Author Topic: Actual Work Product For One Wishlist Checkmark?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Actual Work Product For One Wishlist Checkmark?
« on: February 18, 2023, 11:48:01 PM »
Preface this post by letting you all know I am the IT HelpDesk Director for a massive QSR franchisee. (1100+ sites) I understand “two weeks” lol

That said, like almost everyone, I have a wishlist. Let’s pick one item from mine… bridges! Why are they not destructible? Since they are not, what would it take in development time to make them so? I will take up a collection!

Sean Connery, Ryan O’Neal, Jimmy Caan, and others may have some thoughts!  :joystick:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 12:30:24 AM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Actual Work Product For One Wishlist Checkmark?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 06:55:12 AM »
Wish list items are moot. The game is frozen in time except for terrains. That is kept active by customers who choose to make them.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2023, 06:57:39 AM »
And skins by the community. Other then that, the game is on autopilot until kaput
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2023, 07:04:12 AM »
Why do y'all have so much negativity 🤣 😂 🤣
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 07:16:27 AM »
And skins by the community. Other then that, the game is on autopilot until kaput

My apologies to our excellent skin developers. I am embarrassed that I did not mention them.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2023, 07:22:45 AM »

What negativity? Just facts.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2023, 07:39:58 AM »
Well, as NoBaddy would always say to me, "You got to stop looking through Rose Colored Glasses, TC! " 

And that was 20 years ago 🤣 😂 🤣

I miss flying with Carlton!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2023, 07:58:21 AM »
My apologies to our excellent skin developers. I am embarrassed that I did not mention them.

We are glad to do it.   Come over to the Custom Skins section and browse what we are making.  Attaboys are our only payment but we also appreciate constructive critiques.

Cheerio.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2023, 08:02:40 AM »
Yes a huge <S> to the map makers and skinners!

We appreciate your time and efforts!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2023, 08:43:01 AM »
Despite our love for this game, it is extremely rare to find contemptment in such stagnet waters. Hence why so few play these days.

The release of new maps maybe drawing players back here and there but....

LET A MEMBER OF THIS COMMUNITY VOICE THEIR OPINION without coming back with gas lighting questions for once please :) I say this to the community and not TC <S>

*TC nothing but respect sir this isn't about you or your post*
 :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 08:48:42 AM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2023, 09:05:42 AM »
Really wasn’t concerned where it not it would happen just wanted to know what would take.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2023, 09:09:40 AM »
Bridges (and other similar objects in a terrain) can be made destructable or non-destructable by the map maker while he is building the terrain. Its been years since I used the terrain editor but IIRC it is one of the many HTC rules for MA terrains that bridges' "Object type" setting must be set to "Barrier" (i.e. non-destructable). Possibly this is to prevent score-obsessed bomber and jabo pilots milk running them all the time.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2023, 09:40:35 AM »
Bridges (and other similar objects in a terrain) can be made destructable or non-destructable by the map maker while he is building the terrain. Its been years since I used the terrain editor but IIRC it is one of the many HTC rules for MA terrains that bridges' "Object type" setting must be set to "Barrier" (i.e. non-destructable). Possibly this is to prevent score-obsessed bomber and jabo pilots milk running them all the time.

Now I want this more than ever!  If its just a rules decision by HTC possibly they would be open to changing it?  What does a destryoed bridge look like?

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2023, 10:37:28 AM »
Now I want this more than ever!  If its just a rules decision by HTC possibly they would be open to changing it?  What does a destryoed bridge look like?

Lol cool me too! So all I’m hearing is I have to bribe a mapmaker haha!
There was one base on one of the new maps that was perfect for it. I think it was new anyway. There was a long channel to the ocean with three bridges and a lake at the end. Taking out all three would have meant a super long drive around the lake for anyone trying to get to the town or base.

This would be such a cool strategy. Just make destroying them a difficult task. Now I super want it!

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2023, 12:51:11 PM »

Perhaps the answer is to generate a minimum number of bridges for a location, say 4, and allow all but one to be destroyed by bombs or HE. That would leave at least 1 bridge as a choke point.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76