Author Topic: What's the point of keeping Buzzsaw?  (Read 1239 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
What's the point of keeping Buzzsaw?
« on: March 22, 2023, 12:01:44 PM »
Always produces super low #s. When I'm in the start tab and notice the #s are really low, then I click in and it's buzzsaw I alway go, yup... why hurt the #s with this map? It makes little strategic sense from a business and gameplay perspective. The map is just horrible in so many ways. Sometimes you just gotta realize that not all things are successful and it's better to just cut the loss rather than continue to let it effect the game in a negative way. I just dont get it.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: What's the point of keeping Buzzsaw?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 12:35:37 PM »
I usually enjoy Buzzsaw. I normally have some good fights on that map. I saw 120 people on when I logged in at 1800 pdt last night. So the numbers weren't that low.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 12:36:46 PM »
Would not miss it.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 01:59:15 PM »
Replace Buzzkill with Fester MA.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 02:06:42 PM »
I usually enjoy Buzzsaw. I normally have some good fights on that map. I saw 120 people on when I logged in at 1800 pdt last night. So the numbers weren't that low.

Sik

There was only about 37 players on at 4:30est yesterday when I logged, compared to 50 now at 3:00est. Too me, it's just one big giant cluster in the middle with seemingly no real objective.

Replace Buzzkill with Fester MA.

Yes! Although I'd be happy with one less map in that current section of the rotation. I think the issue is that it wasn't made in AH3, thereby having to remake it. It was a large map, but created a lot of action in areas due to its layout.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 03:54:57 PM »
GV'ers seem to enjoy Buzzsaw ergo it's never going anywhere until Hitech turns off the light.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 04:03:27 PM »
I hate it too but we did a some good battles last night. :joystick:
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2023, 04:22:23 PM »
I try not to fly in the center of Buzzsaw, it's a meat grinder. I find the best action out towards the edges. I can see that with lower numbers the action away from the center might be lacking, but at the time I normally fly on it I have fun fights. The fights I had at 53, 55, last night were a blast and I didn't have to fly for half an hour to scare up a fight.

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2023, 04:51:55 PM »
Why complain here? Make a formal request to HiTech.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2023, 06:19:30 PM »
I try not to fly in the center of Buzzsaw, it's a meat grinder. I find the best action out towards the edges. I can see that with lower numbers the action away from the center might be lacking, but at the time I normally fly on it I have fun fights. The fights I had at 53, 55, last night were a blast and I didn't have to fly for half an hour to scare up a fight.

Was there… can confirm!  :cheers:

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2023, 08:06:55 AM »

I'm never able to find fights outside of the middle on the map. The CVs cannot enter the straights and you have fly a sector and half to get to a base. During off hours there isn't much going on anywhere with 40 players. The Middle is just a bunch of a 25k fighters and bombers with no direction. I can guarantee you a lot of players log in, see the map, see little action, and log.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2023, 08:21:45 AM »
All the maps are too big for the number of players these days imo

I am for taking a sector or two off the edges of all of them to try to concentrate the action

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2023, 11:05:55 AM »
With this map I bail after not finding a fight....alot
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Golden Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2023, 12:27:42 PM »
Buzzsaw is my favorite map to play on.  There are others that I don't care much for.  I know that other players do enjoy those maps so I don't complain about them on 200 or start threads asking to ditch them.  Something to ponder.
Fight's on!

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2023, 12:52:41 PM »
200 is just a gathering place for 12 year olds for the most part.  And.....buzz saw sucks.

I really dont have to ponder that fact.  :aok
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..