weeds just between two bases, you will certainly see much more of them.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
Re: Melee Arena Fighter Performance 2022
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 07:25:21 PM »
Such cowardice! no C202, no Stuka's... oh the humanity :cry

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 07:32:29 PM »
Such cowardice! no C202, no Stuka's... oh the humanity :cry

zoomed in view, so that you can find your C202:

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 07:46:27 PM »
Pfft' no bravoso.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 08:51:07 PM »
Interesting graph there. Perhaps this would be enough to bring the 190D eny down a notch? Wish spit16 would have a small perk too. I swear I never see that many F6Fs all those kills amaze me. You can see its hard to stay alive in though. It sorta amazes me that the P51 always gets the most kills. It also amazes me that P47D11 has one of the highest K/Ds. Obviously a few specialized players in that one. I think that group up there with the Nik, la7, yak3, and 1A should probably have a small 5 perk fee. The over abundance/usage of all these planes has created a less diverse atmosphere of fighters.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2023, 07:28:18 AM »
Interesting graph there. Perhaps this would be enough to bring the 190D eny down a notch? Wish spit16 would have a small perk too. I swear I never see that many F6Fs all those kills amaze me. You can see its hard to stay alive in though. It sorta amazes me that the P51 always gets the most kills. It also amazes me that P47D11 has one of the highest K/Ds. Obviously a few specialized players in that one. I think that group up there with the Nik, la7, yak3, and 1A should probably have a small 5 perk fee. The over abundance/usage of all these planes has created a less diverse atmosphere of fighters.

To illustrate how much impact a single top pilot can have on even a highly used plane these days:

On the small perk fee to create more diversity: I am not that sure it would work. See the 'perked' T-34/85, which utterly owns the arena in usage and success.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2023, 07:44:07 AM »
Is the 109g2 the earliest plane with the best k/d ratio?

Am I reading it right?

Thanks for charting this info

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2023, 02:44:12 PM »
Is the 109g2 the earliest plane with the best k/d ratio?

Am I reading it right?

Thanks for charting this info

Eagler

Not sure of the years but the f4u1 and P47D11 is better but the G2 has slightly more kills.

To illustrate how much impact a single top pilot can have on even a highly used plane these days:

(Image removed from quote.)

On the small perk fee to create more diversity: I am not that sure it would work. See the 'perked' T-34/85, which utterly owns the arena in usage and success.

Sorta tough to compare being that tanks and planes are so different with regards to perks and performance, I do think the T34 should be perked much higher given its tremendous over usage, that and the Wirble. Look at how much the F4u4 or F4u1c perks keeps the usage down. I think that's what we need for some of these top planes. It's simply not just noobs using them and it makes it harder for noobs to succeed when vets fly the top planes even more.

While "The Judge" does make a decent impact, it still has one of the best K/Ds per kills and its just a monster in the MA with its speed and cannons.imagine if there was 5 players like the Judge in that thing. Should be the same ENY as the La7 and this chart definitely shows it.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2023, 03:03:48 PM »
Great analysis .... I'm just happy the BREW is named ...  :D

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2023, 05:15:04 PM »