Author Topic: The AH journey. Then and now  (Read 1113 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
The AH journey. Then and now
« on: February 21, 2023, 12:39:58 PM »
Then:

I started in WB 97 or 98 with the Easy Targets. With them I went to a the WB convention at Raleigh. 120 or so WB'ers with our computers....geeks  :aok

Later joined JG 2 with Vader and wore leather in my 190, did the S3's.

Moved to AH in 99 when AH went live. Joined the 332 Flying Mongrels

Having flown to live for so long it was a fun change to furball. Back then you were talking 15 to twenty on each side. What a blast. Flew five nights a week at 6pm western for the fights.

Every night I would find laz in his FM2 in the battle. Started flying with him and Apache.  They loved what I did so I joined the BK's.  Smoke a fat one and dive into the fur. I was living proof that you didn't have to be a great stick to be a BK. You just had to love the fur. Scores didn't matter. The fight did.. So every night it was a FM2, a Yak3 and me in a Spit 5 in the fur. GREAT TIMES.

Bult the BK website, built a wallpaper website where you could change up your wallpaper with the best found online.

Got into skinning and had a stable of P47's accepted by the game. A few months later the skinning changed and out they went...

Real life stepped in and 24 years later...

Here I am  :x

Now:

It's been a year. I have to say the game still rocks. Same moaning and crying on 200. You lost, GET OVER IT. Some times you would think I'm playing with 12 year olds..

Great sticks as always but... Drex is the man. I wish I had access to his films. His films were amazing.

What I've found out is I can't fly for score. K/D is positive but I found that flying for score I am afraid to fly. I...might...die. I have fewer hours flown and it is not fun. At all.

So...I suck, but I am going back to having fun.

Might even try the KOTH. I suck, but it would be fun.

See you up there.  Rudeboy kills me every day so I know I will be seeing him. When I do kill him, I have the band reserved and the speech is written.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
Re: The AH journey. Then and now
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 04:38:35 PM »
Was that AAapache?  I was in the Arch Angels for a spell under the name AAPhysco. Cool bunch. Did a Doolittle raid once where we landed the 24s on an carrier. Miss those days.
Back after 15 years. <S> Everyone. Cremator08@gmail.com. (Cremator in real life)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 06:51:45 PM »
See you up there.  Rudeboy kills me every day so I know I will be seeing him. When I do kill him, I have the band reserved and the speech is written.

I roped rude last week for someone else to kill him. I suspect he was sober.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 07:15:57 PM »
I roped rude last week for someone else to kill him. I suspect he was sober.

BURN 🔥
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 07:32:05 PM »
12 years later and all my flying time......i still suck! but i have a great time!! LOL!!

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 08:12:54 PM »
AGREED !!!  :aok
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 10:42:09 PM »
12 years later and all my flying time......i still suck! but i have a great time!! LOL!!

Same here Jaeger, all the way!!! :cheers:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2023, 06:13:36 AM »
 :aok
325th Checkertails

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2023, 09:57:01 AM »
  I don't have near as much time in game, but I have just as much love for it.  Real Life keeps me from being in the air more often, but I love it when I can be here.

:salute All
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2023, 01:09:42 PM »
<SNIP>
Might even try the KOTH. I suck, but it would be fun.
<SNIP>

Only time will tell if you will be able to fly in a KOTH but as a gauge or test; I offer this:

Duel me a few times and see how you do. I’m by no means a great KOTH player and didn’t earn an invitation to the TOC and I’ll let other KOTHers who have flown against me in practice give you an indication on how i rate dog fighting wise.  That said I enjoyed the event a whole lot; my opinion obviously biased.
You clean house, you’d be ok.
I clean house, it might be hard but again with numbers everyone isn’t a Red Baron.
Ends fairly even, you’d enjoy it IMO and you’d get better. I know my ‘skillz’ were much better when I regularly flew in KOTH.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2023, 07:22:18 AM »
Every one of us have pilots that kill us more than we kill them

Score is boring as you spend more time trying to avoid some otherwise very fun t&b fights while staying fast and then having to fly all the way back and land...

The lower numbers add to this boredom

I suggest you get into as many fights as possible,  shoot sooner, lead more and forget about how your kill/death and pay more attention to your hit percentage

Get your accuracy up and score will follow ... if you want it to

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2023, 09:47:39 PM »
I only kept score when I was dating.....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2023, 09:45:08 AM »
I only kept score when I was dating.....

And was that better or worse than your AH score?  :bolt:
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2023, 01:13:38 PM »
I was cleaning out some stuff and came across an old W/B roster from the late 90s. Here is a list.

REXX,HTRK,BAHN,FRDO,-USA,LJSS,5150,FRBL,NORD,EGLI,DEFT,CHAZ,NORD,YAK9,RON1,16AB,GORF,

:cheers:  :old:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 01:15:25 PM by Frodo »

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.