Author Topic: New/ returning player looking for info please  (Read 1422 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: New/ returning player looking for info please
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2023, 09:03:58 AM »
Leptic with a killer PC like that you may want to try VR once you get settled in again.   AH has a very good implementation of VR.

Several next gen headsets coming out looking real promising, and the release of new headsets should drive pricing down on the previous generation headsets.   Consensus here I think is the HP Reverb G2 is best performance for the $, and the Quest 2 is solid build, with better software experience.  Pico Neo 4 definitely worth a look too.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2023, 01:20:56 PM »
Welcome to the show!

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2023, 09:48:35 AM »
What was your dads handle back then?

Offline Chief

• Zinc Member
      • 332nd Fighter Group
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2023, 10:27:24 AM »
I returned about a week ago, and I wouldn't say the game is dead. I found some friends who are still around from 10 years ago. Overall my focus is just trying to get back into the swing of things. Although the numbers aren't like they were , I still find the experience to be worth it. My favorite part about this community is the knowledge. It feels good finding a website with articles from 98/99 to help you improve today. Have you seen some of the old pilot training videos on youtube? Pull out a notebook. Immerse yourself in pilot training. It feels better flying someone's wing and helping them land some victories. I mentioned last night to a buddy while in vr ," man , we came along way from modification buttons and hat switches!!!" YEE HAW Im happy to be back. Even if the Aces of Aces High are hunting me down. <S>
Squad: TAs AeroFighters Inc. (active) | 332nd Fighter Group (2014/2015)
Pilot: Greaser

The Battle Over The Winter Line

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2023, 10:43:04 PM »
I returned about a week ago, and I wouldn't say the game is dead. I found some friends who are still around from 10 years ago. Overall my focus is just trying to get back into the swing of things. Although the numbers aren't like they were , I still find the experience to be worth it. My favorite part about this community is the knowledge. It feels good finding a website with articles from 98/99 to help you improve today. Have you seen some of the old pilot training videos on youtube? Pull out a notebook. Immerse yourself in pilot training. It feels better flying someone's wing and helping them land some victories. I mentioned last night to a buddy while in vr ," man , we came along way from modification buttons and hat switches!!!" YEE HAW Im happy to be back. Even if the Aces of Aces High are hunting me down. <S>

Good to have you back, Chief.

- oldman