Author Topic: Sorry… Time to Shelf 3 Points for Repairs  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Sorry… Time to Shelf 3 Points for Repairs
« on: March 09, 2023, 08:25:25 PM »
No icon jets are my fave did I tell you? Like it even better when it’s twice! Love it!  :rock

It’s also tough to generate much action outside those islands. Map is a lot of wasted space. Maybe squeeze it in a bit.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
Re: Sorry… Time to Shelf 3 Points for Repairs
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 09:02:36 PM »
Yeah, and every base hase 163"s??
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 09:19:38 PM by hotard »
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 10:31:46 PM »
Yup… ghost jets abound. Glad I popped a few in my lancs!  :banana:

A few meaning I got… one.   :joystick:
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 02:40:42 PM »
Jets at every base is a tad bit too much. I agree, time to shelve this map.
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 03:11:01 PM »
Saw a 51 the other day on that map with no icon. It must have flown through a cloud at very high altitude.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2023, 08:51:35 AM »
No icon jets are my fave did I tell you?

I'm sure someone has told HT about the cloud bug, why does it keep happening?
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2023, 09:13:04 AM »
I'm sure someone has told HT about the cloud bug, why does it keep happening?

I have uploaded a new cloud file for ETOMA and 3points, to the FTP Server. Hitech will still need to re-compile the games. I tested the new Cloud files offline, I was able to duplicate the problem then correct it. I also corrected the ME-163 issue as well in 3points, and uploaded the new file.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2023, 10:13:52 AM »
I have uploaded a new cloud file for ETOMA and 3points, to the FTP Server. Hitech will still need to re-compile the games. I tested the new Cloud files offline, I was able to duplicate the problem then correct it. I also corrected the ME-163 issue as well in 3points, and uploaded the new file.

Jimmy can you explain what caused the icon loss as related to the cloud file, and what was done to correct it?   Just curious about it...thanks!

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2023, 10:20:34 AM »

:aok :rock :salute
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2023, 10:38:34 AM »

Thanks! Now just squeeze it in a bit lol .

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2023, 11:57:02 AM »
Jimmy can you explain what caused the icon loss as related to the cloud file, and what was done to correct it?   Just curious about it...thanks!

From what I can determine, cloud types used above their altitude range, as listed in the Cloud Editor, are the issue. I duplicated the problem offline by setting some "12k" clouds above that setting at 14k, using drones at a base for icons. I then launched an aircraft, flew up to altitude, flew through the clouds at that level, then dove down to the base, drone icons were gone. Reset the clouds to 12k, repeated the process, drones icons remained visible. Just to be sure, I remained in the aircraft, flew back to altitude again and repeated the process. Drone Icons remained. I tried this with several different Cloud types, it appears to only be a problem above 12k. I did not experiment with the lower altitude clouds.

I am sure Hitech would have a more eloquent way of describing the problem, especially from a coding standpoint.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2023, 12:48:19 PM »
From what I can determine, cloud types used above their altitude range, as listed in the Cloud Editor, are the issue. I duplicated the problem offline by setting some "12k" clouds above that setting at 14k, using drones at a base for icons. I then launched an aircraft, flew up to altitude, flew through the clouds at that level, then dove down to the base, drone icons were gone. Reset the clouds to 12k, repeated the process, drones icons remained visible. Just to be sure, I remained in the aircraft, flew back to altitude again and repeated the process. Drone Icons remained. I tried this with several different Cloud types, it appears to only be a problem above 12k. I did not experiment with the lower altitude clouds.

I am sure Hitech would have a more eloquent way of describing the problem, especially from a coding standpoint.

Thank you Jimmy for your explanation, and your efforts to track down and eliminate this bug!     

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2023, 02:43:50 PM »
I apologize for the problems in ETOMA and 3points. For what its worth, I have learned a tremendous amount from working through the issues on these 2 maps.

On ETOMA, I went back and smoothed the convoy roads and train tracks to allow gv's to cross easier. Also went back and trouble shot the Icon issue. This was also done to 3points.

The ME-163 debacle, I have no excuse for, I just missed it all together.

The corrections to both maps have been uploaded to Hitech, as both maps will have to be re-compiled.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2023, 04:37:18 PM »
The ME-163 debacle, I have no excuse for, I just missed it all together.

On the plus side, it gave me the opportunity for my first Me 163 on Me 163 kill ever. Even more crazy the fact that it was a vulch  :evil:
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2023, 04:49:09 PM »

On the plus side, it gave me the opportunity for my first Me 163 on Me 163 kill ever. Even more crazy the fact that it was a vulch  :evil:

So something positive came out of it anyway. :aok  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76