Author Topic: Unfortunately I feel flashbacks  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Unfortunately I feel flashbacks
« on: March 02, 2023, 03:44:06 PM »
Not really much to say, other then,....I've been down this depressing road before, it looks the same as the last one.

Don't feed the animals and they'll go away on their own.

If I'm wrong, it's because I see no movement, at all, I see a lot of cob webs of what once was.

I'm hanging, I'll have fun, I'll even do sounds..But, I've seen this frog fart in the water before.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Unfortunately I feel flashbacks
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 04:22:53 PM »
Not sure what to tell you Animl, cuz I'm not certain I know what you're referring to.  If its gameplay, my suggestion is to try a different mode of play - move mud or drive vehicles; fly level bombers, switch sides, etc.  Do what you can do to play differently than you have been playing.  Failing that, just take a break and play less for a while.

If this is a complaint about lack of development, or lack of communication about the game from HTC, well yes, that is a long wide road we've all been on for some time.   

Glad to have you here no matter what...

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 05:10:39 PM »
Don't feed the animals and they'll go away on their own.

My advice would be to get in to the FSO\Events if you can. 
There is still some blood flow in that extremity. 
Even if the rest has gotten a little cold and stiff.

“New Orleans is a dead museum.” - William S. Burroughs

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 05:13:21 PM »

If this is a complaint about lack of development, or lack of communication about the game from HTC, well yes, that is a long wide road we've all been on for some time.   

Glad to have you here no matter what...

Ya, I/We could talk about how wrong this is until the world goes flat. When conscience succumbs to apathy.

When a rock star turns their back on the fans, who bought their records, t-shirts and hats for years, that look of disappointment in their eyes is blinding and tear worthy. It's just wrong.

The only defense is proving me wrong. I love to be wrong.

That out of view, it's still an addicting fun game. It's still worthy of time. I'm still going to have fun and tincker with it.
There are good peeps in this well seasoned community, even if they vomit on radio now and then (guilty) :)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 05:14:44 PM »

My advice would be to get in to the FSO\Events if you can. 
There is still some blood flow in that extremity. 
Even if the rest has gotten a little cold and stiff.

To be honest, game play is not much different then my first day in AW, the faces just changed. I'm still diggin that part of the game.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 05:22:58 PM »
Happy if he just keeps what's there now going

And smaller maps/get rid of the large boring ones..to match the lower sub count

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2023, 05:53:08 PM »
monday night madness in the SEA2 is a trip on monday nights at 8pm EST.

and JG54 is always looking for new guys for FSO Friday nights at 11PM EST in the SEA1. we'd be happy to have you!

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2023, 06:25:20 PM »
Happy if he just keeps what's there now going

And smaller maps/get rid of the large boring ones..to match the lower sub count

:cheers:

Eagler

Ya, agreed, just fix the few bugs that are left.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2023, 07:04:15 PM »
For many of us we have been here right along so we have lived through the slide. To you it must be a bit more "dramatic" missing so much time since you use to play. I agree its a shame to see the advancement of the game fall off, but like you said its still a great game. I think if you dwell on what we had in the past and compare it with what we have now it can become a bit depressing.

On the other hand if you can put that out of your mind we still have a great game, with lots of options in play type/style, as well a pretty good group of players. Sure there are a few bad apples, but thats what squelch is for   :devil 

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2023, 07:25:51 PM »
For many of us we have been here right along so we have lived through the slide. To you it must be a bit more "dramatic" missing so much time since you use to play. I agree its a shame to see the advancement of the game fall off, but like you said its still a great game. I think if you dwell on what we had in the past and compare it with what we have now it can become a bit depressing.

On the other hand if you can put that out of your mind we still have a great game, with lots of options in play type/style, as well a pretty good group of players. Sure there are a few bad apples, but thats what squelch is for   :devil

Absolutely.
I stand by my point, but I agree.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2023, 11:41:13 PM »
Scenarios, my friend, scenarios.  :aok

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2023, 11:49:15 AM »
Scenarios, my friend, scenarios.  :aok

I’ve always been an arena pilot, and occasional scenario back in the day. I still like the arena stuff, if its not a pain to find a fight.

A memory just popped.

Back in AW, after being in several, I saw what a group production it was. But if you couldn’t people to help it may not happen, which was a bad thing for the game. I was already a GS by then, and designing the new damage model snd had my hands in the settings.

Once I saw how scenarios were pulled of as a group, I decided to design a way one person could run one. EVERYONE said I was nuts and delusional. “How dare someone think they could do it alone !” Kelly Myer said do it anyway. MOST SAID i made it too Turn-key, too many scenarios, too many failures. I did crash the scenario area many times figuring it out. Ha!

It was a Bob scenario, I also put in my new damage model, first  time in the masses, now twice the pressure. Well, I pulled it off, a few glitches, didn’t go great, didn’t go bad. A lot were shocked, and liked the new damage model. It proved a few tweaks and 1-2 peeps could do it. It was draining though where setting scrips had to be load at the exact right time.

Scenarios became more common and the damage model got put in the main arena.

Hindsight, man, I really over-heated my brain in that period of time. It was like some form of self abuse. LOL!

In the day, …”arenas were just practice for scenarios.”

It wasn’t long after we got the Millennium update that it was the last one. Then the “suits” decided to sell to EA.com. We went with out of self mutilation and as predicted they flushed all our work down the toilet.

Came to AH and realized, even tho this staff was from War Birds , it evolved into AW on steroids with the graphics.

Left to raise a family, work tripled, came back years later a few times someone stole my name, came back, got my name back, and thats that.

I’m just now coming back up to par in flying to actually start landing kills.

It feels like deja vu in the gut with little to no presence. I hope I’m wrong.

I hope he lets it run long enough so we can do something with it, maybe even draw new players. They gave us the tools to do so. Its a good product, couple fixes and let run.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2023, 09:01:03 PM »
Switching from looking for fights and winning the war is my answer. All I do is try to move mud so I always find action. If you want some bomber training let me know.
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2023, 10:13:59 PM »
Switching from looking for fights and winning the war is my answer. All I do is try to move mud so I always find action. If you want some bomber training let me know.

Well thanks. Not sure how deep I want to get,.... this guy is tending to zero, because their isn't any crew, and apathy has grown roots.
I learned my lesson well last time. I'm staying shallow for now.

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2023, 10:54:33 PM »
Well thanks. Not sure how deep I want to get,.... this guy is tending to zero, because their isn't any crew, and apathy has grown roots.
I learned my lesson well last time. I'm staying shallow for now.
Find yerself a good squad. Half the game is the connections you make. I have lifelong friends (and foes) who play this game, that's why I just keep coming back.