Author Topic: Actual Work Product For One Wishlist Checkmark?  (Read 1046 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Re: Actual Work Product For One Wishlist Checkmark?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2023, 01:09:32 PM »
Now I want this more than ever!  If its just a rules decision by HTC possibly they would be open to changing it?  What does a destryoed bridge look like?
You and me both. Would be awesome to finally try what my great grandpa was doing in Burma against the Japs!
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2023, 01:10:22 PM »
Perhaps the answer is to generate a minimum number of bridges for a location, say 4, and allow all but one to be destroyed by bombs or HE. That would leave at least 1 bridge as a choke point.
maybe 3.... 4 is a lot of bridges to bomb  :x :rofl :aok
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2023, 01:41:34 PM »
Could we get a screenshot of what a destroyed bridge looks like?   Has a 'destroyed bridge' object ever been created?  (I assume if bridges can be set to 'destroyable' , there must be an object that replaces the intact bridge once its been destroyed - like the buildings in a town)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2023, 02:59:23 PM »
If this is something that the AH  Community really wants regarding destructible bridges,  then everyone should start a new thread in the "wish list sub-forum" and ask.HTC to put a "poll survey" asking everyone that logs on to play In every arena to answer it!

This will give Dale a real percentage of how many of the AH community that are actually logging into to play, that want destructible bridges

That is what you need to do!

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2023, 04:05:13 PM »
If this is something that the AH  Community really wants regarding destructible bridges,  then everyone should start a new thread in the "wish list sub-forum" and ask.HTC to put a "poll survey" asking everyone that logs on to play In every arena to answer it!

This will give Dale a real percentage of how many of the AH community that are actually logging into to play, that want destructible bridges

Hope this helps

TC

That is the way to do it.... if possible.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2023, 08:09:00 PM »

Hope this helps

TC
+1

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2023, 08:04:46 AM »
some of the AVA terrains have destructible bridges. the problem with destructible bridges is that it halts the action. so to have a tank fight going on by a bridge and its the only way into a base. kill the bridge, kill the action. if you're looking to blow up bridges from the air, well thats different but still stops all ground action.

part of the problem with building terrains is if the game changes, so does the terrain. we had some awesome terrains in AH2. twin rivers was a fun one, there were tons of others, many with custom airfields and custom cities. when hitech changed the game it fried the custom stuff. who wants to put in hours of work, just to have it wiped out by a game change?
the AVA team had one terrain where you spawned with a tank onto Omaha beach out of a LST. it included a custom Eiffel tower where paris would have been. that got wiped out.

skins are great, and dont seem to change with game changes. so those are all stable.

just my 2cents.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2023, 08:32:47 AM »
Stopping the action and forcing it to move on or adapt is the point for me. I made a wish lol.

I think it would a simple change that would ne a new spin the game everyone desperately wants to evolve.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!