Author Topic: Scaling Yes or No  (Read 379 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Scaling Yes or No
« on: February 24, 2023, 02:52:59 PM »
Should I be using the advanced scaling features with my X52 and Saitek pedals. I know I had it set up when I played way back but no idea what or how I did. What is the benefit?

Are there any guides that can show me the best settings or will it come down personal preference?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Scaling Yes or No
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 02:56:41 PM »
Try the default scaling for pitch and rudder pedals. You don't need to scale roll.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 04:06:53 PM »
No scaling here...no dead zones in the middle either

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 04:50:15 PM »
It is very much a personal preference. SOme guys have a very smooth hand and dont need much if any scaling, others like me swing the stick around like a bat.  :devil

The trick is swing in on a target, and be able to hold the pipper steady on your aim point. If its bouncing around your a bit heavy on the stick and my need some damping. Dead space is used mostly to take up slack in older worn sticks. If you click the advanced button when looking at the stick axis number they should be steady. If they are bouncing around with out you touching the stick then its sloppy and you should add some dead space.

The best way is to try it out. Log on to an off line arena and roll in on the circling planes and try to hold a steady aim. Adjust as necessary and attack again. Get it to the point you can get off a good burst with out jumping all over the place. Zooming some shows the bounce better.

The smoother you can get each pass/burst the better your hits will be.