Author Topic: Who Has More Alt? Me or My Plane?  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Who Has More Alt? Me or My Plane?
« on: March 18, 2023, 08:57:55 AM »
When I’m not high up in the cartoon air, I have another hobby I’ve been toiling away at for almost 30 years.

I’m a bit of a hippie I suppose. :old: I don’t drink alcohol or take otc synthetic drugs. I make my own medicine. Here is a peek at one of my flowering tents. I’m in the Northeast so I just started soaking the beans for summer outdoor crop. I’m in a legal state so don’t worry about the fuzz.  :police:

Three plants in this one just entering week four of flowering. Two Gelato OG’s on the left and in the back with about four more weeks left. Plus a Durban Poison on the right in the front. That one will take a few weeks longer most likely.

It’s getting a little tight in there so time for a haircut which means lots of larf leftover. That’s one of my favorite parts of growing. Aside from smokeable bud, all the by product lets me make tinctures and oil for cooking. I usually sell that to my wife’s silly friends or at the local farmers market. An ounce of my everclear tincture can go for $50-100 and I have mason jars full of that stuff hehe!  :aok

Where my Aces High growmies at? :cheers:

The Gelato is pretty popular right now because of its extra high thc content. These ones are already starting to frost up nicely. :P

The Durban Poision reaching for the sky! It will probably need close to at least 8 more weeks to get nice and fat.

Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: Who Has More Alt? Me or My Plane?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 09:02:04 AM »
Here they were at about three weeks old. They are all grown up now!

Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 09:33:06 AM »
Nice plants ... gardening can be very rewarding

How big a tent ? Looks like 2ft by 4ft

Not sure how well your hobby will go over on this forum though

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 11:22:35 AM »
This one is 4x4. I have two 2x4’s I use for seedlings and vegging. I also have 6x8 pop up greenhouse I use in the summer.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2023, 08:13:28 PM »
I just got a 4x2 myself and collecting all the fixings.

How hard are tinctures to make? Do you have a guide by chance? My main reason for getting into this is for assistance sleeping. I suppose it would be nice to utilize the entirety of the plant if I could.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2023, 09:49:34 PM »
I just got a 4x2 myself and collecting all the fixings.

How hard are tinctures to make? Do you have a guide by chance? My main reason for getting into this is for assistance sleeping. I suppose it would be nice to utilize the entirety of the plant if I could.

I have a magic butter machine so it’s easier than napping. You decarb your stuff, mix it in the pot, press a button and come back when it’s done. Mine is the infuzium 420. Silly name lol and was in the cheaper side, like $150 maybe, but there are lots of brands of machines. Super easy. Amazon is your friend.

Edibles and tinctures barely touch me, I’m old school with the bud. Must be my metabolism as a skinny old hippie lol.

What are you growing? Now we know why the site hasn’t been updated since the fall!  :neener:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 10:37:54 PM by Dadtallica »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2023, 11:34:20 PM »
I have a magic butter machine so it’s easier than napping. You decarb your stuff, mix it in the pot, press a button and come back when it’s done. Mine is the infuzium 420. Silly name lol and was in the cheaper side, like $150 maybe, but there are lots of brands of machines. Super easy. Amazon is your friend.

Edibles and tinctures barely touch me, I’m old school with the bud. Must be my metabolism as a skinny old hippie lol.

What are you growing? Now we know why the site hasn’t been updated since the fall!  :neener:
Hah, nothing yet. I've still got a lot of accessories to buy yet. Seeds are otw and hoping to plant by the end of the month. Just a few types of autoflower and  then some freebie photoperiod seeds.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2023, 12:24:19 AM »
Autos are great to learn on. Photos get you the most under most conditions. 18 months from now you will grow more and better than you could ever buy. I make my own compost and am all organic. In fact all outdoors this year will be autos. I got hammered by bugs and rot in my greenhouse last summer.

Just remember it’s a weed… don’t overthink it.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2023, 12:34:29 AM »
Texans do not take kindly to the devil's lettuce.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2023, 06:44:32 AM »

Lol...yeah some of that there reefer madness might pop up  :rolleyes:

Look at making infused vegetable and coconut oil Spikes

Both are easy and you can make brownies, chocolate and gummies from those oils pretty easily

It does take a bunch of weed to make decent eatibles...about 7 grams of bud per 1/2 cup of oil...1/2 cup usually goes into a batch of 25 brownies or 80 gummies/chocolates using a mold

Silliest thing is it isn't totally legal everywhere in 2023...

To consider it a narcotic the same danger as heroin just shows our leaders ignorance and corrupt tie to big pharmaceutical companies

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2023, 08:21:22 AM »
For cooking coconut oil is the best because you can use it in place of butter and oil for any recipe. You can also just use it sublingually as a tincture. This week I’m using it to make my wife a lotion for topical pain relief.

I don’t live in Texas.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 08:50:24 AM by Dadtallica »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2023, 07:48:25 AM »
Autos are great to learn on. Photos get you the most under most conditions. 18 months from now you will grow more and better than you could ever buy. I make my own compost and am all organic. In fact all outdoors this year will be autos. I got hammered by bugs and rot in my greenhouse last summer.

Just remember it’s a weed… don’t overthink it.
Yeah that is what I keep telling myself after going down rabbit holes of make sure you do this or that. I looked into the Infuzium thing as well as the Activator, I'll probably pick them up eventually.

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2023, 08:10:21 AM »
Yeah that is what I keep telling myself after going down rabbit holes of make sure you do this or that. I looked into the Infuzium thing as well as the Activator, I'll probably pick them up eventually.

My first few years growing I carefully followed strict guidelines and meticulously cared for them. Now that I use my own compost and dry amendments all I do is water them once in a while. The only thing I haven’t done is use an auto water system. I still like the the time I get with my plants when I water them. Gives me a chance to inspect them and whatever.

Infuzium was on the cheap side but works great for everclear. Butters and oils you need to run through a couple times but that’s a good idea anyway. The Lenovo machines will decarb for you even. I’m thinking of getting a hydraulic press for wax since my wife and her friends prefer vapes to smoking bud.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 08:12:44 AM by Dadtallica »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2023, 10:32:34 AM »
My first few years growing I carefully followed strict guidelines and meticulously cared for them. Now that I use my own compost and dry amendments all I do is water them once in a while. The only thing I haven’t done is use an auto water system. I still like the the time I get with my plants when I water them. Gives me a chance to inspect them and whatever.

Infuzium was on the cheap side but works great for everclear. Butters and oils you need to run through a couple times but that’s a good idea anyway. The Lenovo machines will decarb for you even. I’m thinking of getting a hydraulic press for wax since my wife and her friends prefer vapes to smoking bud.

The auto water things are cheap, at least they can be - I will probably pick one up as I'll be going away for a week or so in May. Not something I'd rely on all the time but should be sufficient when away. I'm going to try to find a decent solution for excess drainage too, probably something gravity handled.

FlyKommando.com

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2023, 11:13:22 AM »

I’ll be surprised if this doesn’t get lock asap. Until then I have a press and can say once you get one you’ll be glad you did! You can decarb the rosin to make edibles and it will not add the sometimes nasty taste or give you dry mouth simply because you can use small amounts.

There’s many things I’ve done with herb,it’s been a hobby of mine for many years but I won’t get into it in this open forum,besides it’s against the rules.

I’d be open to questions,just shoot me a pm.

:salute