Author Topic: I知 not a mute  (Read 593 times)

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
I知 not a mute
« on: March 15, 2023, 09:12:51 PM »
I swear I知 not a mute. I知 still trying to line out my new system. I知 having trouble hearing the radio traffic (especially when my engines are running) and when I key to talk my screen locks up and I lose audio briefly. I知 working through the kinks. Any help is appreciated. I知 using a wireless Alienware Bluetooth head set.

Was cool to run into an old squad member today, 8thJinx. Hopefully will get my stuff lined out soon. It痴 been difficult and thanks for those who have offered advice.
Back after 15 years. <S> Everyone. Cremator08@gmail.com. (Cremator in real life)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: I知 not a mute
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 10:28:12 PM »
You can turn your own engine volume down under Options/Preferences/Game Sounds/Advanced.  I need to do this too - I'm using the Sick Puppy sound pack and in the P-38, I set my own engine at close to 10-15%, just so I can hear the radio chatter.

The audio problem sounds like it could be a driver issue?  Have you checked to make sure the correct microphone is selected in Game Sounds?   If you have a monitor that contains a speaker, I think I recall that the HDMI driver for monitors withe speakers causes a problem... 

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 06:47:17 AM »
I値l look and see but I知 fairly certain I was given two options, speakers or headset. I致e selected headset in each of the four settings. My headset is wireless but I致e got the option to use them direct. I think this afternoon I値l try hard wiring them in and see if that makes a difference.
Back after 15 years. <S> Everyone. Cremator08@gmail.com. (Cremator in real life)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 07:43:07 AM »
I値l look and see but I知 fairly certain I was given two options, speakers or headset. I致e selected headset in each of the four settings. My headset is wireless but I致e got the option to use them direct. I think this afternoon I値l try hard wiring them in and see if that makes a difference.

Tha'ts a good thought to try...

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 07:47:43 AM »
Refer to my post on how I mix default sounds.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2023, 07:49:44 AM »
Wireless and wired should see no difference.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2023, 08:20:19 AM »
I haven't played in quite some time but isn't there a setting to mute by some percentage all sounds when voice is active?
的t's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2023, 09:44:58 AM »
I haven't played in quite some time but isn't there a setting to mute by some percentage all sounds when voice is active?

Yes the playback effects sound bar,moving slider to the left will reduce sounds when vox is operating.

You will find this under voice on clip board map. IIRC it痴 the very bottom slider. It痴 best to have someone use the radio while you make the adjustment so you can test it and settle on a level you like.

YMMV.

:salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2023, 11:15:26 AM »
Make sure you have the latest drivers and updates.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2023, 03:03:12 PM »
I'm not an alcoholic anymore either my God saved me and I was reborn into a world of Sobriety!!!

I sure as hell have been able to save alot of money that I was spending on that poison alchol suplied by the devil! :airplane: :rock :rock :pray :pray :pray
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.