Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
Suggestions
« on: March 03, 2023, 04:34:17 PM »
My Alienware was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Got a text from Dell saying it won’t be delivered until late April now. I can’t wait that long. Sam’s and Walmart both have Cyber Power gaming PCs I can go pick up. Anybody have any thing to say about the quality of these units or should I hold out for the Alienware?  Thanks
Back after 15 years. <S> Everyone. Cremator08@gmail.com. (Cremator in real life)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 04:57:49 PM »
I've got 2 directly from cyber power, first in 2010 and it's still running strong. The 2nd in 2020, no issues with either. If i was only playing AH i'd still be using the older one.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 05:32:05 PM »
BestBuy has a sale on prebuilt gaming PCs.  I think they are trying to sell off the rest of the 30xx video card systems so the can start to push the 40xx series cards.

$300-400 off systems built by ASUS, Lenvov, MSI, HP Omen, etc.   Might be worth checking out...

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 05:33:37 PM »
My Alienware was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Got a text from Dell saying it won’t be delivered until late April now. I can’t wait that long. Sam’s and Walmart both have Cyber Power gaming PCs I can go pick up. Anybody have any thing to say about the quality of these units or should I hold out for the Alienware?  Thanks

Is the Alienware refundable?

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023, 06:28:34 PM »

The same thing happened to me, it will be there shortly
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2023, 06:49:19 PM »

Is the Alienware refundable?

It is.
Back after 15 years. <S> Everyone. Cremator08@gmail.com. (Cremator in real life)

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2023, 06:51:08 PM »
I've got 2 directly from cyber power, first in 2010 and it's still running strong. The 2nd in 2020, no issues with either. If i was only playing AH i'd still be using the older one.

So any Cyber Power will run the game fine?  All I’m wanting to do is play this game and download and save pictures that I take. I won’t use it for anything else.

Thanks to all who have commented.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2023, 08:22:16 AM »
I've had two Cyberpowerpc machines.  Love them both.  I bought them online, so I could configure them myself; no idea what the pre-builts are composed of, but I expect they're more than adequate.

- oldman

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2023, 08:29:41 AM »
Built every desktop from scratch starting with a 286 in 92

Been upgrading that box since :)

They aren't that complicated imo and enjoyable and educating to build

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2023, 08:42:53 AM »
Post the specs of the one/ones your looking at here and these nuts will give you the ya/nay for it. The statement "any Cyber Power will run the game fine?" is not good. Im sure some will be weak computers due to cheap video cards and such. Quality wise, yes cyber power does a good job and they last well.

The specs are important, dont cheap out.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2023, 08:44:55 AM »
Here are 2 that are in stock at best buy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-tracemr-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-5500-8gb-ddr4-memory-nvidia-rtx-3050-480gb-ssd/6510801.p?skuId=6510801
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/skytech-gaming-archangel-3-0-gaming-pc-r5-3600-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-500g-ssd-8g-memory/6471873.p?skuId=6471873

Both are rated better then my computer for both video card and video card specs. RAM is 8gb but those are super easy to upgrade on your own. Those have AMD chips but they are rated better going by Userbenchmark.

My pc has an intel i7-3820 rated at 3.6 ghz and a geforce gtx1060 3gb. I can run AH perfectly fine. I dont have every single shiny thing enabled as a lot of the eye candy doesnt appeal to me, and the game runs for me at 59fps in the main arena. I have no desire to use VR for anything so this computer meets my needs to play the game. I built this myself so parts wise it was cheaper to build it rather then buying a pre built one. I got lucky on this one, someone upgraded their computer and didnt want this one anymore. I got the case, motherboard,  32gb ram, and cpu for free since they was going to toss it in the garbage since they got a new gaming pc and "this one wasnt good enough for them" I just moved my video card to it and bought a SSD and reinstalled windows 7 on it. Couldnt pass it up.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 08:49:14 AM by Meatwad »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2023, 08:59:57 AM »
My custom Dell took about a month, or more. The problem is chips. I think miy issue was vid card. Bit I got it, and it kicks.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2023, 09:19:41 AM »
Built every desktop from scratch starting with a 286 in 92

That's the way to do it.  Why should the assemblers have all the fun?     :)
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2023, 09:17:24 PM »
just recently scratch build my machine with a 30XX card. $2300 and it boots in 15 seconds. supports VR and no issues. you can wait or go with cyber power. both good machines.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2023, 09:45:05 PM »
So any Cyber Power will run the game fine?  All I’m wanting to do is play this game and download and save pictures that I take. I won’t use it for anything else.

Thanks to all who have commented.

Any, absolutely not. I get the specs and post them, I’d say good chances it will if it’s a gaming machine.

I bought mine online and upgraded a few items to fit what I’d use it for, which was gaming and graphic design work. If you go online they have hundreds of combinations to choose from and with the ability to swap cars out you’re talking about hundreds of thousands if not more possible PC builds.