Author Topic: Anyone tried Advertising to dying WW2 Online players?  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
Anyone tried Advertising to dying WW2 Online players?
« on: March 12, 2023, 01:26:47 PM »
 Topic states it.

I came across something in my YouTube feed. It was a video that showed that WW2 Online is requesting a 3 million dollar kickstart donation or the game will die with the servers. It has been 3 weeks and they are no where close. 90k in donations. Game is done.

I am not sure if I am allowed to post links here.

When I first started it was one of the sims some players would jump back and forth with. Ancient right? Old, I know.

Seems there will be a pool of pilots/players that will be looking and AH would be a perfect jump for them.

I know the cons and struggle it will be to get new players not only over but to sub. Worth a shot.

Has anyone tried maybe posting on there forums or YT channels?

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
Re: Anyone tried Advertising to dying WW2 Online players?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 02:10:04 PM »
Topic states it.

I came across something in my YouTube feed. It was a video that showed that WW2 Online is requesting a 3 million dollar kickstart donation or the game will die with the servers. It has been 3 weeks and they are no where close. 90k in donations. Game is done.

I am not sure if I am allowed to post links here.

When I first started it was one of the sims some players would jump back and forth with. Ancient right? Old, I know.

Seems there will be a pool of pilots/players that will be looking and AH would be a perfect jump for them.

I know the cons and struggle it will be to get new players not only over but to sub. Worth a shot.

Has anyone tried maybe posting on there forums or YT channels?
I know a different game is pulling that stunt by the name of Heroes & Generals WWII which is not WWII Online. I play World War II Online every so often still quite fun although the graphics are dated
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 02:11:46 PM by Tracerfi »
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 02:47:45 PM »
I might of been mistaken at a quick glance. That is more than likely the game

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 06:25:34 PM »
WWII Online was fun way back when and all but someone needs to correct this egregiously wrong wiki article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_Online 
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 07:27:10 PM »
I guess it depends on what qualifies as a first person shooter. Flying planes shooting at others is technically an FPS though not typically what is meant by that today.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2023, 07:34:24 PM »
This is a game where natural selection can be true to some degree. No need to advertise. They will come or they won't. The true test is will they come back once they realize how difficult this game really is. Only a true love for this game keeps us coming back :bolt:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2023, 10:26:24 PM »
I guess it depends on what qualifies as a first person shooter. Flying planes shooting at others is technically an FPS though not typically what is meant by that today.
what is wrong about the wiki article I read through it and nothing seems wrong to me?

He who must not be named

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2023, 08:19:26 AM »
They said it was the first mmo fps. What qualifies as a first person shooter?

Air Warrior was a "first person" shooter that predates WWII Online by 14 years. FPS has come to be defined much more recently as a person with a firearm that is not in a vehicle.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 08:25:12 AM by AKIron »

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2023, 10:17:04 AM »
I played the first MMO FPS. Splatterball on AOL…56k

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2023, 11:11:19 AM »

Air Warrior was a "first person" shooter that predates WWII Online by 14 years. FPS has come to be defined much more recently as a person with a firearm that is not in a vehicle.
first person shooter(FPS) refers to "infantry" style combat that has incorporated tanks and aircraft in some games like Battlefield and Halo. Regardless of theme or style its all combat based to some degree.

Air warrior classifies as a combat flight simulator(CFS)
The only game I am aware of that predates Air warrior in combat flight simulators would be elite dangerous.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 11:22:53 AM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2023, 11:42:17 AM »

World War II Online has Infantry Planes Boats AA AT guns

He who must not be named

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2023, 05:57:25 PM »
ww2ol shouldnt need a kickstart donation, their income should more then sufficiently handle the servers. Look as AH, they are still kicking even though this game will never see any new aircraft or gv again in its lifespan. If ww2ol were so desperate for money they wouldnt be constantly adding in new weapons/infantry/etc. They even have that builders program that you pay extra for just to get extra perks. Sounds like whoever wrote that article is some chicken little behind a keyboard
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2023, 06:37:34 PM »
WWII ended 77 years ago. WWIII is just getting started. We'll need new games. But not just yet.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2023, 06:47:24 PM »
WWII ended 77 years ago. WWIII is just getting started. We'll need new games. But not just yet.

WW2 is still the best air combat.   :airplane:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2023, 11:15:16 PM »
It's not the machine, it's the man that builds the machine. And the aggregated knowledge imparted to deploy that machine. The wood and silk days are gone, like tears in the rain.  ;)