Author Topic: How are the numbers?  (Read 1861 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Re: How are the numbers?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2023, 12:04:32 PM »

You can also map parts of the axis travel (low/mid/high) with a command. They're at the bottom of the list for your stick.

Always learning something about this game.   :old:
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2023, 12:55:31 PM »
Lower.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2023, 04:02:26 PM »
Thanks fellas, more familiar names :cheers:. I think you might of been in that training room all those years ago Shuffler.

I am always in training.  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2023, 10:56:48 PM »
Oh man, I'm getting the itch....not that itch but the itch to fly again.

I need to find my stick....not that stick but the one I have in a box somewhere in the storage space.

I guess I better go peruse the minimal rig requirements as this MacBook isn't gonna work. My wife's PC is from 2014 so I doubt that'll cut it.

If I can't find my stick, what's a decent stick that doesn't break the bank and only takes maybe 7 brain cells to configure and operate?

I just skimmed the forums and I'm shocked at how many of you are still alive....I mean active!

Damnit! I think I am getting that other itch too. I'll be back.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2023, 12:25:13 AM »
Xanax, check Facebook Market, Craigslist and eBay. I put my system together in about 3 months. Ignore the nay sayers about buying used parts. For the most part I have found everyone that I dealt with to be very up front and the parts look and play like they are basically brand new. My system out performs my brothers 3070 which he bought during Covid times and spent over 2600 a year and a half ago. Mine together 2080ti gpu,5800x cpu, x570 crosshair viii motherboard, 32 gb ram gskill cl18 4000, 360 aio arctic freeze, 2tb hynix ssd all for 950. Shop for deals, make offers, the worst is a no. A lot of people just get rid of the stick and other parts because it’s just sitting around not being used. On Facebook Market I found a x52 pro stick and throttle including pedals for 100 dollars. Sorry for the novel, deals make me excited  :pray :joystick:

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2023, 01:04:02 AM »
My old 52 stick was cashed and found one on FB for $60 with the throttle. I traded the guy 1/4oz of weed for it and it it was almost new. Now I have some back up for repair!

If you knew how much weed I grew, he basically paid me lol.  :banana:
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2023, 01:10:46 AM »
Xanax, check Facebook Market, Craigslist and eBay. I put my system together in about 3 months. Ignore the nay sayers about buying used parts. For the most part I have found everyone that I dealt with to be very up front and the parts look and play like they are basically brand new. My system out performs my brothers 3070 which he bought during Covid times and spent over 2600 a year and a half ago. Mine together 2080ti gpu,5800x cpu, x570 crosshair viii motherboard, 32 gb ram gskill cl18 4000, 360 aio arctic freeze, 2tb hynix ssd all for 950. Shop for deals, make offers, the worst is a no. A lot of people just get rid of the stick and other parts because it’s just sitting around not being used. On Facebook Market I found a x52 pro stick and throttle including pedals for 100 dollars. Sorry for the novel, deals make me excited  :pray :joystick:

Thanks, Prayer
I'll take a gander at all of those options. What I'll end up doing is making my wife think she needs a new computer as I'll blame any new hiccup i.e printer jams, slow websites, internet downtimes etc.on the pc itself. I'll spec out some parts and build a sweet running machine. I'll make a big stink about how technical and hard it is to build a machine to her new standard (my recommendations) so she'll feel bad and foot the bill. Easy peasy. She'll do something similar when she needs a new purse or pair of shoes and I'll get those for her birthday, xmas, Arbor Day or whatever it happens to be. It's devious and eye rolling on both sides but it's a system that works.

Now I gotta go gum up her printer a bit and schedule some internet downtimes. Damn computers!
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2023, 07:42:16 AM »
OH and about the numbers. Well let's see...   1 and 3 still do not get along, so we sent 2 to keep them seperated. Other than that.... all seems pretty tranquil.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2023, 10:33:47 AM »
Basically, that is what I did Xanax. She still thinks everything with the monitor was a 300 dollar purchase.(slanting phone to catch sun glare currently so she can’t read this) Use the sun and save a little extra for Mother’s Day or her favorite dinner and spa, played right frees up a little time and no ack.

Still the same eh Shuffler. I remember when switching sides was a mortal sin and god forbid you changed squadrons.. black listed/cancelled to some. Those were good gaming years though, still my fondest.

- :pray :joystick:

« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 10:47:56 AM by Prayer »

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2023, 11:03:18 AM »
OH and about the numbers. Well let's see...   1 and 3 still do not get along, so we sent 2 to keep them seperated. Other than that.... all seems pretty tranquil.

Boy am I slow today. Hate to admit how many minutes it took for me to get that one.

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2023, 11:37:10 AM »
Oboe, still the same Shuffler. Wait, whose on 1st?  :aok

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2023, 07:37:08 PM »
Lower.
because people abandoned the game for greener pastures  :cheers:

Or life circumstances  :salute

Lower but mangeable
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2023, 12:12:20 PM »
Oboe, still the same Shuffler. Wait, whose on 1st?  :aok

:rofl    :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2023, 11:17:11 AM »
Thanks for the replys. Im still considering coming back. These VKB controllers are The Bomb and I finally learned to fly fighters a little. WW2OL, while a fun flight game, has lost a lot of numbers and in the air the game has just skewed badly. So you can either pick from being on the LW side, far more numbers and far better organization, or the allied side, far to few numbers and no team work.

Neither appeal. The LW guys, tho yes they are good friends, HO once and then run because why fight when you have a 5 on 1 advantage? I dont blame them, they have been in their squads for many years so why expect them to switch because the allies have gone bust? I blame the game for having no fair balancing rules like Aces High has. When things are close to equal, or 1 on 1, the game is great. But it hasn't been "great" for awhile and Im starting to think it never will be again.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2023, 11:56:19 AM »
Give it a go..you won't be disappointed

Over 130 online last night at 2100 est when I  bailed

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals