Author Topic: P47’s Are the Chuck Norris of Airplanes!  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
Re: P47’s Are the Chuck Norris of Airplanes!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2023, 09:09:35 AM »
By a long shot, the most dangerous bomber interceptor in this game is the P-47d11 especially when attacking from high 6 o' clock. Now understand tweeking convergence to a longer range makes a huge difference. In capable hands I experience nothing short of getting liquidated when facing these sky demons.

Now come on, I'm finetime! I will come out on top 75% of the time in any engagement, even when faced against stacked odds. That percentage drops dramatically when i come against that bird. The D11 in my opinion is the cream of the crop in AH3 for bomber intercepting below 20k and its not even close to ANY other aircraft including the 163. You can pop a comet but the thunderbolt will take gobs of lead and keep on keeping on.  :aok

Not even the 152?  :evil:
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing machine!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2023, 09:15:35 AM »
Now come on, I'm finetime! I will come out on top 75% of the time in any engagement, even when faced against stacked odds. That percentage drops dramatically when i come against that bird. The D11 in my opinion is the cream of the crop in AH3 for bomber intercepting below 20k and its not even close to ANY other aircraft including the 163. You can pop a comet but the thunderbolt will take gobs of lead and keep on keeping on.  :aok

That has little to do with the bird, but with the man flying it. The D-11 offers no advantage at all over its brothers when it comes to bomber busting other than increased perk payout. Same guns, same frame (but less fuel). I, too, have the lowest k/d vs the D-11 out of all 47s, but that's because it's a rare bird more often used by experts than not.
And yes, other planes are much more capable for hunting bombers just by their specs.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2023, 09:20:25 AM »

That has little to do with the bird, but with the man flying it. The D-11 offers no advantage at all over its brothers when it comes to bomber busting other than increased perk payout. Same guns, same frame (but less fuel). I, too, have the lowest k/d vs the D-11 out of all 47s, but that's because it's a rare bird more often used by experts than not.
And yes, other planes are much more capable for hunting bombers just by their specs.

Agreed. There are certain planes that you encounter and think “this guy is either a noob or someone to be feared”. These days its much more likely to be the latter.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2023, 10:02:53 AM »

the d11 with the right convergence setting is the deadliest bomber interceptor in the game hands down. It's survivability along with its lazer like 50's forces me to put it at my #1 spot.

There is a reason "the best" fly it when they do :salute

I will state that once you get above 20k the game totally changes. Only the Mary, 152, and comet excel at the highest altitudes. Although these runs dominate the game, I promise you the d11 out performs in getting the job done from my experience.

Numbers are diluted by player preference. I am not trying to be "right" just simply speaking from my own experience. I've had over 10,000 engagements in bombers in the past 2 years.That is a variable the statistic do not show. 

« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 10:18:30 AM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2023, 10:04:49 AM »
Unlike a spit you don't have to worry about jugs unless they are higher than you and are flown by a decent pilot

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2023, 10:18:49 AM »
Unlike a spit you don't have to worry about jugs unless they are higher than you and are flown by a decent pilot

Eagler
+1
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2023, 12:49:48 PM »
The question is if they run faster with Ethanol in them than without  :D

Next time I find one at a gas station ill let you know once I get out of jail
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2023, 12:55:25 PM »
Next time I find one at a gas station ill let you know once I get out of jail

:eek:     :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2023, 02:47:25 PM »
the d11 with the right convergence setting is the deadliest bomber interceptor in the game hands down. It's survivability along with its lazer like 50's forces me to put it at my #1 spot.

That's the very same .50s all other jugs have. This is nothing special with the D-11
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2023, 07:28:19 PM »
I never had much luck buff hunting in any of the P47s, however the November is one of my go to for field cap. Lots of ammo, good loiter time, and as long as you manage your Energy it can usually escape as long you don’t put yourself on the deck. It also has the durability to go into the ack and drag people out kicking and screaming.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing machine!

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2023, 07:43:43 PM »

That's the very same .50s all other jugs have. This is nothing special with the D-11

Only difference in guns in the Jug line is that the guns are farther outboard on the N as compared to the other Jugs. That's it, though.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2023, 08:27:54 PM »
I never had much luck buff hunting in any of the P47s, however the November is one of my go to for field cap. Lots of ammo, good loiter time, and as long as you manage your Energy it can usually escape as long you don’t put yourself on the deck. It also has the durability to go into the ack and drag people out kicking and screaming.

Don’t worry if you’re on the deck… those big ole flaps at 300mph are quite a surprise to the fella behind you.  l :headscratch:
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2023, 06:57:09 AM »
Every time I run into a p47 at 34k feet while flying a yak9, they dove away 30k with of of altitude.