• Plutonium Member
Re: SVB
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2023, 10:07:58 PM »

Lend money for free,
moral hazard amplifies.
Piper must be paid.

[Edit oops.  The moral hazard is increasing.  I had the definition backwards.]

:aok
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2023, 01:21:03 AM »
Yeah nah. One of the goals for CBDC is to operate offline and anonymously in the same way cash does.

You may want to remove the tin foil hat, it's hurting your brain.

"CBDC" = "Central Bank Digital Currency"

That is not the same thing as Bitcoin, Etherium, etc.

CBDC would definitely not be anonymous.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2023, 06:46:42 AM »
Digital currency has to be the goal

The control it brings is euphoria to our leaders

Tied to health care,  fatties will be forced into a black market to get what is now outlawed to them as the government is now over all health care..

See Canada on what would happen if you protest against them..

But before that happens we will be subjected to events and conditions that make us accept the governments Digital solution..

Either a nice fat depression or dollar value decimated caused inflation...or both ..and all the beautiful er peaceful civil unrest that should blossom from those conditions...should get us there quickly imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2023, 08:49:06 AM »
All banks will shutter for a few days, and when they come back up CBDC will be implemented. We have to refuse to use, non-violent protests, etc - we resist enough we can shut that down.

Sorry, I've got March Madness brackets to tend to.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2023, 09:36:25 AM »
Digital currency has to be the goal

The control it brings is euphoria to our leaders

Tied to health care,  fatties will be forced into a black market to get what is now outlawed to them as the government is now over all health care..

See Canada on what would happen if you protest against them..

But before that happens we will be subjected to events and conditions that make us accept the governments Digital solution..

Either a nice fat depression or dollar value decimated caused inflation...or both ..and all the beautiful er peaceful civil unrest that should blossom from those conditions...should get us there quickly imo

Eagler

They will control everything you can buy.

It might not be the goal or intent but the result is that the people in power will have absolute control over us. Every power gets abused and this will be no eception.

It will be a slow creep. Before we know it, we will be limited in even the food we cab buy. Meat is not good for us and is killing the planet - so maybe we need to limit it's production. Easy to do.

Maybe not allow certain racial groups to buy houses out in the country. Force people into cities. The sky is the limit.

Before we know it we'll be eating bugs for protein and riding in trains or buses.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2023, 09:37:30 AM »
 :rolleyes:

Personally, I think they are out to corrupt the purity of our precious bodily fluids.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 09:41:21 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2023, 09:51:34 AM »
I haven't used cash in 2 years. nobody has limited what I buy other than the bank and that is based on no funds.

not sure what some are talking about, they already have that info. and they're only using it to sell us more crap we don't need.

if you really believe they're love the power then give up cash, after all it will be the first thing that gets banned.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2023, 10:15:09 AM »
In cryptocurrency or digital currency everything is traceable and controllable. Every single cent.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2023, 10:22:13 AM »
Also, this will be under central control. It's going to be the US currency and it will be under central control. Unlike your bank now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2023, 01:20:06 PM »
In cryptocurrency or digital currency everything is traceable and controllable. Every single cent.

not everything, but you should pay taxes since it's income that's why they trace it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2023, 02:09:53 PM »
it's not just about taxes.

Just like they control what people can buy with EBT cards. With a US digital currency, every single penny will be tracked - it's entire history. So the government can see every single thing you buy. They could control how every penny is spent if they want too, and they could even eliminate it from existence at any time they want. That's total control of all of your money and no chance for you to hold physical dollars to get around any of it.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2023, 02:23:25 PM »
"CBDC" = "Central Bank Digital Currency"

That is not the same thing as Bitcoin, Etherium, etc.

CBDC would definitely not be anonymous.

I disagree, one of the goals for CBDC is to replicate the characteristics of cash - except do it digitally. Anonymity is considered essential to it's success. And no it will not be a blockchain based cryptocurrency either.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2023, 02:32:09 PM »
Since I don't use USA currency I don't have to worry about.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2023, 04:49:05 PM »
I disagree, one of the goals for CBDC is to replicate the characteristics of cash - except do it digitally. Anonymity is considered essential to it's success. And no it will not be a blockchain based cryptocurrency either.

CBDC would not be anonymous.

From the Fed regarding CBDC:

"Financial institutions in the United States are subject to robust rules that are designed to combat money laundering and the financing of terrorism. A CBDC would need to be designed to comply with these rules. In practice, this would mean that a CBDC intermediary would need to verify the identity of a person accessing CBDC, just as banks and other financial institutions currently verify the identities of their customers."

https://www.federalreserve.gov/cbdc-faqs.htm

CBDC would be like a debit card, not like cash.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2023, 04:54:08 PM »
Since I don't use USA currency I don't have to worry about.

I think CDBC is likely in China, Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.