Author Topic: Just Doing My Part  (Read 922 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Just Doing My Part
« on: March 22, 2023, 11:47:17 AM »
I just found the sub so I have to wait a few days before I can make posts in r/flightsim. Someone posted about having fun flying the B-17 so I commented with the old AH commercial with the B17’s.

Not sure if it helped or not but the word is out lol.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Just Doing My Part
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 12:04:02 PM »
I really wish we could've got the aceshigh subreddit more off the ground. I've never bothered to advertise it much.

There are definitely newer videos out there that are much more appealing. Sort of a shameless plug but here is one from a Scenario we ran a couple years ago that is kinda short:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVUOwPjgOYw
Not really commercial short but it's AH3 with all the graphics turned up instead of AH2. I also have a few more vids on there that are set to songs so a little entertaining. I know some guys post their videos of FSO and MA activities too but they are a bit longer.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 12:15:48 PM »
Very nice Spikes !!!   :aok
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 12:32:52 PM »
I had asked about r/aceshigh not long ago. I will share some newer stuff when I can post. We were all reminiscing about the commercial this week and I couldn’t help it lol.

I have a ton of videos but sadly no time to edit and upload to a Reddit. If this community really wants new people then Reddit should be included in the main sources of social media free advertising.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 02:15:14 PM »
Oh I know. Just seeing AH2 stuff being 'advertised' in present day makes me cringe because the game does look a lot better than it used to, albeit dated compared to games on newer engines. There's a guy who posts YT videos frequently in AH2 and it's come up on this board a few times. The guy likes flying AH2 offline and I don't blame him but when those videos are new and are associated with "Aces High" in the search, it paints a bad picture.

Regarding reddit, I was posting monthly on there our scenarios and FSOs but obviously with not many followers on there, there wasn't much ROI.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 02:52:48 PM »
Well it returned me!

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 04:21:17 PM »

Regarding reddit, I was posting monthly on there our scenarios and FSOs but obviously with not many followers on there, there wasn't much ROI.

It's 2023....Stream it on twitch. There is a couple of us streaming FSO on there. The more we get the odds increase of new people and returning people.

This past Friday a guy I been playing DCS with and stream with was watching my FSO stream and ended up re-upping his account after seven years. Greaser is his in-game name.

Streaming does work
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2023, 05:00:38 PM »
I really wish we could've got the aceshigh subreddit more off the ground. I've never bothered to advertise it much.

There are definitely newer videos out there that are much more appealing. Sort of a shameless plug but here is one from a Scenario we ran a couple years ago that is kinda short:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVUOwPjgOYw
Not really commercial short but it's AH3 with all the graphics turned up instead of AH2. I also have a few more vids on there that are set to songs so a little entertaining. I know some guys post their videos of FSO and MA activities too but they are a bit longer.

Would it be acceptable if I use clips from this video to make an ad/commercial type video?
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2023, 05:30:04 PM »
It's 2023....Stream it on twitch. There is a couple of us streaming FSO on there. The more we get the odds increase of new people and returning people.

This past Friday a guy I been playing DCS with and stream with was watching my FSO stream and ended up re-upping his account after seven years. Greaser is his in-game name.

Streaming does work
I did for a while. I probably will in April and try to get back into it while doing it in VR. I tend to put a few minute delay on it. It was enjoyable when I was streaming a while back.

Would it be acceptable if I use clips from this video to make an ad/commercial type video?

Sure. It looks a little weird as I captured everything in 2560x1080, but feel free. That promo I tried to incorporate some VR shots at least. But you can take footage from any of my vids. I thought about trying to do a 'commercial' type video...30-45 secs but don't really have the voice for the voiceover. :)

If it ever gets posted just backlink to the channel. :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 05:37:32 PM by Spikes »

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2023, 06:20:45 PM »
I’ve done voice work and have produced and hosted radio shows. It’s what was doing when I first started AH. I would be willing to donate some clips as long as I can write it to. :banana:

Unless the original fella is available. His voice was perfect!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 06:23:11 PM by Dadtallica »

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2023, 03:27:11 PM »
I did for a while. I probably will in April and try to get back into it while doing it in VR. I tend to put a few minute delay on it. It was enjoyable when I was streaming a while back.

Sure. It looks a little weird as I captured everything in 2560x1080, but feel free. That promo I tried to incorporate some VR shots at least. But you can take footage from any of my vids. I thought about trying to do a 'commercial' type video...30-45 secs but don't really have the voice for the voiceover. :)

If it ever gets posted just backlink to the channel. :)

You and 2 other guys using the same format, which makes it easier, because they are outstanding quality shots in that cinematic stuff. That said, I'd love to have some original kill clips from yours with no voice-over or music,...You'll see why when I get done. I'm wasting time right now, but gone for a week.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2023, 03:29:21 PM »
I’ve done voice work and have produced and hosted radio shows. It’s what was doing when I first started AH. I would be willing to donate some clips as long as I can write it to. :banana:

Unless the original fella is available. His voice was perfect!

I'm told I have a superior radio voice, but I'm not that good with reading dialog/script. in my vid I'm probably looking for the same script, or similar. I'd use his but he has background music that I can separate. Working on the sound track now, which is gong to be a little different.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 03:48:22 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2023, 09:46:50 AM »
I did several searches using combat flight simulators, multiplayer flight simulators etc.  Also reviews of flight simulator games.  AH III almost never comes up or is not mentioned in the reviews.  No idea how to change that.  I assume it involves sending google money.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2023, 10:11:30 AM »
our most creative film makers need to somehow crank out some TikToks, Reels and Shorts and start sharing them out.

I see lots of War Thunder and DCS shorts on Youtube.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals